Roster thread: Get To Work (2022-2023 Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is fighting even allowed in the Bay Area? I thought the Sharks were the mellow bunch from San Jose....... lol

Maybe they told him he could get a discount on his rent if he won the fight?

(I have had friends in the Bay area who even before the recent rent and housing cost increases used to tell horror stories about how expensive it was.)

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Adams said they would continue to talk and if they need to make a move, they would around the deadline. Michigan is good enough that they will still be playing at that point.
Right, I heard the comments. Not going to re-litigate the whole portillo situation, but my take was KA was pretty resigned that signing him is a long-shot, trading him a possiblity, but also a long-shot, and him going to UFA and getting nothing the most likely scenario. He and Cal Peterson can start a podcast together.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
The prospect goalie talk was funny.

Levi - what an amazing human being who is going to do spectacular things in this league and fits us like a glove

Portillo - I think he plays at Michigan

paraphrased, of course. But not like…by that much
where is this from again ? Tx

Legit saw a closet (listed as a single room)for rent for $1250...
Apple employee's are living on the streets in Winnebego's and campers.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Demko speculation from Friedman that includes Buffalo, starts around 25.5 minutes:

that's a odd one isn't Chain (with UPL/Comrie/Levi going forward) ? I mean Marek being a Sabres fan knows how well UPL has been playing. Are they just using the Sabres cap situation to make smoke ?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
that's a odd one isn't Chain (with UPL/Comrie/Levi going forward) ? I mean Marek being a Sabres fan knows how well UPL has been playing. Are they just using the Sabres cap situation to make smoke ?

I think it's just Friedman riffing. He made a comment a few weeks back about how he thinks the Pens don't want to make the same mistake as last year regarding Jarry's injury costing them in the playoffs so I think that's where he gets the Pens in that threesome. LA's issues are well known and they are in there. As for Buffalo as a mention... getting closer and still being unproven with UPL (and even Comrie) with Anderson so long in the tooth seems like the reasoning behind the other.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Maybe they told him he could get a discount on his rent if he won the fight?

(I have had friends in the Bay area who even before the recent rent and housing cost increases used to tell horror stories about how expensive it was.)
I had a recruiter hit me up about a job position in the bay area years ago, told them I had no interest, it would have come close to tripling what my previous salary was but when adjusted for COL it was only like a 5-10K overall increase.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
We're speaking in purely hypotheticals here obviously. The idea you can't use assets to improve in the short term until your 'contention window' opens is stupid. It isn't good GMing, it's neglecting your team. It's not cheating the rebuild if you see an obvious flaw on the team and try to fix it, even if its short term. It's why our PK is garbage and our goaltending is struggling to be average and we're the worst in the league at faceoffs.

No one is suggesting we go all in on a rental. But neglecting the current team while sitting on a pile of picks/prospects waiting for some mythical window to open is stupid. The team has obvious, fixable issues given our cap space and assets.

Ignoring them and saying "well our window isn't open" is a damn good way to ensure it never does.
With the caveat that I won’t move some of the best assets, I agree with the rest of this.

Adams’ plan should be altered to give this group a run.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I think it's just Friedman riffing. He made a comment a few weeks back about how he thinks the Pens don't want to make the same mistake as last year regarding Jarry's injury costing them in the playoffs so I think that's where he gets the Pens in that threesome. LA's issues are well known and they are in there. As for Buffalo as a mention... getting closer and still being unproven with UPL (and even Comrie) with Anderson so long in the tooth seems like the reasoning behind the other.

All I can fathom on acquiring Demko is like the Evander Kane trade. If thry did this deal would they then trade Comrie to a playoff team? If it’s not Zcomrie then they are carrying 3 goalies next year.

Comrie to X for Y, then Y+2nd+ B prospect+ Portillo for Demko.

Vancouver wait till the draft thr bidding could be higher.

something to pay attention to if Comrie faces LA

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
All I can fathom on acquiring Demko is like the Evander Kane trade. If thry did this deal would they then trade Comrie to a playoff team? If it’s not Zcomrie then they are carrying 3 goalies next year.

Comrie to X for Y, then Y+2nd+ B prospect+ Portillo for Demko.

Vancouver wait till the draft thr bidding could be higher.

something to pay attention to if Comrie faces LA

I don't think there is much of anything there. EF riffing and tossing out names.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
I would like for us to trade for Niko Mikkola on St. Louis. What is he worth? 2nd/3rd round pick? A Lybushkin - Mikkola 3rd pair would make our team very hard to play against down the stretch.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Last summer, the organization went to great lengths not to make a longer term move in net and tie up the crease beyond 2023-24 (Murray and Comrie), in no small part to entice Levi to sign this year. I can't see them now bringing in an expensive presumptive #1 at the deadline, particularly given Demko is signed until summer 2026. Acquiring Demko now makes little sense given their actions over the summer.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Last summer, the organization went to great lengths not to make a longer term move in net and tie up the crease beyond 2023-24 (Murray and Comrie), in no small part to entice Levi to sign this year. I can't see them now bringing in an expensive presumptive #1 at the deadline, particularly given Demko is signed until summer 2026. Acquiring Demko now makes little sense given their actions over the summer.

I wasn't advocating to acquire Demko, just trying to parse out why EF would have put them in his commentary.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I don't think there is much of anything there. EF riffing and tossing out names.
I don't get it from the standpoint that Demko is playing horrible this season.

Of 70 qualifying NHL goalies, he is 66th in GSAx. He is not guaranteed to be better than Comrie for the Sabres this season. Let alone being better than Anderson and/or UPL.

I wouldn't offer much of anything for Demko right now. Like maybe offer up Comrie+Portillo for Demko. Maybe.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I don't get it from the standpoint that Demko is playing horrible this season.

Of 70 qualifying NHL goalies, he is 66th in GSAx. He is not guaranteed to be better than Comrie for the Sabres this season. Let alone being better than Anderson and/or UPL.

I wouldn't offer much of anything for Demko right now. Like maybe offer up Comrie+Portillo for Demko. Maybe.

thats where I’m thinking…..like Kane

injured
poor stats
possible locker room problem

except cost is lower than what Kane was.

im not saying acquiring him…just trying to figure out the logic in doing that

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
thats where I’m thinking…..like Kane

injured
poor stats
possible locker room problem

except cost is lower than what Kane was.

im not saying acquiring him…just trying to figure out the logic in doing that
I doubt Demko is a locker room issue.

I just don't see the fit given how poorly he is playing this year, likely due to the injury and the team in front of him.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I don't see Buffalo paying the price for Demko. Most likely Vancouver will want a 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad