Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
IMG_2154.jpeg

Looks like January may well make or break the Isles season.

Rough schedule upcoming. Good thing we’re starting to get guys back from the injury list.

I’m still hoping for the best but hoping even more that Lou doesn’t do anything stupid.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
View attachment 793841

Rough schedule upcoming. Good thing we’re starting to get guys back from the injury list.

I’m still hoping for the best but hoping even more that Lou doesn’t do anything stupid.
I’m kinda hopin Matt martin can find the press box.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
View attachment 793841

They're gonna find a way to beat the Knights, Avalanche and Stars, but lose to Chicago or Montreal

This team is inconsistently consistent. i'd also like to stress that if they do well, and the Blues start being crap, go full steam after Buchnevich.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
This is so Pelech can be activated I think, this probably happens when they come back home as he gets the trip and practices to get himself up to speed. It will be interesting to see what the roster move is to get him activated. I’m leaning towards they want the eight defense so Wahlstrom either gets waived or traded for a late round pick.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
This is so Pelech can be activated I think, this probably happens when they come back home as he gets the trip and practices to get himself up to speed. It will be interesting to see what the roster move is to get him activated. I’m leaning towards they want the eight defense so Wahlstrom either gets waived or traded for a late round pick.
Pelech should be back in ASAP over Aho

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Im going to assume that Pelech will be activated this month. Huge if he's back this quickly

SI

Feb 16, 2013
They're gonna find a way to beat the Knights, Avalanche and Stars, but lose to Chicago or Montreal

This team is inconsistently consistent. i'd also like to stress that if they do well, and the Blues start being crap, go full steam after Buchnevich.
Great player and would be a great fit, but How are they going to get Buch and his 5.8 cap hit to fit?

I don’t expect Pulock and Pelech will be on LTIR for the entire regular season.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Great player and would be a great fit, but How are they going to get Buch and his 5.8 cap hit to fit?

I don’t expect Pulock and Pelech will be on LTIR for the entire regular season.
What if they find a way to trade Lee? Could it work? or is his NTC stuck with him until further notice?

SI

Feb 16, 2013
What if they find a way to trade Lee? Could it work? or is his NTC stuck with him until further notice?
Lee is not going anywhere - no one is taking that contract and Lou values him more than we do.

Palmieri would have to go the other way or a 3rd team would have to get involved for retention - and a lot of it, because the 3rd team would have to retain for next season as well.

IF by the TDL - Pulock is still out, then Isles could be cheeky and keep Pulock on LTIR until the post season that would free up 6.15 of cap and Lou could add Buch.

In the off-season, Palmieri then can be moved for a pick and Lou can fill that RW3 with a cheaper player

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
In the off-season, Palmieri then can be moved for a pick and Lou can fill that RW3 with a cheaper player
Palmieri is still very important. I think you'd HOPE Maggio or Dufour take that role but neither are even close to being ready now

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
No kidding??? 😱
Now, let's see if one can actually ANSWER the question!

If Aho is benched, like the point I responded to, with Pulock on the IR . . . who plays the right side? Bolduc or Reilly? Or do we keep playing Aho?

SI

Feb 16, 2013
If Parise is going to be back - we should be hearing in the next couple of weeks, which undoubtly lead to a Wahlstrom trade.

Wahlstrom for a 2024 pick would be my guess - I would not expect anything more than a 3rd round. Might seem high to some but draft pedigree - has a small cap hit and team control since he will be an RFA.

Palmieri is still very important. I think you'd HOPE Maggio or Dufour take that role but neither are even close to being ready now
The team cannot fit both Buch and Palmieri. JGP is more important as a 3C than Palms. Buch knocks him off PP1 and top 6, so at 1 year left - he’d be easier to move and then Isles can fill that role with a cheaper player.

If not, then keep it the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad