Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Are the preseason optimists still optimistic?

Will all of them actually admit they were...Or even identify themselves at all...?

Reactions: Top Corner

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

Will all of them actually admit they were...Or even identify themselves at all...?
Well, considering SEA, PIt, LA, EDM, NYI, and DET all have gone on extended win and loss streaks, seems like it’s the norm of the season. And you know what? All of those teams are in or within 3 points of a playoff spot with 40 games to go.

SI

Feb 16, 2013

I will identify myself.

It is difficult to see the hope and optimism after these last 2 games. There are 40 games left, which is why I hope Lou makes the change soon with the Head coach.

There is some good in this disjointed half season - Dobson, Barzal, Horvat, Romanov, and Holmstrom.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I don't disagree, but I'm honestly having some difficulty understanding that Lambert is still here. Lou can't like what he's seeing, especially the disorganized play, defensive lapses and lost leads. He hasn't been shy about moving on what he felt a coach wasn't getting the job done, so I'm really just looking for a reason.
Great post DC- I too am searching for a reason why it hasn’t happened - even the walk off the ice reflects back to the bumbles and disorganization this staff may be riddled with- I wonder what a new coach brings in.

I still believe in this roster - not the staff

Reactions: Lek

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Regarding firing Lambert. At least now, as opposed to earlier in the year there are some more interesting options… Evason, Berube maybe?

Reactions: Osakahaus

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Well, considering SEA, PIt, LA, EDM, NYI, and DET all have gone on extended win and loss streaks, seems like it’s the norm of the season. And you know what? All of those teams are in or within 3 points of a playoff spot with 40 games to go.

You're amazing dude. Once again....You just can't stop talking about other teams to help water down the issues with the Isles...And now you're ever contradicting yourself chalking that failed "Yzerplan" of a mess in Detroit up to your standard "win and loss streaks" that happen throughout the season.

Would be simply jaw-dropping if you made a few posts ONLY discussing the Isles issues and not referencing any other team.

Reactions: ekill08x

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I will identify myself.

It is difficult to see the hope and optimism after these last 2 games. There are 40 games left, which is why I hope Lou makes the change soon with the Head coach.

There is some good in this disjointed half season - Dobson, Barzal, Horvat, Romanov, and Holmstrom.

Respect the reply SI.

My thing is that if you look at this entire team/organization through a micro or macro lens I don't see how they could be close to a Cup for years. To me that's the bottom line, so while there may be some improvements in individuals players' or on the PP as a whole, it doesn't get us anywhere near a championship and why I was, and am, so disappointed with the direction of the team.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I will identify myself.

I share your sentiments exactly. It's time for Lane to go, but if they manage to win tonight and again in Chicago, he's not going anywhere. I think as long as they stay within striking distance of a playoff spot, Lane will be the coach.

Reactions: Throttle

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
You're amazing dude. Once again....You just can't stop talking about other teams to help water down the issues with the Isles...And now you're ever contradicting yourself chalking that failed "Yzerplan" of a mess in Detroit up to your standard "win and loss streaks" that happen throughout the season.

Would be simply jaw-dropping if you made a few posts ONLY discussing the Isles issues and not referencing any other team.
Yeah, you missed that one. Can’t help you there.

Here’s an Isles topic for you, at some point, in all your fire Lou and Lambert diatribe, you gonna put out there whom you would like to succeed these two?

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I will identify myself.

Good take. I agree with your optimism on the first four players.

I don’t disagree completely with Holmstrom but I’d leave him off that list. He’s had decent incremental improvement but he still looks like a bottom six player to me. With his progression this year and his youth, there’s room to grow. We can only hope because there’s not an awful lot on the farm that’s NHL ready.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

I don't think I'm wrong, I like a lot of the roster, I wasn't a huge fan of Lane. I liked that he made a coaching adjustment last season that helped the team make the playoffs but overall I don't like him and this year has been awful so.. if no change is made I'd be pissed but I think he's gone. But as far as the roster goes, we should make playoffs with a new coach.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
An in season coach like Berube isn’t signing on w/o a 3-4 year deal attached.

Although, if you look around the league and into the summer, the Isles gig would be a plum job. Doubtful there’s a lot of options this summer due to the coach turnover in the past two years.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
What other team are we snickering about today? The Sabres? The Sens? Not many left?

Imagine disparaging another team's GM for making roster moves or firing a coach. Whether it was to give a team a jolt or save his own ass, being proactive is part of a general manager's job.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
What other team are we snickering about today? The Sabres? The Sens? Not many left?

Imagine disparaging another team's GM for making roster moves or firing a coach. Whether it was to give a team a jolt or save his own ass, being proactive is part of a general manager's job.
Where's Mike Milbury when you need him.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
An in season coach like Berube isn’t signing on w/o a 3-4 year deal attached.

Although, if you look around the league and into the summer, the Isles gig would be a plum job. Doubtful there’s a lot of options this summer due to the coach turnover in the past two years.
Why would the Isles gig be a plum job?

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
I honestly thought Lambert would've been gone by xmas but yet he is still here cause he put together a few wins but the problem is still here. The system stinks worse than a bum on the A train.

Reactions: periferal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad