Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: The sound of silence (Free Agency opens 12PM EST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Don't let us get suckered again, this would be an AWFUL deal if rumored term and money are correct. 7 years is insane, anything over 4 years is insane for this guy IMO... 4 years is still a stretch.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
H ha. That is gold. We trade away a guy with amazing speed and the ability to make plays at the speed and we are talking of signing a guy that cannot get in on the fore heck and you are talking we need speed. Priceless. It was lIke Chiarelli got left a huge inheritance and he is buying goods that he could never get close to that value back again.

No way would anyone trade us a 24 yeAR old former first overall pick that is consistently in the the top 10 in ppg in the league for Larsson. If we trade Nuge for Barrie we lose more value. Barrie would never be able to fetch us a 23 year old 1st overall Centre man that is responsible at both ends of the rink. Know how I know? Because it cost Seth Jones to get that equivalent Centre.

Chiarelli fell into a pot of insane assets and he is peddling them for lower assets. Poor asset management.

The Oilers were never going to "win" any trade for a legit Dman. I'm not sure why people still don't understand this.

6x6 for Lucic I can live with and was planning on that being worst case scenario. Anything more than that and we're getting to silly territory but if it improves the team for the next 3-4 years and becomes a boat anchor in the last 2-3 years whatever, lets improve the team now. This is a much better team with Lucic than without.

I really really REALLY prefer a Barrie trade over a Demers signing. That would be huge for this organization.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Oilers need Lucic now. Our idiot gm backed us into a corner for no reason. Lucic will get whatever he wants from us. Even if it kills our cap

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
I figure there will be a lot of uproar here today with the Lucic deal. I like the player but won't worry about contract. It is what it is in UFA

Bauer83

Aug 27, 2004
I figure there will be a lot of uproar here today with the Lucic deal. I like the player but won't worry about contract. It is what it is in UFA

And bad contracts are easier moved than predicted. Buyout for 2 years is not terrible. We need the player now, as its time to actually take a step forward.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Lucic will help. I really believe he will play well for at least 4 years. Too many people parrot this "breaking down" stuff. There are guys who play hard nad haven't broken down by 35.

Adding to that, this will make the Canucks hate us a lot :)

oilers92

Jan 26, 2010
Edmonton
never thought i would say this but ill trust Rishaug over most when it comes to the oilers right now, wonder if the Barrie deal is contingent on them getting Demers/Trouba

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Oilers need Lucic now. Our idiot gm backed us into a corner for no reason. Lucic will get whatever he wants from us. Even if it kills our cap

Having he worst group of defensemen in the league for 6 years in a row isn't a reason?

Guess he should have just signed Wiz and Tyutin and called it a summer?

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
My suggestion for today is to step away from the computer/internet once the Lucic signing comes through. Lucic could sign on with the Oilers as a volunteer and everyone is going to be livid at what it cost. Hopefully the Oilers are a better team next year, and hopefully the cap issues can be worked out.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
never thought i would say this but ill trust Rishaug over most when it comes to the oilers right now, wonder if the Barrie deal is contingent on them getting Demers/Trouba

Agreed. The day we traded Hall, Rishaug was trying to soften fans up before the trade was announced. I think he has full access to what the Oilers are doing behind the scenes

dem

Mar 17, 2002

This is my thinking.

Can you imagine if Lucic goes back to LA now?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
And bad contracts are easier moved than predicted. Buyout for 2 years is not terrible. We need the player now, as its time to actually take a step forward.

We need short term results at this point, so what is a GM to do?

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Having he worst group of defensemen in the league for 6 years in a row isn't a reason?

Guess he should have just signed Wiz and Tyutin and called it a summer?

You think NJ doesn't do that obvious sweetheart of a deal if Chia waits a few days to get lucic locked up first?

duul

Jun 21, 2010
No idea why people are lumping Lucic into the Clarkson role. This guy did not have one lucky season. He is a consistent point getter, agitator, hitter, fighter. Chiarelli wants to build a Boston type team and I don't blame him. It's a fun team to watch and will succeed. I'm 8 games into L.A.'s season last year watching Lucic and he brings so much to the table. He is like Maroon but way better at every aspect of the game.

People here were claiming to love Maroon. Saying he's the exact type of player we need. Lucic is Maroon but way better.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
My suggestion for today is to step away from the computer/internet once the Lucic signing comes through. Lucic could sign on with the Oilers as a volunteer and everyone is going to be livid at what it cost. Hopefully the Oilers are a better team next year, and hopefully the cap issues can be worked out.

I'm not too concerned about the cap hit. Just look at the Rangers. They seem to get out of bad contracts all of the time. If we have to overpay in order to improve as a team then so be it

actionjackson

Jun 22, 2010

I'm sure the thought of playing beside McDavid holds little to no appeal either...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad