WC: Roster Talk '12 — Sweden

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
What? Kronwall might still play.
Someone who hasn’t made up his mind as to whether or not to accept his invitation is defenseman Niklas Kronwall, who is from Stockholm and has a younger brother, Staffan, currently on the national team roster.

“I’m not quite sure yet,” Niklas Kronwall said. “I have some personal stuff that needs to be taken care of, but we’ll play it by ear this week and we’ll see.”

Just in case he decides to go, Kronwall will skate this week at Joe Louis Arena with the other Wings’ players heading to the tournament.

“There are a lot of intriguing things about going home, but my brother is still on the team now, we’ll see if he makes it, so it would be fun to possibly have a chance to play with him,” Kronwall said. “At the same time of the other guys here are going, it would be fun.”
http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=629513&navid=DL|DET|home

Harks

Oct 27, 2010
Malmö
Dear Mr.Gillis **** YOU.

Now I don't want to see Hamhuis, Bieksa, Gragnani, Burrows getting the green light if invited.

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
Daniel Sedin just returned from a concussion. Same reason that Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews & Carey Price aren't playing for Canada.

Edler has a broken finger.

Harks

Oct 27, 2010
Malmö

Edler has a broken finger.

OK, Thanks. That's a good reason. Thought he was 100% and haven't seen any reports of him having this condition anywhere and swedish papers is not mentioning it. Just says managment won't release him.

Daniel has a good reason too. His sister on the other hand :sarcasm:. PÃ¥hlsson is honest as is Kronwall. No hard feelings.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Right now our top 6 would be:
Landeskog-Zetterberg-Franzen
Eriksson-Jarnkrok-Stalberg

Not bad.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Now this is how you decline a WC;

http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/nhl/motstandarna-ber-lidstrom-fortsatta/

Du tackade nej till VM, var det ett enkelt beslut att fatta?

- Ja, jag hade inte den rätta motivationen och då ska man inte ställa upp. VM är en sån bra turnering att du måste spela på topp för att lyckas.

See, THAT I can respect.

Yes if the organisation is holding you back then the players get the blame, but declining because you don't care (not motivated) that is thumbs up. I guess Lidström is busy planning to give something back to Västerås - just once, ever.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Right now our top 6 would be:
Landeskog-Zetterberg-Franzen
Eriksson-Jarnkrok-Stalberg

Not bad.

Bottom 6

Omark - Persson - Andersson
Larsson - Lundqvist - Pettersson

Defence

S.Kronwall - Hedman
Ekholm - Ericsson
Frogren - Brodin

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Yes if the organisation is holding you back then the players get the blame, but declining because you don't care (not motivated) that is thumbs up. I guess Lidström is busy planning to give something back to Västerås - just once, ever.

All I want is the truth. Not some spinless comment about how "my team won't let me go!". Just the truth.

What is Henrik Sedin's offical injury?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
All I want is the truth. Not some spinless comment about how "my team won't let me go!". Just the truth.

What is Henrik Sedin's offical injury?

"Advised not to go". But that's what every NHL club tells their star players.

At the end of the day, the player has the final decision unless he requires surgery/injury rest time. Ever heard of a Russian player stopped to go by their NHL team? Henrik, Kronwall, Lidstrom all choosed not to go.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
"Advised not to go". But that's what every NHL club tells their star players.

At the end of the day, the player has the final decision unless he requires surgery/injury rest time. Ever heard of a Russian player stopped to go by their NHL team? Henrik, Kronwall, Lidstrom all choosed not to go.

Exactly. And that's why I think he's spineless. Lidström, on the other hand, just told the truth. That he's not motivated enough. It's that simple, really.

winther88

Apr 13, 2010
Trollhättan
Douglas Murray will give us his descision this evening. He is considering playing even if he has had problems with a lot of injuries this year, including the playoffs. A true warrior that is honoured every time he gets asked no play for the national team and even thinks about playing with some minor injuries.

Kudos to guys like Zetterberg, Franzén, Loui, Murray and Ericsson for almost always answering the call and show their true dedication to swedish hockey. Same with Kronwall that also always plays if he doesn't have a good reason to why he can't. Same thing with Erik Karlsson, Lundqvist, Gunnarsson and a lot of other players.

It seems like all of our younger NHL'ers also feel proud to answer the call and represent the national team and therefore our future looks bright. Marcus Johansson has already said that he is coming if Capitals loses tonight and I just hope that Bäckström feels the same way.

I can understand why Daniel is not playing but I must say that I thought more of Henrik. If he really is injured, than tell us what type of injury it is. And don't give us all that crap that you would love to come next year because we all know that you will decline if you are available.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Daniel's absence means all the more room for Landeskog. I have a feeling he's our MVP this tournament.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Douglas Murray will give us his descision this evening. He is considering playing even if he has had problems with a lot of injuries this year, including the playoffs. A true warrior that is honoured every time he gets asked no play for the national team and even thinks about playing with some minor injuries.

Kudos to guys like Zetterberg, Franzén, Loui, Murray and Ericsson for almost always answering the call and show their true dedication to swedish hockey. Same with Kronwall that also always plays if he doesn't have a good reason to why he can't. Same thing with Erik Karlsson, Lundqvist, Gunnarsson and a lot of other players.

It seems like all of our younger NHL'ers also feel proud to answer the call and represent the national team and therefore our future looks bright. Marcus Johansson has already said that he is coming if Capitals loses tonight and I just hope that Bäckström feels the same way.

I can understand why Daniel is not playing but I must say that I thought more of Henrik. If he really is injured, than tell us what type of injury it is. And don't give us all that crap that you would love to come next year because we all know that you will decline if you are available.

Henrik said before this season that he'd love to play for Team Sweden in the WC on hometurf if Vancouver went out early. Spineless.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Henrik said before this season that he'd love to play for Team Sweden in the WC on hometurf if Vancouver went out early. Spineless.

Sure, as you got the truth - I mean the real truth. Somehow you come across as a bandwagon "fan" of him. Blasting him all you can and never cared for a single Vancouver game, at least not by proof around these boards. So as you really don't care much for him you could just tone it down and get along here.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Vancouver will not have many players in the tournament for any national team. I think this thread is more healthy if posters skip this Canada vs Sweden bullcrap.

If you did follow Vancouver you would get more of an idea. The team really didn't take off during the season and it got no higher gear when play-off come. And that is not because of the material being to weak, which is proven and don't have to be argued. There are many explanations to this low gear performance for Vancouver this season (still winning the regular season somehow), but they have played a lot of hockey the last +1 year. The organisation isn't really keen on letting them lose for another tourney, that's it. Better to have rested players next season, something they clearly didn't have thesis one. Sure they could ignore what is being said, but with the team's performance in retrospect it would be mutiny to do so.

winther88

Apr 13, 2010
Trollhättan
If you did follow Vancouver you would get more of an idea. The team really didn't take off during the season and it got no higher gear when play-off come. And that is not because of the material being to weak, which is proven and don't have to be argued. There are many explanations to this low gear performance for Vancouver this season (still winning the regular season somehow), but they have played a lot of hockey the last +1 year. The organisation isn't really keen on letting them lose for another tourney, that's it. Better to have rested players next season, something they clearly didn't have thesis one. Sure they could ignore what is being said, but with the team's performance in retrospect it would be mutiny to do so.

If you actually knew who I am you would know that I have seen a lot of the games that Canucks has played this season. I work as an NHL writer and it would be pretty strange if I had that job without seeing a lot of the teams.

I know that they had a long season last year but I just can't understand why they would stop a healthy player from playing for another two weeks. I can assure you that Detroit won't go out earlier than expected next season only because their players are playing a couple of games in the WC.

And they are not consistent either. They let Jannik Hansen play for Denmark and that is another reason why I can't understand why they would stop Henrik. I would love to hear what type of injury Henrik has and if he indeed doesn't have one, I can't blame anyone, including myself, for being a bit pissed off that he didn't answer the call as the most of our other stars.

Last edited:

leksig

Sep 22, 2008
Sweden
Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If you actually knew who I am you would now that I have seen a lot of the games that Canucks has played this season. I work as an NHL writer and it would be pretty strange if I had that job without seeing a lot of the teams.

I know that they had a long season last year but I just can't understand why they would stop a healthy player from playing for another two weeks. I can assure you that Detroit won't go out earlier than expected next season only because their players are playing a couple of games in the WC.

And they are not consistent either. They let Jannik Hansen play for Denmark and that is another reason why I can't understand why they would stop Henrik. I would love to hear what type of injury Henrik has and if he indeed doesn't have one, I can't blame anyone, including myself, for being a bit pissed off that he didn't answer the call as the most of our other stars.

I understand this defense, but I think that Detroit has always left this decision to their players, they are one of the best in terms of this. I raised an eyebrow at Datsyuk playing in this tournament however, seeing as he never seemed to really regain his form after his minor knee surgery in February. I thought he would decline.

The Canucks come out looking bad on this though, I agree with that for sure.

Anybody know if Jarnkrok is going to make this roster? Would like to see him and the World Championship games are a lot easier to get in North America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad