Roster thread: Get To Work (2022-2023 Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
I would like to see this lineup for one game just to see it

Quinn-Tage-Tuch
Asplund-Mitts-Olofsson
Skinner-Cozens-Peterka
Krebs-Girgensons-Okposo

No offense to Hinostroza who in no way deserves to come out of the lineup…but this is about seeing some things I want answers to.

You might be the ONLY person on this board to take Hino out right now. And its ridiculous.

I like the idea of Skinner-Cozens-Peterka. I was about to list something similar, but I was gonna move Hino up to the Thompson-Tuch line.

If you want Quinn in, try him with Mitts-VO, kick Asplund down to the Krebs-Girgs line and Okposo sits for 2-3.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
You might be the ONLY person on this board to take Hino out right now. And its ridiculous.

I like the idea of Skinner-Cozens-Peterka. I was about to list something similar, but I was gonna move Hino up to the Thompson-Tuch line.

If you want Quinn in, try him with Mitts-VO, kick Asplund down to the Krebs-Girgs line and Okposo sits for 2-3.
They're not sitting the Captain

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

I love you calling Hino to sit ridiculous…and then suggest okopso. Which would be way more ridiculous!

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I love you calling Hino to sit ridiculous…and then suggest okopso. Which would be way more ridiculous!
Other than sitting your new Captain (which I get), why?

Okposo has 2 points in 5 games. Hino has 4 in 3. Plus Hino is markedly much, much quicker. He seems to fit into the game plans better.

Note: I'm not saying sit Okposo, I understand the ramifications. I just don't think its necessarily a bad idea simply based on recent play and skillsets.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

I said he hasn’t earned a seat but I care more about the next decade than the next week. Switching Quinn in and out of the 4th line does nothing for Quinn…and it does only half of what it might for Krebs. Bottom line is Hinostroza is not a long term player and I need to evaluate the people that are in roles that fit them.

And I can already tell you what will happen if you move Asplund down again. Mitts, Olofsson and Quinn get caved in and implode. Asplund remains the undefeated misunderstood underrated player in the universe.

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
I said he hasn’t earned a seat but I care more about the next decade than the next week. Switching Quinn in and out of the 4th line does nothing for Quinn…and it does only half of what it might for Krebs. Bottom line is Hinostroza is not a long term player and I need to evaluate the people that are in roles that fit them.

And I can already tell you what will happen if you move Asplund down again. Mitts, Olofsson and Quinn get caved in and implode. Asplund remains the undefeated misunderstood underrated player in the universe.
I'd argue he should be in the next 2-4 year plans. If I'm spending $2m per year for the next 3 years, I'd sign Hino over Girgs or Okposo. That's just me. With the development of JJP and Quinn, as well as this years 1t rounders coming up, with as good as (it seems) Hino has been with the development of Cozens/Krebs, that's the guy I WANT as part of the plans.

Not to mention, I think winning this year is just as important to continue momentum built 2nd half of last year.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Other than sitting your new Captain (which I get), why?

Okposo has 2 points in 5 games. Hino has 4 in 3. Plus Hino is markedly much, much quicker. He seems to fit into the game plans better.

Note: I'm not saying sit Okposo, I understand the ramifications. I just don't think it’s necessarily a bad idea simply based on recent play and skillsets.

What do you mean other than sitting your captain and making him a healthy scratch? That’s the only reason you need!

But I agree. I don’t think either need to be sat right now. But we are not scratching the captain

Last edited:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

I'd also like Quinn on one of the Power Plays in place of Skinner or VO

Reactions: BFLO and Matt Ress

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
The forward lines are all working well. The only "problem" to be solved is how to give Quinn and Krebs enough games.

The answer will come via trade, injury, or rotation, the latter being far preferable.

While the forwards are all healthy, one of Quinn, Krebs, Oly, Skinner, Okposo, Hino, Girgs sits each game. Salt that list to your taste.

Everyone plays regularly, Allows Donato some chemistry experimentation, without totally revamping successful lines. Gives the vets rest on back-to-backs.

Let the kids play!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The forward lines are all working well. The only "problem" to be solved is how to give Quinn and Krebs enough games.

The answer will come via trade, injury, or rotation, the latter being far preferable.

While the forwards are all healthy, one of Quinn, Krebs, Oly, Skinner, Okposo, Hino, Girgs sits each game. Salt that list to your taste.

Everyone plays regularly, Allows Donato some chemistry experimentation. Gives the vets rest on back-to-backs.

Let the kids play!

I highly doubt they sit guys with letters.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I highly doubt they sit guys with letters.
We're talking about sitting once in 7 games (by my list anyway), and only until the inevitable injuries occur. Kyle and Girgs are big boys. They understand the situation.

But you're quite possibly correct. What some rando on HF (me) believes is best and what the team decides is best are entirely different matters.

Regardless, Adams and Granato are undoubtedly grappling with the challenge of fitting Krebs and Quinn into the lineup. Something has to give.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix

Everyone plays regularly, Allows Donato some chemistry experimentation, without totally revamping successful lines. Gives the vets rest on back-to-backs.

Let the kids play!
I could see Donny sitting someone like that when we have B2B games.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Personally I'm not a big fan of fixing things that aren't broken.

I'm also not a fan of fixing things that actually are broken, the reason being that I'm a lazy as f*** son of a bitch but that's another story which I don't have time to explain and it's none of your business anyway, so don't even ask.

Keep Skinner-Thompson-Tuch and Asplund-Mittelstadt-Olofsson together is what I'm trying to say.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
a TON of Sabres talk on the PDOcast that just dropped. I’m half an hour in and it’s been all Sabres talk with love for Tage and Tuch and Peterka and Dahlin (and burying Ralph).

They’re just getting into how to fix their power play and how it doesn’t make sense that their 5 on 5 success is all off the rush and they’re great at it and they don’t even try when it’s easier with one less man to generate offense on the rush on the power play when they should be dominant at it.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
So it's great that they're off to a flying start and all, but a lot of this is on the back of hot shooting and stellar goaltending. If you don't me before the season that Comrie was going to come in and put up Vezina stats, I probably wouldn't believe you. if you told me Anderson was also going to do so I'd probably block you.

8 GSAA is not sustainable. Which I guess is fine, it's a young team, at some point they'll cool down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad