Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I would move Clutterbuck, Martin, Bortuzzo, Aho, and at least one of Nelson/JGP. This is only if we are out of it obviously.

Guys-

Lou ain't trading any players for just picks on his own accord (even if we are out of it). Just not happening. If he does then you know that he's under a mandate from someone above him and his time is the organization is probably coming to a close in the near future.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Atlanta
Guys-

Lou ain't trading any players for just picks on his own accord (even if we are out of it). Just not happening. If he does then you know that he's under a mandate from someone above him and his time is the organization is probably coming to a close in the near future.
This is 100% made up.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Guys-

You are correct Lou is not trading draft picks but it is not for some mandate - It’s because of LOU’s mandate.

You are dreaming if you think Lou is on his way out. He will retire when he decides.

Reactions: Glorydays22

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
You are correct Lou is not trading draft picks but it is not for some mandate - It’s because of LOU’s mandate.

You are dreaming if you think Lou is on his way out. He will retire when he decides.

Just to be clear...You seriously believe that Malkin (with/without Collins' input) would NEVER fire Lou - Even if he was 95 and the team didn't make the playoffs for 5+ years in a row (and that was affecting ticket sales/finances)?

We just watched legends Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll get forced out at younger ages and after more recent success than Lou's had.

I think you are the one hitting the snooze bar on Lou's "invincibility."

Lou doesn't own the team so he doesn't make the biggest decisions of all. So despite public perception that he's a god and 4 billion memes of him as the "Godfather," he doesn't have ultimate say in his employment...And time eventually catches up with every single human being.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Just to be clear...You seriously believe that Malkin (with/without Collins' input) would NEVER fire Lou - Even if he was 95 and the team didn't make the playoffs for 5+ years in a row (and that was affecting ticket sales/finances)?

We just watched legends Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll get forced out at younger ages and after more recent success than Lou's had.

I think you are the one hitting the snooze bar on Lou's "invincibility."

Lou doesn't own the team so he doesn't make the biggest decisions of all. So despite public perception that he's a god and 4 billion memes of him as the "Godfather," he doesn't have ultimate say in his employment...And time eventually catches up with every single human being.
You are reaching.
He is not 95 and you are projecting 5 years down the road without playoffs to win an argument?

None of those things are the case - the simple explanation is always what is in front of you - Lou's contract is not released because he doesn't want that info released, and the team since Lou took over has been the most competitive it has been since the 1993 run. Not to mention he just made a killer move in hiring Roy. If the team doesn't make the playoffs I do not believe Lou is fired - the owners will double down on Lou, who will make some needed changes to the roster with Roy as Head coach. If that doesn't get results, then we can talk.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Why hasn't iskhakov gotten a chance yet? He's easily the best scorer in Bridgeport. Is he not a viable threat at the nhl level?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
One has nothing to do with the other

Ruzicka is not playing over a healthy Engval

Yep, I really like Ruzicka. I've even mentioned him as far back as two seasons ago when I thought he just wouldn't have a window on a Sutter-coached team.

That said, I see no room here now and I just don't know who Lou would be able to "throw away" to be able to pick up a player like that.

Speaking of Engvall, any word on what his timeline is?

I didn't even know he was injured.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Yep, I really like Ruzicka. I've even mentioned him as far back as two seasons ago when I thought he just wouldn't have a window on a Sutter-coached team.

That said, I see no room here now and I just don't know who Lou would be able to "throw away" to be able to pick up a player like that.

Speaking of Engvall, any word on what his timeline is?

I didn't even know he was injured.
He might play tonight, he practiced yesterday I think

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Why hasn't iskhakov gotten a chance yet? He's easily the best scorer in Bridgeport. Is he not a viable threat at the nhl level?

Size and role, most likely.

He needs to be up here in a top 6 capacity.

Dunno if Nelson and Palms can "physically" carry a guy like Iskhakov on their line, but if Engvall is out for a while, they may just have to try it.

What's clear though is that as long as MacLean is up to fill in for Cizikas, there's no more room for a forward call-up. They still have Wahlstrom sitting in the stands, as is.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
None of those things are the case - the simple explanation is always what is in front of you - Lou's contract is not released because he doesn't want that info released, and the team since Lou took over has been the most competitive it has been since the 1993 run. Not to mention he just made a killer move in hiring Roy. If the team doesn't make the playoffs I do not believe Lou is fired - the owners will double down on Lou, who will make some needed changes to the roster with Roy as Head coach. If that doesn't get results, then we can talk.
at the same time, he's old. why keep him around even longer when you can get a younger face to keep the team in stability?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
You are reaching.
He is not 95 and you are projecting 5 years down the road without playoffs to win an argument?

That funny, because I think if you look at "what's in front of you," there are questions if hiring Roy was solely Lou's move since it very unlike him to hire someone this fiery who also will question the front office moves (as he did in Colorado). We'll never know for sure, but if at some point in the future (probably after Lou is gone) it came out that Malkin/Collins wanted Roy here I wouldn't be surprised at all.

And actually the team has been the "most competitive it's been since 1993" when Trotz was here. Now that he's gone this team is a fringe playoff team that is honestly not much better than when snow was here.

yet there is this "Lou is god and can do no wrong" cult out there when the fact that this team is average right now and has little in the way of cap space/moves to make to get to elite in the short term...And those facts is right in front of all fans to see.

Reactions: Top Corner

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Basically this. Being the best scorer (13-20-33) on the worst team in the AHL, he doesn't impact the game very much. He's too small to get open. If that isn't happening in the AHL, I don't see him getting a chance up here.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Atlanta
That funny, because I think if you look at "what's in front of you," there are questions if hiring Roy was solely Lou's move since it very unlike him to hire someone this fiery who also will question the front office moves (as he did in Colorado).
Only if you're thinking in a very narrow way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad