Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

Status
Not open for further replies.

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Penguins win their 4th straight and leap frog us for the 7th spot. A point over us now and still 3 games in hand.

Sabres of course took a beatting from the Bruins while Florida lost a close one to Nashville. Ottawa, however also won their 4th in a row and now leap frogged us with the odds makers.

We are now at barely 1/3 (33.5%) of making the playofffs and only 7.9% from getting back the 7th seed and avoiding a first round match up with Boston....

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
Penguins win their 4th straight and leap frog us for the 7th spot. A point over us now and still 3 games in hand.

Sabres of course took a beatting from the Bruins while Florida lost a close one to Nashville. Ottawa, however also won their 4th in a row and now leap frogged us with the odds makers.

We are now at barely 1/3 (33.5%) of making the playofffs and only 7.9% from getting back the 7th seed and avoiding a first round match up with Boston....
which is why we really should be moving varly and mafield

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
I'm not concerned with the rest of the NHL, only the Islanders, and I think we'd have a huge problem against the Bruins in a 7 game series.
Our goalie can steal any series… let’s hope he can steal that one if we get there.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I just want to get in, not because I think there will be a massive upset. As a fan, it's just fun to root for success and to appreciate, especially after all that went on last season, a playoff berth would be an achievement. I'd rather get in and get my ass kicked then watch someone else from the sidelines because I wasn't good enough to make it
For me a season is barely worth watching if there is no chance of making the playoffs.

Edit: Specifically the Islanders season is barely worth watching if they have no chance. I love hockey. I live in Minnesota so am pretty much immersed in it. Youth hockey, high school, college, the Wild. So much more out there than a meaningless Islander game during a losing season. I will also add that as sad as it is when t he Isles aren't in the playoffs, I find that I am able to enjoy the overall playoffs more when that happens. Love watching the first rounds and flipping through the channels, focusing on the best games. So much good hockey. Of course then I log onto HF and see the inevitable post on the main board "Are these the most boring playoffs ever?" lol

Last edited by a moderator:

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
While this is true, Sorokin will need to have 45+ saves per game AND the Isles will have to put up some offense. Would be an extremely difficult task to beat the B's.
Agreed. But this is why they play the games and if you have a top goalie who is locked in, I like our chances better than many other teams is all. Def not saying it’s easy, but believe it’s possible.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005

Ok Eeyore. Ottawa is at 36%. BUF at 21%. FLA 13%. WAS 6%. Guess they will all miss the playoffs and just give the Bruins a bye in the first round.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Agreed. But this is why they play the games and if you have a top goalie who is locked in, I like our chances better than many other teams is all. Def not saying it’s easy, but believe it’s possible.
Completely agree. Similar to that series against Tampa, we absolutely had a shot to win. But it did seem that we'd be hanging on for dear life for much of the series.

We had to bend but don't break and take advantage of the slim offensive opportunities.

Reactions: JKP

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Ok Eeyore. Ottawa is at 36%. BUF at 21%. FLA 13%. WAS 6%. Guess they will all miss the playoffs and just give the Bruins a bye in the first round.
Idiotic statement.

What it does mean though is another team other than the Islanders has almost a 67% chance of making it in.

And, it also means IF we make it in, it is a 92% chance we will in fact be the #8 seed and playing those Bruins...

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Completely agree. Similar to that series against Tampa, we absolutely had a shot to win. But it did seem that we'd be hanging on for dear life for much of the series.

We had to bend but don't break and take advantage of the slim offensive opportunities.
This isn't the same team- at all- defensively. They haven't shown they can play that way with this coach for an extended period this season.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
Idiotic statement.

What it does mean though is another team other than the Islanders has almost a 67% chance of making it in.
Success is not solely dependent on who we play against. What truly matters is our ability to play the game to the best of our abilities, regardless of the hand we are dealt. It's about seizing every opportunity to win and demonstrating our skill and determination through every move we make.

• Love
Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
How erect will you be if they don't make the playoffs? Think about all the quality posts you'll be able to make!
Actually it will be equally depressing if they dont make it in, especially if we trade for more rentals and lose either Mayfield or Varly for nothing. Even more so if we lose our 1st round pick in a loaded coming up Draft

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad