Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Lambert isn't getting fired until the end of 2024 IMO. This entire staff is in need of seeing more out of the PK, and thats our death knell as of now.

We add Horvat to our PP - It gets better.

We take away 3 defensemen from our PK - It gets worse.

I still think Lane is in over his head and we should imrpove that "position," but no question the defense position needs to be improved. Some of that will happen whenever Mayfield, Pulock, and Pelech come back, but it needs to be improved even further.

Now as for blown leads...To me that's on the coach and one of the top reasons why Lane needs to be replaced.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I agree, Lane needs to go. I just can't fathom firing a coach that is vying for the 2nd spot in the division. Now, if they start to slide, well, that changes things.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
The team is scoring and the PP has been awesome but the PK has been dreadful outside of Holmstrom-Pageau connection... Mayfield, Pelech, and Pulock need to return - Romanov and Dobson have been great... I think Parise signs after the holidays and it will solidify the 3rd line. I think we will see Lou stand pat this year... keep the picks and see where this coaching staff and roster takes you. Changes or adds to the roster are going to happen in the offseason.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
The team is scoring and the PP has been awesome but the PK has been dreadful outside of Holmstrom-Pageau connection... Mayfield, Pelech, and Pulock need to return - Romanov and Dobson have been great... I think Parise signs after the holidays and it will solidify the 3rd line. I think we will see Lou stand pat this year... keep the picks and see where this coaching staff and roster takes you. Changes or adds to the roster are going to happen in the offseason.
Not only does the org need the draft picks but the roster is largely set, depth is there.

Cap wise we can’t really make a move anyway. I’d be happy standing Pat.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island

I would be shocked if Lou doesn’t go all in again. He does it every year. I don’t see this year being any different. Still a lot of time between now and the deadline.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I would be shocked if Lou doesn’t go all in again. He does it every year. I don’t see this year being any different. Still a lot of time between now and the deadline.
Other years though we had injuries to replace (Greene and Palmieri) or a needed upgrade that had cap go out (Horvat and Beau). First for Pageau was also an org need as we had no center prospects down the line in the future and needed a guy that year.

This year I don’t see it. There’s no immediate need, no injury and no future need that we can fit a guy. If we traded for Hanafin, for example, to fit him we need to trade Palms or Pageau cap wise for this year and next and that opens up another hole.

Reactions: PWJunior

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Other years though we had injuries to replace (Greene and Palmieri) or a needed upgrade that had cap go out (Horvat and Beau). First for Pageau was also an org need as we had no center prospects down the line in the future and needed a guy that year.

This year I don’t see it. There’s no immediate need, no injury and no future need that we can fit a guy. If we traded for Hanafin, for example, to fit him we need to trade Palms or Pageau cap wise for this year and next and that opens up another hole.

You are right about that, but I think Lou will find a way to get a Lindholm or a Hanifin if at all possible. Right now this team is strong, add another top of the roster guy and this team can be a force. Cap space will certainly be an issue, but a lot can happen between now and the deadline.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Lou will look to a veteran D man again. Think Parise comes back.

Assuming Pelech, Pulock, and Mayfield all return healthy... Reilly should slot in nicely as the #6 and replace Aho. Bolduc and Bortuzzo as the #7 and #8. Trade or waive Aho. Bolduc is getting valuable experience now that should pay off later, but he goes back to understudy for the playoffs. I think our defense is set.

I can definitely see Parise back, that seems like another one of those worst kept secrets type of thing. Other than that, we just need health and I think we do some damage.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
You are right about that, but I think Lou will find a way to get a Lindholm or a Hanifin if at all possible. Right now this team is strong, add another top of the roster guy and this team can be a force. Cap space will certainly be an issue, but a lot can happen between now and the deadline.
I wouldn’t hate it, just know Lou hates rentals so I’m curious how it would work next year. It’ll be interesting. But the prospect page is so quiet I really wouldn’t mind having a first round draft pick this year

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Assuming Pelech, Pulock, and Mayfield all return healthy... Reilly should slot in nicely as the #6 and replace Aho. Bolduc and Bortuzzo as the #7 and #8. Trade or waive Aho. Bolduc is getting valuable experience now that should pay off later, but he goes back to understudy for the playoffs. I think our defense is set.

I can definitely see Parise back, that seems like another one of those worst kept secrets type of thing. Other than that, we just need health and I think we do some damage.
thinking or perhaps have blinders on, but I think Sorokin gets white-hot down the stretch and if we stay healthy we have another punchers chance to make a run with an actual PP that can produce something

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I wouldn’t hate it, just know Lou hates rentals so I’m curious how it would work next year. It’ll be interesting. But the prospect page is so quiet I really wouldn’t mind having a first round draft pick this year

Think of @Chapin Landvogt

Our draft material is suffering because he has nothing to brief us on.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
If Lou finds something that he thinks will make the team better he will do it, it’s really as simple as that. Not having many obvious holes on the roster doesn’t rule out making an upgrade somewhere.

If Lou pulls off a deal for Hanifin without losing anyone important (please include Aho in any potential deal), you won't hear any negative shit from me.

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
If they go big then its gonna screw the long term future also. I think Lamoriello likes this roster, and rightfully so.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
If Lou pulls off a deal for Hanifin without losing anyone important (please include Aho in any potential deal), you won't hear any negative shit from me.
I don't see it unless they move a D making money.

NYI needs a LW. And they'll need one even if Parise wants to play.

(For all of the usual reasons, Henrique is most obvious target: swiss army knife, Lou pick, impending UFA.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Osakahaus

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
That's how I see it also, at this stage of his career I'm sure he's thinking that there's a missing piece to the puzzle.

Reactions: WangMustGo

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Lou will look to a veteran D man again. Think Parise comes back.
Someone like Erik Johnson in BUF is ripe for a veteran depth trade deadline acquisition.

Craig Berube. It won't happen now but that's the hire.
100% in favor of Chief.

I would do Q as well, but after ‘don’t look at my cellphone gate,’ that’s set back him as an option. No need to mess with $1.6B valuation over all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad