Roster thread: Get To Work (2022-2023 Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

giphy.gif

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
This is a flaw of the method that can be seen in the model every year - when player A plays pretty much all his "standard" minutes with player B, the model has a difficult time parsing the results. Samuelsson has had terrible results in a very limited sample away from Dahlin/Power but how relevant is that going forward really?

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
You're fine to have your opinion but I seriously hope you are not suggesting that those "charts" are anything serious and that Mattius Samuelsson is a bad hockey player.

I don't have a problem with Samuelsson. I do think he's being used beyond his capabilities currently and it's one of the reasons we get lit up like a christmas tree in our own zone. He's probably closer to a middle pair guy than a top pair guy

The issue continues to be giving a 7 year deal that is almost all risk and zero reward to a player with less than a year NHL experience when there was no external pressure to do so.

Giving a player a 7 year deal before a season of experience is idiotic.

This guy is 100% right

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I don't have a problem with Samuelsson. I do think he's being used beyond his capabilities currently and it's one of the reasons we get lit up like a christmas tree in our own zone. He's probably closer to a middle pair guy than a top pair guy

The issue continues to be giving a 7 year deal that is almost all risk and zero reward to a player with less than a year NHL experience when there was no external pressure to do so.

What the hell does it even mean to be a "middle pair guy" rather than a "top pair guy"? That's not how pairs work. Dahlin and Power are "top pair guys", then? No one thinks Samuelsson is Dahlin or Power. He's the guy who plays with one of them, which means playing on one of the two pairs that Dahlin or Power play on.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Giving a player a 7 year deal before a season of experience is idiotic.

This guy is 100% right

This isn't meant to be as harsh as it is about to sound, but I do wonder if you are watching games.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What the hell does it even mean to be a "middle pair guy" rather than a "top pair guy"? That's not how pairs work. Dahlin and Power are "top pair guys", then? No one thinks Samuelsson is Dahlin or Power. He's the guy who plays with one of them, which means playing on one of the two pairs that Dahlin or Power play on.

Samuelsson is akin to Lindgren for Fox as a partner who allows the other player do play to their strengths. It's easy to see when they are on the ice together.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
View attachment 644318

If only we had waited to have a full season of games before we handed Samuelsson a 7 year contract....

How do you have the boldness to post that after you also said the same thing about Thompson over and over.

Like if you’re super wrong about half your take, don’t keep bragging about how you think you’re half right

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I didn't see this posted anywhere. If it has been posted I apologize for the duplication.

Adams thinks Levi is dummy thicc

It's a good listen. Adams reinforces what he's been saying and in the 12 days since they did it, they have closed the margin but I doubt he has changed his mind about his plan. (Hop to the 9 minute mark for those who want to get to the acquisition stuff.)

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The prospect goalie talk was funny.

Levi - what an amazing human being who is going to do spectacular things in this league and fits us like a glove

Portillo - I think he plays at Michigan

paraphrased, of course. But not like…by that much

Reactions: Dirty Dog and Beerz

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
The prospect goalie talk was funny.

Levi - what an amazing human being who is going to do spectacular things in this league and fits us like a glove

Portillo - I think he plays at Michigan

paraphrased, of course. But not like…by that much

He called both “tremendous” and he’d “ideally like to sign both”.

But yea, his one sentence description of Levi (spectacular and is going to do special things in the NHL) relative to his one sentence description of Portillo (good body of work at Michigan) was a bit more glowing

Reactions: Jacob582

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Demko speculation from Friedman that includes Buffalo, starts around 25.5 minutes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad