Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: The sound of silence (Free Agency opens 12PM EST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014

Canucks getting the better player IMO.

I'll add that I bet Okposo goes to Buffalo and Demers to New Jersey

Lucic is 3 years younger though which I think is better for the Oil. He's also meaner. It doesn't really matter honestly because they will both put up 60+ with McD.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Canucks getting the better player IMO.

I'll add that I bet Okposo goes to Buffalo and Demers to New Jersey

I really don't know if this is a good thing for them. I just feel they are going to be stuck as a mediocre team now instead of tearing it half ass down for a couple

Then again you do want some vets to stick around and if he's signed to a decent deal he could be worth some assets in a couple years in a deal.

Last edited:

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I don't know why the Canucks want Eriksson, nor why he wants them.

It feels haphazard to VAN, whereas Eriksson really should be looking for something better to play out the next few years before he starts declining.

Ganz

Dibs
Nov 4, 2005
Upton

fully expected this term to disappoint (good player fills a need but FA contracts are always atrocious)

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
The big thing to watch out for today is a signing of a 3C. To me, that will signal the pending trade of Nuge.

I really hope Chiarelli is smart enough this time to trade AFTER he has filled the hole.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
I love Lucic but anything over 6 mil and we lose. Dont like the looks of it but lets see what happens

We're going to lose I think. After the Hall trade, Chia's in a bit of a bind. Cant' go into the season with Pou-Maroon as our top-6 LW.

I think it's going to be a 7 year deal a little bit over $6M/yr AAV.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The big thing to watch out for today is a signing of a 3C. To me, that will signal the pending trade of Nuge.

I really hope Chiarelli is smart enough this time to trade AFTER he has filled the hole.

I don't know it could spell the end of Pouilot as well. There is just so many moving parts and guys that can go from center to wing or wing to center or wing to wing.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013

In not so sure about that with Chia's recent comments about Drai playing on the wing. We'd need a 3C regardless if that was the plan. I'm getting the feeling Eberle goes and RNH stays at this point.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
In not so sure about that with Chia's recent comments about Drai playing on the wing. We'd need a 3C regardless if that was the plan. I'm getting the feeling Eberle goes and RNH stays at this point.

I'm fine with either peice as long as we get Barrie.

Sekera-Barrie
Klefbom-Larsson

That is a core that you can lock up for next 5 years and win with.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation

I think Eberle stays.

They clearly want to make him and McDavid work, he's our only natural sniper, and if we trade him we're left with a suspect Yak and a rookie Pulju on the right side.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007

fully expected this term to disappoint (good player fills a need but FA contracts are always atrocious)

Good teams are not built through free agency for this reason. That said all successful teams are able to sign one or two high profile free agents. I think they can afford Lucic, provided there are no more idiotic Nikitin/Ferrence type signigings. Even if he starts declining, they can rid themselves of the problem later. See Rangers--Reddem, Drury, Gomez, Richards--was embarrassing, but none of those guys are causing them problems now.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Man.. We are really going to trade Nuge?

Give up that center depth we've sucked so long for? :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad