Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
It was the best thing that could've happened at that time. And let's not pretend that it wasn't a great few years with Lou at the helm in the first half of his tenure. But nothing lasts forever. I'm not even necessarily saying he's got to go at this very moment, but it's something ownership may have to consider if he doesn't realize that something needs to change with this roster, and more immediately behind the bench.
I honestly thought that when Lou was hired, he was bringing Mark Hunter over as GM. The first few years, even though it was a different time and situation with covid, were certainly more appealing than what we had seen over the last decade+ but that was Trotz and why I have given Lou credit. We’ve been in neutral for a few years and with the contracts given out , the maneuverability has disappeared . We could be in “Bear” market for another decade

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Why are you so concerned about what other fans think? It is a common narrative with you.

Because if more fans saw the way things are, as opposed to hanging on to false hope, then there's a greater chance Malkin/Ledecky would hear that and (necessary) change would happen (and happen sooner).

And if you're the type who thinks, "Owners never listen to fans. Your voice doesn't matter. They will do what they want regardless." Then let me share with you a story that happened in the sporting world from literally just this week...

Sporting Kansas City renege on director hire over fan backlash

You should read the entire article, but really the point is summed up in just the first sentence...

"Sporting Kansas City has terminated the contract of sporting director Gavin Wilkinson just over a week after his appointment following significant fan backlash."

And this is just one example of many over the years in sports where fans expressed themselves and owners made changes as a result. Does it always work? Of course not, but it certainly will never work if you don't do something different that just continuing to support a team that is being mismanaged/miscoached and going nowhere.

If you don't think if a significant portion of Isles fans got so upset with the direction of the team and as a result attendance dropped 20% (or more) for the foreseeable future and Malkin didn't consider making changes as a result, then not sure what else to say that would satisfy the your questions of why I am the way I am.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
At this point firing Lane at least gives you the chance to see if this is a coaching issue or personnel issue. Is Lou not firing Lane because he does not want to truly see if this season is a personnel issue?

Precisely. I would find it hard to believe that Lou is afraid to come to the realization that the greater issue is with the roster. But if that were indeed the case, then Lou would definitely need to be removed.

Reactions: periferal

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Because if more fans saw the way things are, as opposed to hanging on to false hope, then there's a greater chance Malkin/Ledecky would hear that and (necessary) change would happen (and happen sooner).

And if you're the type who thinks, "Owners never listen to fans. Your voice doesn't matter. They will do what they want regardless." Then let me share with you a story that happened in the sporting world from literally just this week...

Sporting Kansas City renege on director hire over fan backlash

You should read the entire article, but really the point is summed up in just the first sentence...

"Sporting Kansas City has terminated the contract of sporting director Gavin Wilkinson just over a week after his appointment following significant fan backlash."

And this is just one example of many over the years in sports where fans expressed themselves and owners made changes as a result. Does it always work? Of course not, but it certainly will never work if you don't do something different that just continuing to support a team that is being mismanaged/miscoached and going nowhere.

If you don't think if a significant portion of Isles fans got so upset with the direction of the team and as a result attendance dropped 20% (or more) for the foreseeable future and Malkin didn't consider making changes as a result, then not sure what else to say that would satisfy the your questions of why I am the way I am.
You can’t seriously be comparing MLS in Kansas City to the NHL in New York.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
Lou was not going to fire him during a road trip. If Lane survives today sitting in 7th place in the division after 45 games than I can not see him being fired this year

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

“Newsday reported during the offseason Lamoriello, 81, received a contract extension. But it’s also believed ownership would consider moving on from Lamoriello if the team does not make the playoffs this season.”

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

“Newsday reported during the offseason Lamoriello, 81, received a contract extension. But it’s also believed ownership would consider moving on from Lamoriello if the team does not make the playoffs this season.”
So Roy may only be here for half a season?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
You can’t seriously be comparing MLS in Kansas City to the NHL in New York.

I'm not. You are...And in the process completely missing the point. Not sure if it's because you have an ax to grind with my posts or you just don't get it, but this one's on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad