Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
There is a discussion on the mainboard about this player - Chmelevski. Should Isles pursue him?
Isles brought over Jim Paliafito from Toronto, he was their lead Russian scout and helped secure deals with several players who were NHLers. He's certainly worth a shot as a skill player, potentially could bump out guys like Fasching, Wahlstrom, Gauthier.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Sorokin may not have looked the world beater of the past two years, but he is also facing more shots than any goalie in the league. That is bound to result in more goals against. He is not superhuman.
thank you for saying the honest thing

Isles brought over Jim Paliafito from Toronto, he was their lead Russian scout and helped secure deals with several players who were NHLers. He's certainly worth a shot as a skill player, potentially could bump out guys like Fasching, Wahlstrom, Gauthier.
better than more trash like Wahlstrom or Martin. Couldn't hurt to get this dude at all. he is bottom 6 depth after all.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
The amount of points lost this year because Lambert is the coach is enough to make you think that Lou isn't doing a good enough job....

at least twelve points dropped. Games lost to the Sharks, Devils, Red Wings, Predators, etc. Enough is enough. You ever wonder if this team ever did good if they hired DeBoer or Montgomery? Because I wish they did. Why the hell did they think Lambert was fine because a small sample size with the covid roster isn't it. Should've learned from a division rival with Todd Reirden.

Reactions: periferal

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Uh-oh, the big bad red wings are coming!

It’s game 40+, the Wings will be in lotto land before 70.

Wake us when you finally stop talking about other teams and actually focus on the problems with your (supposed) favorite one.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Wake us when you finally stop talking about other teams and actually focus on the problems with your (supposed) favorite one.
‘Other’ teams? Oh, apologies, I don’t see the fear in the Yzerplan when someone posts it. It’s working great! Do you mind sharing how well it’s going?

Where do you suspect the Isles will be?
High probability in the playoffs.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

What I'd say about this is that Chmelevski (a native of California) is an offensive player. He's all about scoring.

Any coming over from the KHL will likely have to do with a scoring role.

Speaking of Wahlstrom, something tells me that Minnesota would be a pretty good dance partner for a trade. He fits there financially and would conceivably be given a very good shot at getting some sustained action.

They have several decent prospects and 20 picks over the next 3 drafts.

Of course, this thought may also be in conjunction with finding a spot for Parise down the stretch.

Reactions: Osakahaus

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Scrolled back a few pages, have been out of town as well so not super in tune, what's the prognosis with Varly?

I'm not saying Sorokin is the problem, but feels like it wouldn't hurt to spell him once in a while, and I highly doubt they think Appleby can do that. I'm guessing Varly isn't supposed to be season ending, otherwise I would imagine they'd have to think about grabbing someone.

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
High probability in the playoffs.
I’ll take that bet ! Anyway you shake it, the team with Horvat last year just made it. A full year with the same roster requires everything to line up perfectly and that’s just to make playoffs. Some could argue that the coach has done well just to have them in this position but at the end of the day, this is a slower, older group led by an old GM that unfortunately won’t see this team reach what some thought was a Cup contender during the Covid years. Things need to be reshaped and soon

Last edited:

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Teams with a negative goal differential usually don’t do well in the playoffs. If they make the playoffs.
Last season, the top 8 teams in goal differential in each conference were the only teams to make the playoffs. No exceptions.

We are currently tied for 11th in goal differential within our conference.

It’s a simple metric and there are rare exceptions in some years but it doesn’t reflect well on our performance thus far.

Last edited:
Reactions: saintunspecified

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Lane doesn’t doesn’t do in game adjustments

They deserved a day off after leaving the bench like cowards
He’s too busy trying to jumpstart a dead battery with a Mac truck while not realizing the battery is Sahara desert dry. Gotta Iove his decision making by scratching Gauthier. Watch him do it again today.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Teams with a negative goal differential usually don’t do well in the playoffs. If they make the playoffs.

True, but it’s also game 40 something. 40 to go.

IMG_2181.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad