WC: Roster Talk '12 — Sweden

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Gonna root for the Rangers. Doubt Lundqvist or Alfie are going anyway(although something tells me both could actully go). Prefer Karlsson and Silfverberg over Stralman and Hagelin.

Now that Washington's advanced, I think Kruger will be asked to come. I'm probabaly in the minority but I wouldn't mind seeing Sammy either if Florida goes out. I guess he wouldn't go anyway.

Really need some D's to start accepting invitations.. I'd willingly take Larsson at this point.

Just to clarify, Jimmie is out but Jonathan is still in.

Dno why I wrote J.Ericsson :facepalm:

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
So it could be that DANIEL Sedin plays and Henrik not...:huh::propeller

Yes makes little sense. But ok, Daniel has played less games and could go for it for that reason. Henrik has played 7*82 games for Vancouver in a row + the 5 seasons of play-off they have had (638 games not a game missed). I guess he could need a rest a bit more than Daniel in order to defend his Iron Man streak.

EDIT the Expressen source:
http://canucks.nhl.com/
Go to: "Last Day" ->"Daniel"

Last edited:

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Yes makes little sense. But ok, Daniel has played less games and could go for it for that reason. Henrik has played 7*82 games for Vancouver in a row + the 5 seasons of play-off they have had (638 games not a game missed). I guess he could need a rest a bit more than Daniel in order to defend his Iron Man streak.

EDIT the Expressen source:
http://canucks.nhl.com/
Go to: "Last Day" ->"Daniel"

I can understand Daniel here. He should be well rested and fit in that way and he knows it. But he also could potentially get critisim if he would get another concussion while playing for the national team this close in time.

Maybe Tre Kronor could give him an OK to join Sweden in the later stages? (if that is possible).

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
I understand this defense, but I think that Detroit has always left this decision to their players, they are one of the best in terms of this. I raised an eyebrow at Datsyuk playing in this tournament however, seeing as he never seemed to really regain his form after his minor knee surgery in February. I thought he would decline.

The Canucks come out looking bad on this though, I agree with that for sure.

Anybody know if Jarnkrok is going to make this roster? Would like to see him and the World Championship games are a lot easier to get in North America.
How so? The Canucks don't owe anything to anyone. They have every right to protect their assets and even then I'm sure they allowed every healthy player to make their own decision regarding this. With their playoff run last year and playing so much hockey is it really a surprise these guys want some rest? Daniel has a valid reason and I think Edler had an injury as well. It pisses me off to see Hank getting so much disrespect here though after playing for Sweden so many times. God forbid he doesn't want to play after the past year he has had. He's class all the way and I'm sure if they hadn't gone to the finals last year he would have played.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Henrik hasnt played that much for Sweden. Not compared to a lot of other guys. The last few years he have had good reason not to play in the WC of course though.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Hehe, sometimes one wonders.
Perhaps Forsberg and Näslund phoned in from Örnsköldsvik and telling them that if they ever will play in Modo again, etc..

:)

If I was Forsberg I would phone in 50 carpenters and ten construction ingenieurs, equip them with 60 Iphones and let Kronwall have free access to phone conference during non-game time here in Stockholm and Helsinki to finish his new house in Detroit.

PS. Maybe swedish home makeover would be interrested? Anders Timell? Arga Snickaren?

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
How so? The Canucks don't owe anything to anyone. They have every right to protect their assets and even then I'm sure they allowed every healthy player to make their own decision regarding this. With their playoff run last year and playing so much hockey is it really a surprise these guys want some rest? Daniel has a valid reason and I think Edler had an injury as well. It pisses me off to see Hank getting so much disrespect here though after playing for Sweden so many times. God forbid he doesn't want to play after the past year he has had. He's class all the way and I'm sure if they hadn't gone to the finals last year he would have played.

Agree.

In any event, clubs can't stop players from the playing in the WHC if the player is healthy. The CBA requires that teams not in the playoffs or eliminated before the WHC starts permit their players to play in the WHC. Clubs can only refuse if the IIHF or the national team is unable to insure the balance of the player's contract against injury.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
I can understand Daniel here. He should be well rested and fit in that way and he knows it. But he also could potentially get critisim if he would get another concussion while playing for the national team this close in time.

Maybe Tre Kronor could give him an OK to join Sweden in the later stages? (if that is possible).

He can come here 17th of May if I was king.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Hjalmarssons arrival makes me calm about the defense situation. Not sure I want Lundqvist and Hagelin over Karlsson and Silfverberg anymore.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
Did Paajarvi even recieve an invite this year? He's struggled in north american this season but he's always been a good performer on the international level.

Sweden looks pretty deep this year so it's understandable just curious if he was event considered for the team or not.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Hjalmarssons arrival makes me calm about the defense situation. Not sure I want Lundqvist and Hagelin over Karlsson and Silfverberg anymore.

Not worried about the defensive side of the defense. It's huge btw..
Hedman 6'6" 230
Kronwall 6'5" 230
Fernholm 6'5" 225
Ericsson 6'5" 220
Hjalmarsson 6'3" 205
Ekholm 6'3" 200
Frogren 6'2" 220

Karlsson, do you worst tonight.

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
Not worried about the defensive side of the defense. It's huge btw..
Hedman 6'6" 230
Kronwall 6'5" 230
Fernholm 6'5" 225
Ericsson 6'5" 220
Hjalmarsson 6'3" 205
Ekholm 6'3" 200
Frogren 6'2" 200

Karlsson, do you worst tonight.

Thats just ridiculous :amazed:. We just need a really good PP quarterback (Karlsson) and the defense will be good to go.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Did Paajarvi even recieve an invite this year? He's struggled in north american this season but he's always been a good performer on the international level.

Sweden looks pretty deep this year so it's understandable just curious if he was event considered for the team or not.

He's playing in the AHL playoffs..so no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad