Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Kuzmenko-Horvat-Barzal
Engvall-Nelson-Palmieri
Lee-Pageau-Holmstrom
Gauthier/Fasching-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Flip/Flop Lee/Kuzmenko as needed

Gauthier/Fasching
Martin

Send Wahlstrom+First++ to VAN

Profit

Reactions: MarsTBOW

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
I think if Palmieri goes down they’d move Fasching or Gauthier there and play Martin on the ID line

He shot 27% last year. To put that into perspective, if Barzal was shooting 27% right now he would lead the league in goals

Yes, we cannot expect 27% every year lol.
However he is a much better solution long term on the 1st line than what we have (Lee).

Reactions: YearlyLottery

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Kuzmenko-Horvat-Barzal
Engvall-Nelson-Palmieri
Lee-Pageau-Holmstrom
Gauthier/Fasching-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Flip/Flop Lee/Kuzmenko as needed

Gauthier/Fasching
Martin

Send Wahlstrom+First++ to VAN

Profit
With what cap? Even with double retention I don't think it works.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Yes, we cannot expect 27% every year lol.
However he is a much better solution long term on the 1st line than what we have (Lee).
I think Lee was absolute dogshit to start the year and seemed like a genuine buyout candidate… I think he’s been pretty good over the last five or 6 games. I also think Gauthier has been really good and he’s on what amounts to an entry level deal for this year and next. The best possible thing for our forward group would be for those two guys to work out because Lee’s contract is immovable and we have no pipeline to help support the bloated contracts of all the vets

Honestly we’ve been scoring a good amount of goals for a while now. It’s really the defense that needs work, and I don’t think it’s a personnel issue.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Some Talk bantering I read about Andrei Kuzmenko.
A 39-goal scorer from last season, the Canucks are reportedly taking calls on 27-year-old Andrei Kuzmenko. While the Canucks have been among the league's best teams this season after a disappointing 2022-23, Kuzmenko's contributions and ice time have been minimal. With only four goals this season, Kuzmenko, a perennial first-line winger, only played 10:36 against the Carolina Hurricanes Saturday night, a season low, and has been a healthy scratch twice already this season.

Sounds like He has fallen out of favor in Vancouver.
He had good chemistry with Horvat there especially on the PP.
Not sure we have the assets to get him though...
Kuzmenko is the wrong winger to target from Vancouver. If it’s anyone, go for that Brock guy they have with 18 goals on the year. Put him with Bowie and Mathew.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
I was wondering if Kuzmenko had unlocked talent and if coming to the Island would maybe tap into that if he is comfortable with other Russian players and Horvat. If we got him for the right price, might it be worth it? I do not think Brock Boeser will be someone we can get here. Vancouver's price will be sky High.

Reactions: impaaaaaact

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I was wondering if Kuzmenko had unlocked talent and if coming to the Island would maybe tap into that if he is comfortable with other Russian players and Horvat. If we got him for the right price, might it be worth it? I do not think Brock Boeser will be someone we can get here. Vancouver's price will be sky High.
Lou also is known fan of Russian players, we have prominent Russian players here so thst certainly can help Kuzmenko fit in if that’s guy isles want. Kuzmenko was also teammate of Sorokin in KHL.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
We're trading for Wilson and Kravtsov too?!
1702435438092.gif

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Kuzmenko is the wrong winger to target from Vancouver. If it’s anyone, go for that Brock guy they have with 18 goals on the year. Put him with Bowie and Mathew.
And why would Vancouver want to trade Boeser? It’s not like they are rebuilding, he’s 26 years old and performing while under contract through the end of next season.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I’m not even sure if Kuzmenko makes sense, his cap his is 5.5M per through next season and he only has 4 goals in 25 games.

Gauthier is making 32.5K over the 750K league minimum through next season and has 2 goals and 5 points through 10 games, while being bigger, faster, and more cost-controlled than Kuzmenko.

If they are going to make an add, I’m looking at a Lawson Crouse type. The Islanders don’t have the pieces to get him (and I can’t see why Arizona would want to trade him other than them “being Arizona”). He’s just an example of the type of player that makes more sense right now because he’s an offensive upgrade on Gauthier while not sacrificing the size/speed/shot that Gauthier also has.

Also Lee is clicking so well with Barz & Bo right now that it makes more sense to get a high end third liner that can slot into the top six if needed.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
And why would Vancouver want to trade Boeser? It’s not like they are rebuilding, he’s 26 years old and performing while under contract through the end of next season.
Kuzmenko isn’t worth touching for this team. Boeser has shown he can score and Kuzmenko is a 27 year old who’s not proving his previous season is a standard scoring pace. I wouldn’t move Pulock unless the return was a substantially better fit for the roster and that’s almost impossible.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I’m not too familiar with Kuzmenko, but I read that his game is described similarly to Palmieri or Lee.

I’m not against net front no-nonsense players who try to score goals. But I do feel this lineup could use more line drivers.

Of course if you can also move one of Palmieri and Lee while bringing in their younger replacement… sure why not? But that’s likely not happening.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I think the only deal out there is Wahlstrom for someone elses young player that makes under 1 mil that needs a change of scenery , preferably waiver exempt .

or , does someone desperately need a 3 C that makes 5 mil with term / and is Pageau on said teams 16 team list

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
How are we going to sign Parise!!!???
Pretty easily actually; the Islanders waive Wahlstrom.

Then Bones and Bailey make the trip out to St. Paul in the ‘96 Roadmaster Station Wagon. They hash out their differences during the drive and pick up Parise to drive him back to Belmont.

Bones betrays Bailey on the way back and leaves him at a Circle K in Columbus. The following week Bailey appears at Blue Jackets practice on a one year deal and scores a hat trick on Long Island when the Islanders host the BJ’s on Bones’ Isles HF meetup night.

The ultimate F.U.

Last edited:

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Pretty easily actually; the Islanders waive Wahlstrom.

Then Bones and Bailey make the trip out to St. Paul in the ‘96 Roadmaster Station Wagon. They hash out their differences during the drive and pick up Parise to drive him back to Belmont.

Bones betrays Bailey on the way back and leaves him at a Circle K in Columbus. The following week Bailey appears at Blue Jackets practice on a one year deal and scores a hat trick on Long Island when the Islanders host the BJ’s on Bones’ Isles HF meetup night.

The ultimate F.U.

Lee
Engvall
Holmstrom
Fasching

Parise only gets signed to replace Fasching. Don't be surprised if he signs with NJ or the Rags instead.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Lee
Engvall
Holmstrom
Fasching

Parise only gets signed to replace Fasching. Don't be surprised if he signs with NJ or the Rags instead.
Well both Holmstrom and Fasching can also play RW.

What if Clutterbuck gets hurt and/or Gauthier tapers off as an everyday player. All of the sudden you have one to two RW positions open that those two can fill and Parise would look a hell of a lot better on 3LW/4LW than Martin or someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad