Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Attachments

• IMG_2149.jpeg
    IMG_2149.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 4

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I don’t think there will be any significant adds to this roster - due to the cap- any add would have to be for a rental, a young player on an ELC or an RFA without arbitration. the strong play by Dobson and Reilly has possibly moved the roster attention to a F and instead trying to spend assets for someone like Vatrano or Henrique or whoever - Parise might just be the right person to add. Moving Wahlstrom for a young F like Berggren , from DET, could be a move Lou can make instead of losing Wahlstrom to waivers

Lee Horvat Barzal
Engvall Nelson Palmieri
Parise Pageau Holmstrom
Gauthier Cizikas C Buck

One Pelech and Pulock return Reilly only needs to play 16-17 minutes and man the 2nd PP any move for Hanifin would mean shipping out Romanov or Pelech to make the cap work.

keeping the picks might allow Lou and scouting to draft some players

Reactions: duster19

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
8. Not sure yet what it means for an NHL return, but Zach Parise’s been skating pretty hard in Minnesota. I assume, when ready, it will be the Islanders.

Welcome addition in my opinion but we're running out of room roster wise. When fully healthy we'll have 9 NHL dmen in Aho, Reilly, Bolduc, Bortuzzo, Mayfield, Pelech, Pulock, Dobson and Romanov and up front right now we have Wally sitting and Martin on IR.

Do we trade Wally for a pick and just insert Parise?

Reactions: NYI365 and SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
8. Not sure yet what it means for an NHL return, but Zach Parise’s been skating pretty hard in Minnesota. I assume, when ready, it will be the Islanders.

Welcome addition in my opinion but we're running out of room roster wise. When fully healthy we'll have 9 NHL dmen in Aho, Reilly, Bolduc, Bortuzzo, Mayfield, Pelech, Pulock, Dobson and Romanov and up front right now we have Wally sitting and Martin on IR.

Do we trade Wally for a pick and just insert Parise?
Love Parise would take him back in a heart beat but who does he bump? It’s gotta be between Fasching and Gauthier and both are playing well on their roles.

Here’s the tweet.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Sign him right at the deadline, send someone down with a paper transaction, then there are no roster limits so they can recall whoever that was right away.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Lou's Master Plan. He's gonna use what precious assets we have to shore up/upgrade the D and sign Parise as a free Black Ace.

My dream world post TDL:

Lee-Horvat-Barzal
Engvall-Nelson-Palmieri
Parise-Pageau-Holmstrom
Fasching-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Rotate Gauthier/Martin as needed. Wahlstrom gone in trade. Stash MM on LTIR if needed idc.

Hanifin-Dobson
Pelech-Pulock
Romanov-Mayfield

Reilly
Bortuzzo

Sorokin
Varly

Cap/roster limits be damned make it all work Lou!

Last edited:

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
First time reading his “work”?
dude isn't exactly a world class novelist but his content output is unprecedented for us. Like a few new things every day. I'm happy to have his constant output alongside some more thought through articles from Staple and Gross here and there

Lou's Master Plan. He's gonna use what precious assets we have to shore up/upgrade the D and sign Parise as a free Black Ace.

My dream world post TDL:

Lee-Horvat-Barzal
Engvall-Nelson-Palmieri
Parise-Pageau-Holmstrom
Fasching-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Rotate Gauthier/Martin as needed. Wahlstrom gone in trade. Stash MM on LTIR if needed idc.

Hanifin-Dobson
Pelech-Pulock
Romanov-Mayfield

Reilly
Bortuzzo

Sorokin
Varly

Cap/roster limits be damned make it all work Lou!
I feel like Parise plays on the fourth line right? I feel like Gauthier has really helped open things up and there's really no way to fake having that kind of speed in the lineup

Reactions: Suffolkbull3

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Happy with his consistent content vs Staple or Kurz Athletic every other week but yeah the kid can be a lot.

Remember after the umpteenth blown lead the Isles had a scheduled day off already but he put it out worded in a way that it was 'news' so people expected Lambert to be canned and he put it back on the readers that it wasn't his fault they read into it. That pissed me off

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Happy with his consistent content vs Staple or Kurz Athletic every other week but yeah the kid can be a lot.

Remember after the umpteenth blown lead the Isles had a scheduled day off already but he put it out worded in a way that it was 'news' so people expected Lambert to be canned and he put it back on the readers that it wasn't his fault they read into it. That pissed me off

Which writer did this? Kurz?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Parise is up to about 240lbs now and spends most of the day in a bathrobe.
I generally don't like to call out posters when they're so clearly wrong, but it looks like Parise is no longer eating hunks of mozzarella like an apple:

• Haha
Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I generally don't like to call out posters when they're so clearly wrong, but it looks like Parise is no longer eating hunks of mozzarella like an apple:

I like how the ‘expert’ that’s quoted has no insight, yet baselessly speculates about what type of teams may have interest, makes it sound like Parise is angling himself to a certain type of team.

Reactions: doublechili

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I like how the ‘expert’ that’s quoted has no insight, yet baselessly speculates about what type of teams may have interest, makes it sound like Parise is angling himself to a certain type of team.
True. And the way the league is going this year, it would have been humorous for the writer to list the teams that are legit contenders for the Cup. If my life depended on it, I probably wouldn't be comfortable with less than 20 teams on that list. Maybe more. :laugh:

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
If Isles are in a solid playoff spot by the deadline. Would you…

NYI: Pageau, Wahlstrom

ANA: Henrique

Personally, I prefer Pageau over Henrique. But he is solid replacement for Pageau this season while opening up cap space for next season.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Personally, I prefer Pageau over Henrique. But he is solid replacement for Pageau this season while opening up cap space for next season.
There wouldn’t be a reason to at that point if we are solid in a playoff spot.. You make that deal if we are teetering on missing the playoffs. If that is the situation it’s likely Pageau never found his game this season.

Reactions: CupHolders

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
I am not advocating for or against Parise. At least he can score empty net goals. That has to be good for like 4-6 points for this team.

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site

From what I can see this year , the Isles need a few more parts and adding another of the “SAME” type of player is probably not the right direction. With only a high pick and Average prospects, the one move to me is getting Hanifin ! That may mean needing to move a Pageau type salary/player but with great goaltending and a healthy defense with a Hanifin, it would make us as close to a contender as we are going to get with good younger D and a committee of decent forwards

Reactions: CupHolders

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

I read the Ducks board a bit back when we played them and Henrique is shot. I do believe that whenever a contender adds a vet they do reignite their motivation like Zajac did for us but that’s a downgrade outside of cap flexibility beyond this year

Two things however, JG has picked up his game and I think Whally just gets moved for a mid round pick at this point and we use his roster spot for Parise

Reactions: CupHolders and MJF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad