Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Aho is garbage....he's a 7th Dmen at best. Bolduc, although raw, has way more potential then him. Let's give the bigger defenseman a change to adopt to the NHL. Does anyone remember Pelech is first time up with the big club.
Aho really needs to go, but the dude is an analytical darling. Isles really need to get bigger defensemen either way. Putting that smurf out on the ice just means they get destroyed.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
Oh shit - sorry. I meant AHL. LOL (fixed it now).

We're splitting hairs here now. #7 dman - I agree. But that means with an injury, he becomes #6, like now. And his last few games have been good.
The problem is our GM thought going into the season with Aho/ Bolduc as the 6/7 was a good idea. The 7th dman always play 45+ games due to injury. A better GM would have had them as 7/8 going into the season

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
We’ve seen 150+ games of Aho getting ragdolled all over the ice, but we’re going to assume he’s turned a corner because he strung 5 ok performances together in January? Pass. He doesn’t get minutes on a contender.
Aho is a depth guy but a good one to have since he can play both sides which is valuable.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

Hmm. Don't think this is to make room for someone off IR so.....

Didn't someone post something saying Pulock could be coming back sooner than we thought? Also Cizikas and Bortuzzo on IR.

Or, maybe Roy went to the BP game the other night and saw someone he liked.

FWIW, I'm getting the vibe that Roy likes guys who are comfortable with the puck on their stick. Gauthier does not fall in that category.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Didn't someone post something saying Pulock could be coming back sooner than we thought? Also Cizikas and Bortuzzo on IR.

Or, maybe Roy went to the BP game the other night and saw someone he liked.

FWIW, I'm getting the vibe that Roy likes guys who are comfortable with the puck on their stick. Gauthier does not fall in that category.
It’s fun to speculate as far as trades but most likely someone is coming off IR like Cizikas or Pulock. He probably goes unclaimed but he’s super cheap to have around perhaps someone claims him like Hawks who need bodies.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
Not a fan of waiving Gauthier. I guess we need guys like Martin and Engvall lol
Gauthier is fine as a number 13 forward. He shows flashes once in awhile but he is pretty invisible for the most part. If we lose him good luck if he sticks around that is not a bad thing either.

I don’t think Lou would ever waive Martin, he think he would find a way to IR him to save embarrassment for Martin.

Engvall is terrible send him far far away

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Not a fan of waiving Gauthier. I guess we need guys like Martin and Engvall lol

They're not waiving Matt Martin, c'mon now. No, he probably shouldn't be in the line-up every night anymore, but they're not going to unceremoniously dump the new Mr. Islanders like that. As for Engvall, well I think we both know that no team is taking on that contract in year 1 so why bother.

I was pretty sure that Gauthier was part of the Martin/Clutter replacement plan for next year because they gave him a 2 year deal when they didn't really have to. I guess they don't like what they've seen out of them.

Reactions: The Real JT

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Seems weird to me waiving Gauthier would be related to czikas Bert or Pulock. Have any of them even started skating? Definitely not with the team. You would think they would be practicing before being activated given the length of time they have been out. They also only have 22 guys on the roster. 21 now with Gauthier on waivers. So there was room to bring in one player in a trade. Maybe they think they can get him through easier during all star weekend? Feels like something else is coming…we only know what Lou is letting us know right now.

Reactions: impaaaaaact

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
It’s fun to speculate as far as trades but most likely someone is coming off IR like Cizikas or Pulock. He probably goes unclaimed but he’s super cheap to have around perhaps someone claims him like Hawks who need bodies.
Would be surprised if the Hawks don't grab him. Former first rounder still youngish and has one superpower that plays in any league. Always did want to see him in a role with Barzal and Horvat causing havoc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad