Roster thread: Get To Work (2022-2023 Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Can't understand why Quinn is so slow on taking action lately early in the season it felt like he was on the same page as Cozens and Peterka but now he's overthinking on nearly every play since the Nashville game.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Nice little video about Thompson.

Not to be overly critical, but they put the graphic shows him playing for Bylsma early in the video. He played for Yeo in St. Louis, then Phil, Ralph and Don in Buffalo. They make no mention of his time in the AHL with the Amerks (Taylor) or Chicago (Berube) or San Antonio (Veillieux). Minor, I know.

Not really much that we didn't know but it might help people who don't get up to speed.

Reactions: oldgoalie

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Quinn and Peterka have been very streaky. Definitely think it's time to sit at least one of them.

Bryson is irrelevant to me at this point... Hope Johnson signs and hops into Bryson's spot.

Last edited:

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
I think this has been Bryson's best stretch of games this season. He's playing within himself.
I haven't noticed anything positive about Bryson's game since maybe the first week of the season. He's just a guy. Clague can at least actually win battles along the boards. I dont get why Donny plays him this consistently.

Reactions: DJN21

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The boys have the 7th best point differential in the east. In my mind- that's a pretty telling stat. Shit, they really are going to make this playoff race interesting, aren't they?

Also, interesting tidbit of information. I've noticed they play with an extra hop in their step when the fans are engaged and loud, which is par for the course for most teams. Hopefully the fans start to fill the barn up more consistently:

Last edited:

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
cool, but I expect it to end like Robertson, Chychrun, and other rumors did tbh
I wouldn't be so sure. The issue is San Jose hasn't let teams talk to Meier's camp about a contract extension. Which frankly doesn't make sense to me, because an extended Timo Meier is worth a hell of a lot more than Timo Meier with a $10mill qualifying offer.

It's notable, though, that the Sabres are one of the few teams with the cap space next season and the desire to accommodate Timo signing and playing on his QO.

Put Timo on Cozens wing and dare teams to stop this wagon. I'm more on board with this than Chychrun and I'm all aboard the Chychrun train.

So, yeah, sign me up.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
The boys have the 7th best point differential in the east. In my mind- that's a pretty telling stat. Shit, they really are going to make this playoff race interesting, aren't they?

Also, interesting tidbit of information. I've noticed they play with an extra hop in their step when the fans are engaged and loud, which is par for the course for most teams. Hopefully the fans start to fill the barn up more consistently:

The performance based on attendance is definitely a young team thing. Kids get amped up with the energy of big crowds at home and being in enemy territory on the road. But they sag a bit when the crowds are smaller/quieter at home. They need to learn how to grind through those games. It’s something you see from guys like Girgs/Okposo and their example is a good one for the youngsters. The team will eventually figure it out. Or even better they consistently play in front of bigger crowds.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I wouldn't be so sure. The issue is San Jose hasn't let teams talk to Meier's camp about a contract extension. Which frankly doesn't make sense to me, because an extended Timo Meier is worth a hell of a lot more than Timo Meier with a $10mill qualifying offer.

It's notable, though, that the Sabres are one of the few teams with the cap space next season and the desire to accommodate Timo signing and playing on his QO.

Put Timo on Cozens wing and dare teams to stop this wagon. I'm more on board with this than Chychrun and I'm all aboard the Chychrun train.

So, yeah, sign me up.
Reports are that San Jose will end up allowing teams to talk.. could be they just haven't gotten to the point where they need to talk. Once San Jose gets the offer they looking for then I'm sure they will allow negotiations

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I can't make that make sense because it is not what I said.

I am saying that Granato's offensive push at the expense of defense will generate more points per game for a player, than the same player would have on a defensive minded team. Since point production is a major part of contract pricing, it sets us up to overpay for the production. That will hurt us in the long term.
I rather win games and get the most out of players. Managing players points due contracts is something you do when you re looking for Bedard. Its a cancerous strategy something straight out of Kruegers mind.

Reactions: Dingo44

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I haven't noticed anything positive about Bryson's game since maybe the first week of the season. He's just a guy. Clague can at least actually win battles along the boards. I dont get why Donny plays him this consistently.

If you're not noticing anything positive, then there's some sort of bias seeping in or you're not watching him play at all.

He's been consistently getting the puck out of the zone, oftentimes with relative ease. He's been making correct decisions when to pinch offensively without hesitation at all.

He and Boosh have formed a rock solid 3rd pairing over the last week or so.

Again -- I'm not saying he can't be replaced or improved upon as long as the price is reasonable.....but his play over the last week has really accentuated how deficient our forwards are at playing defense in our own zone. And if there's going to be marked defensive improvement, it'll come from the forwards committing to playing D properly in our own zone.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I rather win games and get the most out of players. Managing players points due contracts is something you do when you re looking for Bedard. Its a cancerous strategy something straight out of Kruegers mind.

It's something out of the deranged management of guys like Harold Ballard.

WiHockeyGuy

Jan 6, 2017
The Dairy State
If you're not noticing anything positive, then there's some sort of bias seeping in or you're not watching him play at all.

He's been consistently getting the puck out of the zone, oftentimes with relative ease. He's been making correct decisions when to pinch offensively without hesitation at all.

He and Boosh have formed a rock solid 3rd pairing over the last week or so.

Again -- I'm not saying he can't be replaced or improved upon as long as the price is reasonable.....but his play over the last week has really accentuated how deficient our forwards are at playing defense in our own zone. And if there's going to be marked defensive improvement, it'll come from the forwards committing to playing D properly in our own zone.

Bryson has been noticeably good for a little stretch here. Simple, smart plays. Good positioning. Nice little plays in the offensive zone. I dig it. Even Rayzor mentioned it a couple times during the Dallas game, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad