Roster thread: Get To Work (2022-2023 Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
they have gotten western schedule break of no back to backs On any of the3 3 trips.

look at their divisional foes. I think everyone has at least a back to back in their western trips
Irrefutable evidence that Gary actually *loves* the Sabres, and wants them to make the playoffs!

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Saw a bunch of Dahlin-Bryson last night. Wonder if that's a thing Tuesday night?

Can keep Power and Lubby together and then pair Pilut with Fitzy
It makes sense, they looked good in pair last season, both can play on both sides.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Saw a bunch of Dahlin-Bryson last night. Wonder if that's a thing Tuesday night?

Can keep Power and Lubby together and then pair Pilut with Fitzy

They also ran a lot of Dahlin-Lyubushkin too, so who knows?

Clague up is probably just insurance if someone falls ill pre-game. It also quietly helps the Amerks.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
If I had to guess:

Bryson-Dahlin
Power-Lyubushkin
Pilut-Fitz

It will be interesting to see if Granato is willing to roll Power-Dahlin though. My hunch is no to help keep Power sheltered a little bit, but it's certainly a possibility...

Reactions: Fjordy and Jacob582

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
If I had to guess:

Bryson-Dahlin
Power-Lyubushkin
Pilut-Fitz

It will be interesting to see if Granato is willing to roll Power-Dahlin though. My hunch is no to help keep Power sheltered a little bit, but it's certainly a possibility...
Boy is it nice to have some depth at defense. Theyre going to go through their growing pains, but at least there's depth.

Reactions: Zman5778

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
If I had to guess:

Bryson-Dahlin
Power-Lyubushkin
Pilut-Fitz

Power-Dahlin is the kind of thing you might throw on the ice if you need a goal in the 3rd period, but probably only then.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Listening to the Maintenance Day pod this morning and Joe and Lance are discussing the Quinn/Krebs playing/sitting dilemma.

I feel like this is a good problem to have. Those two have nothing left to learn in the AHL. What is so bad about lessening the grind on players in an 82 game season? Quinn is 20 and Krebs is 21. We’ve all seen how much of a positive learning environment we have in the building right now. I get it may be discouraging for them to maybe sit but they haven’t earned their spot(s) in pen yet.

We have too many NHL forwards. Never thought I’d see the day.

Reactions: JLewyB

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
It’s terrible depth. You have good depth when you contemplate trading someone away so they get ice time. We’re not there yet
Maybe they have. What are the pros and cons of trading a 5-8? Another 3-6 round pick? Certainly don't need more forwards or even goalies at this point. Con- losing depth at a position that's infamous for injuries when there's no urgency in contract status or cap implications.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Interesting to hear Duff quote out the guys who haven't been out for a even strength goal against - Asplund outscoring the opponents 6-0 with him on the ice and Jokiharju 4-0 while on the ice. Vic, Quinn, Gus and KO also with mentions. So... yeah. :D

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Maybe they have. What are the pros and cons of trading a 5-8? Another 3-6 round pick? Certainly don't need more forwards or even goalies at this point. Con- losing depth at a position that's infamous for injuries when there's no urgency in contract status or cap implications.

Of our 6-9 dmen, none of them are in a position where they need to be traded to another team so they can play in the NHL. None of them are too good for the AHL.

Like we’re not “why is Fitzgerald scratched?” or whatever. Pilut is probably the only one we have that should be in the NHL, but he went to the AHL because he wasn’t waiver eligible. He probably would have made the team over Fitzgerald if he had to clear.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Of our 6-9 dmen, none of them are in a position where they need to be traded to another team so they can play in the NHL. None of them are too good for the AHL.

Like we’re not “why is Fitzgerald scratched?” or whatever. Pilut is probably the only one we have that should be in the NHL, but he went to the AHL because he wasn’t waiver eligible. He probably would have made the team over Fitzgerald if he had to clear.
I agree completely. Maybe we don't agree on our definition of depth? Either way we have guys that are able to come up and play if need be but are fine in Rochester as well with no pressing need to move anyone. That's a good place to be and I'd call it depth. Really the same position with forwards but a hair of urgency on the horizon.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I would like to see this lineup for one game just to see it

Quinn-Tage-Tuch
Asplund-Mitts-Olofsson
Skinner-Cozens-Peterka
Krebs-Girgensons-Okposo

No offense to Hinostroza who in no way deserves to come out of the lineup…but this is about seeing some things I want answers to.

1. I liked Krebs on that line before he got the seat and want to see if he really has chemistry there. It’s the “4th line” but it’s an important line on this team.

2. Tage and Tuch keep possession when they’re together…I want Quinn there for a minute to see what happens. Skinner isn’t finishing but he’s getting chances…Quinn isn’t getting chances. Let me see what happens.

3. Call me crazy but I think Skinner would work with Cozens and Peterka. It’s a similar dynamic of hard working and skill partners that Tage and Tuch are…just…smaller. But Peterka is a ball of energy and so is Skinner in a different way. And I’m curious if Skinner can get moving with someone other than Tage and Tuch. And since he’s not doing it with them…there’s no better time to find out.

4. I’m not messing with the Mittelstadt line right now because it’s started working for Mittelstadt and I believe Olofsson without Asplund isn’t worth rostering. And I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Mitts started playing the best hockey of his career exactly when Asplund joined the line.

Last edited:

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Queried Anaheim fans about Comtois. Said he was injured and out of shape last season. This season, he's in a checking role. Might be a good candidate to try to acquire to add a power forward to the group.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Queried Anaheim fans about Comtois. Said he was injured and out of shape last season. This season, he's in a checking role. Might be a good candidate to try to acquire to add a power forward to the group.
Why? We have a glut of forwards fighting for spots, why would we spend assets on a guy who stayed out of shape while injured taking up a spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad