Roster thread: Get To Work (2022-2023 Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
That is a great a mike drop, but honestly you know that they do look at these and use them to inform their decisions.... like putting him in between Girgensons and Okposo on the fourth line.
They probably have their own internal numbers and a version of this is likely among them. But it would be looked at in context. Not as a stand alone stat.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Love the lines.

IMO Krebs best 5v5 hockey (or at least when he looked most involved) was a handful of shifts centering Quinn/Peterka late in the Panthers game. I like that Granato is giving him a chance to build on it.

I thought much of the summer we would start of with a center spine of Tage/Mitts/Cozens/Krebs. Took to game 3 but we got it.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
They probably have their own internal numbers and a version of this is likely among them. But it would be looked at in context. Not as a stand alone stat.
I'm not the one that called out one stat. And I asked, I didn't state. So typical around here, people argue a point that wasn't made.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Hino earned another start with his play last night. It's up to Krebs and Quinn to push him out of the lineup. And Sheahan awaits his turn.

They'll all get minutes this season. Injuries are inevitable.

This is a good thing - the enviable challenge for Granato that comes with finally having decent depth on the roster.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hino continues to work on that line with Cozens and Peterka.

Vic seems like the guy who should come out for Quinn sooner rather than later.

And the debate now is - Pilut or Priskie?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Maybe it's time to try playing Quinn. Someone from Skinner, Olofsson and Krebs can take a break.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
It's early but I'm fine with Thompson-Cozens-Mittelstadt down the middle. Would be nice with a different kind of center for the 4th line but we don't really have that defensive leader yet and might not need one.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013

I'd take out Krebs for two games. Olofsson should be good against weak teams like seattle and vancouver.

Pilut would adjust to Power quickly. He has zero prestige and would take on the role easily.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
But which of them can play on RD? At least we know that Bryson was good at the RD last season.
There's always a lack of rhd in sweden so most guys play both sides. His 38 point season he played mostly the right side in shl.
I can't even renember a rhd from the championship team in 16/17

Reactions: Fjordy

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I wouldn't mind seeing Krebs with Thompson and Tuch, honestly. But then we'd be going through the Jeff Skinner drama again and I think we as an organization want to avoid that.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
We actually have too many talented forwards to fill a lineup who would of thought we could get to this point and there is still a lot in the system.

Reactions: Team Cozens

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville

Boosh could be back but maybe you still call up Pilut as insurance.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I wouldn't mind seeing Krebs with Thompson and Tuch, honestly. But then we'd be going through the Jeff Skinner drama again and I think we as an organization want to avoid that.
I think you do that move when you decide it's buyout time. It might be time this summer.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Don't think buyout is wise for long term cap reasons.

But if it came to a buyout it absolutely won't be next summer. You can absorb the cap hit and make him 13th forward. Which he won't be anyhow.
If I remember correctly we save a lot of cap the coming two seasons, then it's something like 4.5, 3 that we save and after that a 2.4 hit. It's pretty much the same if the buyout comes 23 or 24 so if we wait it might as well be 25 or 26.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If I remember correctly we save a lot of cap the coming two seasons, then it's something like 4.5, 3 that we save and after that a 2.4 hit. It's pretty much the same if the buyout comes 23 or 24 so if we wait it might as well be 25 or 26.
Capture.PNG

That $6.667M cap hit in 26-27 and then carrying $2.67M a year for four years beyond the end of the current contract is not something that would be attractive to Adams.

They are just going to have to ride it out, like they have with the Okposo deal.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY

I was gonna say, with those 2 guys out they're gonna need to call someone up. I wonder if they promised Pilut the first recall if he agreed to sign with them.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
View attachment 597052
That $6.667M cap hit in 26-27 and then carrying $2.67M a year for four years beyond the end of the current contract is not something that would be attractive to Adams.

They are just going to have to ride it out, like they have with the Okposo deal.
Maybe in a couple years if Toronto loses Nylander or Matthews we can send Skinner there with retention. If he remains productive he could be a cost effective option for them while helping Buffalo with the log jam at forward and avoiding the long buyout cap hits.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Maybe in a couple years if Toronto loses Nylander or Matthews we can send Skinner there with retention. If he remains productive he could be a cost effective option for them while helping Buffalo with the log jam at forward and avoiding the long buyout cap hits.
If Skinner is that productive, I doubt the Sabres will want to move him to a division rival and retain salary to make it happen.

We have a long way to go between now and 24-25 or 25-26 when Toronto might be open to something like that.

Okposo, Girgensons, Olofsson, and Hinostroza not being on the Sabres roster in 24-25 will likely clear out those forward spots for the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad