Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

Status
Not open for further replies.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Tampa got swept the year they set the record for most points in a season. Shit happens. FWIW I think we might have a better shot at stealing a series from the bruins simply due to possibility of Sorokin making one or two games completely un-winnable for them

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
While this is true, Sorokin will need to have 45+ saves per game AND the Isles will have to put up some offense. Would be an extremely difficult task to beat the B's.
Precisely. I’m not interested in the Emile Francis line of you never know, a hot goalie and some good bounces. I’d like to look at the matchup and believe we can go toe to toe with our opponent.

Against the Bruins I think we’d be lucky if we lost in 6 games.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
95% sure Lou is pretty much done, unless a PMD falls into his lap in the final hours of the deadline, much cheaper than expected.

Given who starts at the back end of the D, I'd take any legit NHL defenseman - PMD or not.

Fully expecting him to resign Mayfield and Varly to ensure the same team comes back being mediocre next year and beyond.

Sadly...Lou's pattern should all lead us to expect exactly this.

Reactions: SayItAintSoJohnny

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
do feel the Isles pull out the 7th seed and play the Canes. I think the Devs are going to steam roll the next 18 games and take the division. We have a punchers chance no doubt as the #1 WC spot Win a round and who knows what happens with injuries and bloated or deflated confidence

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
This isn't the same team- at all- defensively. They haven't shown they can play that way with this coach for an extended period this season.
I will say this recent stretch of games is the first time this seasonLambert changed us to playing a 1-3-1 scheme in the D zone and it’s working. He had to give up on trying to wring out extra offense at the expense of defense. We just don’t have the finishers for it.

Reactions: 12Dog

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
That’s a shame. I love the hockey season. I love everything about the game, whether my favorite team makes the playoffs or not.
I love the game too. I am a hockey fan first and an Islander fan second. If the Islanders are mired in last place, I find myself tuning more into other games. I certainly don't plan my Saturdays around an Islander-Sabres game in February (like I will tomorrow :)) if they are not in the hunt.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

Uncle Lou

Jun 20, 2010
New York
Vrana a good risky pickup for a team, not us however. That was never happening without salary going back the other way. Don’t have the luxury of taking on 5.5mill for another year on Vrana hoping it works out. Glad we passed, money can be better spent elsewhere.

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Vrana a good risky pickup for a team, not us however. That was never happening without salary going back the other way. Don’t have the luxury of taking on 5.5mill for another year on Vrana hoping it works out. Glad we passed, money can be better spent elsewhere.
Well Detroit retained 50%...so it was quite doable unless Detroit didn't want to move him in the east.

Reactions: Uncle Lou

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Idiotic statement.

What it does mean though is another team other than the Islanders has almost a 67% chance of making it in.

And, it also means IF we make it in, it is a 92% chance we will in fact be the #8 seed and playing those Bruins...
I know what it means, Eeyore. The next post you make that doesn't smell like shit will be your first.

Tootles.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
The smart thing to do is selling, which means Lou will not be doing it. I've no hope he does the right thing actually.

Wait a minute though, we are currently in a playoff spot and treading good water with a few key injuries.

I understand the idea to sell the UFA's because the prospect pool is poor, but why is selling the only "smart" approach here?

Reactions: nyisles and mm11

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Wait a minute though, we are currently in a playoff spot and treading good water with a few key injuries.

I understand the idea to sell the UFA's because the prospect pool is poor, but why is selling the only "smart" approach here?
He will be selling....selling the idea to Mayfield Varly and Parise that working for less money and being happy is worth staying for when he announces all 3 will remain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad