Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Well I also think hiring Roy is new territory. This might be Lou's last few months of his career so anything and everything is on the table.

No chance he keeps the 2024 1st and if there's no better deal out there he may *settle* for someone like Henrique.
This is Lou Lamoriello, not Mike Milbury. ;)

Seriously, I'd be surprised if he did anything impulsive. And I'm guessing his mindset is that if he gets canned from the Isles he'll go get a job elsewhere, so the "last few months of his career" thing might be N/A.

Reactions: SI

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Correct, but I think his age would make him more of a rental. Based on Lou's history here, if he does trade the 1st I think we see it for someone with term or that he can extend for several years.

Whereas you're definitely right about Henrique being older than the others were, if Lou loves his self-drafted Henrique as much as some think he does, I wouldn't put it past him in the least to acquire him and then re-sign him to a 2-year deal at a "team-friendly" price of say 2.3 MM per.

The guy is currently earning 5.825 MM right now.

I mean, whoa!

This said, I mean, Anaheim isn't really in need of even more 1st rounders right now. They've got so many prospects in the cupboard, they're not even gonna be able to sign half of them. Several of them are looking like needle-moving highend forwards and Dmen.

No doubt though, they would seem to have little reason to hold onto Henrique at the deadline.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Whereas you're definitely right about Henrique being older than the others were, if Lou loves his self-drafted Henrique as much as some think he does, I wouldn't put it past him in the least to acquire him and then re-sign him to a 2-year deal at a "team-friendly" price of say 2.3 MM per.

The guy is currently earning 5.825 MM right now.

I mean, whoa!
That's a possibility, but trading a 1st for 2+ seasons would be different for Lou. Anyone else on ANA available for an expanded deal?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
That's a possibility, but trading a 1st for 2+ seasons would be different for Lou. Anyone else on ANA available for an expanded deal?

Well, in my initial post on the subject, I mentioned widening such a deal to include several of the gobs of prospects Anaheim has. Colangelo and Hinds were the ones I named. Both look like fairly solid prospects who could easily get lost in the numbers game there.

Colangelo is still in the NCAA.

Hinds is in his rookie season in the AHL and it's been a quiet one after a prolific junior career, particularly at the tail end.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
This is Lou Lamoriello, not Mike Milbury. ;)

Seriously, I'd be surprised if he did anything impulsive. And I'm guessing his mindset is that if he gets canned from the Isles he'll go get a job elsewhere, so the "last few months of his career" thing might be N/A.

No doubt Lou is not Milbury...That said Lou still does tend to overpay in pretty much every deal he does.

Takes two to tango and there's so many teams right now in contention for a playoff spot that there could be much fewer teams selling. Thus is could be a seller's market and prices could go up for limited supply.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Hoenstly Pulock is pretty average at the end of the day. I remember when we drafted him he was supposed to be our PP QB for a decade plus, but despite having what could be a top 10 shot he can't use it effectively. He's become a solid defensive defenseman, but honestly not special enough and defeintely replaceable.

Probably is I just don't see who would take that contract which doesn't end until 2030 (not that I see Lou trading him anyway).

I don’t disagree. Offensively he isn’t nearly as good as he was projected. Defensively he much better. Pulock and Pelech looked like a very good top pairing for a while, I still think both of them are held in high regard around the league. Maybe I’m off there. Tough to really gauge the value of them.

When Pulock does come back I hope to see him with Pelech, playing predominantly a shutdown role. Give Dobson and Romanov the top pairing minutes.

Reactions: Potvottier and MJF

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don’t disagree. Offensively he isn’t nearly as good as he was projected. Defensively he much better. Pulock and Pelech looked like a very good top pairing for a while, I still think both of them are held in high regard around the league. Maybe I’m off there. Tough to really gauge the value of them.

When Pulock does come back I hope to see him with Pelech, playing predominantly a shutdown role. Give Dobson and Romanov the top pairing minutes.

Romanov Dobson
Pelech Pulock
Reilly Mayfield

That's what I'd do if everyone was healthy.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
For me Kavasha and Engvail aren’t comparable the reason being that we traded a HOF goaltender for him and Parish and therefore he carries a higher expectation that he never lived up to. Parrish was a serviceable forward. What did Engvail cost a 3rd round pick? Granted I think the extension was a bit too generous, but that’s Lou’s MO. He gives us an element we’re sorely lacking speed. He can skate the puck out of danger and cause turnovers on the forecheck. He’s not a goal scorer but he pots a few here and there.
Olli Jokinen says hold my beer

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
Roy says he wants to play more puck possession game, at what point does he talk to Lou about Mayfield? He’s horrid in that aspect. He’s got to drive Roy crazy.
Does Roy want to play Bolduc more?
After Pulock comes back would Lou let Roy sit Mayfield?

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I wonder if something involving Pulock would entice Buffalo. They get a veteran top 4 right shot defenseman with tons of playoff experience that is locked up long term.

We have Dobson blossoming into a top 10 defenseman l, who commands 25 minutes a night. Losing Pulock would hurt, but I think we could manage.
Pulock has a NTC - it’s unlikely he is traded

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Wrong player on Anaheim - Vatrano is the Duck that fits in line with Lou. He is signed for another season at 3.65. he is 29 and fits the character.

Vatrano would bump Palmieri or Engvall down to play with JGP and Holmstrom.

2024 1st for Vatrano as a baseline.

All this Lou is doomed shit and on his last legs are absolutely ridiculous- he ain’t going anywhere and frankly this Henrique thing is pretty comical - it is such a negative and superficial take.

I would pitch 2024 1st, Wahlstrom, + for Varrano (with some retention to make the $ work)

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Roy says he wants to play more puck possession game, at what point does he talk to Lou about Mayfield? He’s horrid in that aspect. He’s got to drive Roy crazy.
Does Roy want to play Bolduc more?
After Pulock comes back would Lou let Roy sit Mayfield?
Mayfield is a better d-man when Pulock and Pelech are in the lineup. He’s a player that once he asked to do too much, he gets exposed.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
I thought MacLean was pretty invisible in his first two games, but then was absolutely hummin' last night. Would love to see him get an extended look.
Invisible is what you hope for from a 24 year old undrafted fourth liner in his first couple of games. Means he's not making mistakes and handling his business. But yeah last night was certainly encouraging. If they trust him and know they're getting Cizikas back soonish, I wonder how expendable that might make Pageau

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Doubt we make any major moves if they're out of it. Isles need to focus on trimming the fat by 2024-25. Engvall is back, so that's good to hear.

Invisible is what you hope for from a 24 year old undrafted fourth liner in his first couple of games. Means he's not making mistakes and handling his business. But yeah last night was certainly encouraging. If they trust him and know they're getting Cizikas back soonish, I wonder how expendable that might make Pageau
Might make Pageau more expendable if MacLean starts to score some more goals, just saying.

But the isles should start to consider Pageau the one to trade. if they wanna get decent value, lets see where they're at. In the offseason, i'd definitely trade his contract with the cap going up. Problem is that they really need to get wingers on the 3rd, maybe even 4th line.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Doubt we make any major moves if they're out of it. Isles need to focus on trimming the fat by 2024-25. Engvall is back, so that's good to hear.

Might make Pageau more expendable if MacLean starts to score some more goals, just saying.

But the isles should start to consider Pageau the one to trade. if they wanna get decent value, lets see where they're at. In the offseason, i'd definitely trade his contract with the cap going up. Problem is that they really need to get wingers on the 3rd, maybe even 4th line.

Still some time before the deadline, if they are out of it by the deadline I think Lou needs to deal anyone and everyone he can (not named Dobson, Horvat, Barzal, Romanov, or Sorokin).

Reactions: Osakahaus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Still some time before the deadline, if they are out of it by the deadline I think Lou needs to deal anyone and everyone he can (not named Dobson, Horvat, Barzal, Romanov, or Sorokin).
Probably means seeing if cal clutterbuck has worth to some playoff teams

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Put a claim in on Ruzicka. Bring some young skill to the 2nd line, albeit inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad