Roster thread: Get To Work (2022-2023 Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If Skinner is that productive, I doubt the Sabres will want to move him to a division rival and retain salary to make it happen.

We have a long way to go between now and 24-25 or 25-26 when Toronto might be open to something like that.

Okposo, Girgensons, Olofsson, and Hinostroza not being on the Sabres roster in 24-25 will likely clear out those forward spots for the kids.
I don’t have any issue if Girgs, Hino we’re on the team then as vet presence If they could still play.

I think you do that move when you decide it's buyout time. It might be time this summer.
I though skinner had bonus money due this summer. After that you could buy him out.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I don’t have any issue if Girgs, Hino we’re on the team then as vet presence If they could still play.

I though skinner had bonus money due this summer. After that you could buy him out.
Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Skinner's second and final $7.5M signing bonus payment was this season. So, that will not affect any buyout in the future.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Is it just me or is Cozens like twice as fast as last year? He is explosive...

He's stepping up in the same situation that Dahlin is. He's looked like our version of Bo Horvat. Our glue guy; who has plenty of skill.

Is it time to move Skinner down and try Quinn up top. Quinn cannot be playing on the fourth line. It makes absolutely NO SENSE.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Is it time to move Skinner down and try Quinn up top. Quinn cannot be playing on the fourth line. It makes absolutely NO SENSE.
So...yeah.....Skinner is a 9 MM 13 year vet that has proven himself and earned his place. Zero chance Granato pulls a Krueger on him. Him and Tage have started slow, but you let the vet work thru it, you don't pull him.

I predict Krebs sits one. They might put Quinn with Cozens and JJ and Hino down with Girgs and Okposo.

Olofsson has underwhelmed, but it will take more before he sits. Niether JJ or Hino can be pulled as long as they are producing.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
View attachment 597146

View attachment 597147

Skinner's second and final $7.5M signing bonus payment was this season. So, that will not affect any buyout in the future.

It's hard to buy out a player that has a $6M penalty in any given year, as Skinner does no matter when you buy him out. Nevertheless, I bet he gets bought out when they need that $3M to retain a core player. Perhaps when Quinn and JJP are exiting their ELCs.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
It's hard to buy out a player that has a $6M penalty in any given year, as Skinner does no matter when you buy him out. Nevertheless, I bet he gets bought out when they need that $3M to retain a core player. Perhaps when Quinn and JJP are exiting their ELCs.
I think they ride it out, or figure a way to trade him, like they did with Okposo.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Might be. In any event, it's a solution in search of a problem until they're actually in danger of hitting the cap.
This exactly. Even in a few years you can give Dahlin 10x8 and Power a 3x6 bridge and still have plenty of money left to sign guys like Cozens, Krebs etc. No one outside maybe Dahlin has really earned a huge increase thus far.

If a bunch of players earn big paydays to the point Buffalo is hard against the cap they will still have Savoie, Kulich, Ostlund, Rosen etc on ELC's that they can afford to trade a player. At some I think we're going to see one of Mittelstadt, Cozens, Krebs, or Asplund traded when the other kids are ready unless all the current prospects bust there are just too many unless they start trading prospects.

Tage
Tuch
Quinn
Peterka
Cozens
Krebs
Mittelstadt
Asplund
Savoie
Kulich
Ostlund
Rosen
Skinner

That's 13 guys right there and doesn't even consider guys like Okposo, Gus, Olofsson, or prospects like Kozak, Bloom, Kisakov, Nadeau, Poltapov, Neuchev or many others. Maybe we see one of the top end prospects bust, and the bulk of the mid/late rounders not be good enough, but some will be. Adams may have some tough decisions in the coming years, but it could also be fun to watch.

Reactions: Team Cozens

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Doing a sift for value targets stumbled up Steven Lorentz in SJ. Big guy with really solid possession metrics in essentially defense only deployment. Only makes 1M, would be good insurance in case Krebs/Quinn need to stick in Rochester all year. He also plays center. He's Jim's grandson, some of you probably watched him in Waterloo.

At 26 I can't imagine SJ would really be looking at him as someone to rebuild around. Unfortunately it's a 1 way deal.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Doing a sift for value targets stumbled up Steven Lorentz in SJ. Big guy with really solid possession metrics in essentially defense only deployment. Only makes 1M, would be good insurance in case Krebs/Quinn need to stick in Rochester all year. He also plays center. He's Jim's grandson, some of you probably watched him in Waterloo.

At 26 I can't imagine SJ would really be looking at him as someone to rebuild around. Unfortunately it's a 1 way deal.
Don't we already have a similar player in Sheahan? No idea how their metrics compare.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Wonder how long Boosh/Joker will be out. Pilut plays five games and he loses his waiver exemption, meaning when they are healthy the Sabres will have a decision to make on who to pass through waivers.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
If Quinn comes back in soon, I think Skinner and to a lesser extent Olofsson, have some veteran respect that probably keeps them in for a bit longer. Krebs might be next, but if so I think it's a straight swap of Quinn in for Krebs with Girgensons and Okposo.
Wonder how long Boosh/Joker will be out. Pilut plays five games and he loses his waiver exemption, meaning when they are healthy the Sabres will have a decision to make on who to pass through waivers.
Go 13/8?

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
This exactly. Even in a few years you can give Dahlin 10x8 and Power a 3x6 bridge and still have plenty of money left to sign guys like Cozens, Krebs etc. No one outside maybe Dahlin has really earned a huge increase thus far.

If a bunch of players earn big paydays to the point Buffalo is hard against the cap they will still have Savoie, Kulich, Ostlund, Rosen etc on ELC's that they can afford to trade a player. At some I think we're going to see one of Mittelstadt, Cozens, Krebs, or Asplund traded when the other kids are ready unless all the current prospects bust there are just too many unless they start trading prospects.

Tage
Tuch
Quinn
Peterka
Cozens
Krebs
Mittelstadt
Asplund
Savoie
Kulich
Ostlund
Rosen
Skinner

That's 13 guys right there and doesn't even consider guys like Okposo, Gus, Olofsson, or prospects like Kozak, Bloom, Kisakov, Nadeau, Poltapov, Neuchev or many others. Maybe we see one of the top end prospects bust, and the bulk of the mid/late rounders not be good enough, but some will be. Adams may have some tough decisions in the coming years, but it could also be fun to watch.
Hopefully the forward logjam, which will only get worse (better?), will be partially resolved in acquiring a legit top-4 RHD.

I'd rather trade prospects and picks than established players in their prime, especially given our cornucopia of forward prospects and with the team likely to be playoff bound in 1-2 seasons.

I love how we've gone from "waaaahhhh, this team sucks" to "waaaahhhh, we have too much forward depth" in the space of a year.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Surely Quinn won't be sitting for 3 games in a row. It's gotta be Krebs or Oly coming out, and my preference would be the latter. He hasn't been awful. He's just the odd-man out in the forward game of musical chairs Granato has to play.

I can picture Asplund-Mitts-Quinn working. Digger-Playmaker-Sniper.

Quinn just needs to get over the hump of worrying about making a mistake, and start finding open ice to unleash his lethal shot.

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Pliut is probably going to play enough games to be waiver-eligable. If the D gets healthy, they will either have to try and sneak FItzgerald through waivers, or make a trade. But I'm getting a little ahead of myself and the Sabres D will be banged up all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad