Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Keller would be dream pickup but we don’t have those assets, best we could do is Holmstrom, Wahlstro, Bolduc and whichever 1st 24 or 25 that doesn’t end up being traded. We could absorb the cap hit but just dont think we have the assets.
Keller's salary actually goes down next season to "only" $6M. After next season a NTC kicks in and his salary goes back up and increases to $8.7M at the end. So AZ doesn't have a huge incentive to trade Keller now, but next year maybe they would. Schmaltz on the other hand they have incentive to deal before July 1st.

BTW, Crouse's contract is pretty level over its lifetime and there is no trade protection.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I'm not super familiar with him, what do you like about his game?
I know this wasn’t meant for me but I will answer what I have seen reported about him…

Formerly a center, but better suited for the wing. Fast skater, great offensive instincts. Strongest part of his game is his transition ability, especially controlled zone entry.

Not very big or physical, has had injury problems.

With Barzal and recently Engvall, would give the Isles another forward considered primarily a competent puck transporter. That’s an ability I personally covet in players. At least having a half a dozen good ones.

Because of injuries and not having been tested in much playoff hockey… I’m a little leery about the cap hit and term. Could easily be a player that becomes Justin Williams (quality cup winner) or Mariusz Czerkawski (appreciated him, but mostly a producer on poor teams).

Last edited:
Reactions: PK Cronin

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Lou must be waiting for "Last Minute Value" when some GM's start to feel a little anxiety right before 3pm!

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
Anyone think Lou might be in on Provorov or Sanheim? Lots of obstacles to a deal like that, but it's intriguing...would Philly trade them in division? There'd need to be money going back as well. Pretty barren out there for LDs.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Seeing on Twitter Holmstrom and Koivula are still practicing with the Isles, Duran Duran was sent down. Paper moves for Koivula and Holmstrom, they're not playing in BPT tonight.

That's a cap move by Lou. JGP not skating with team yet so can't figure it's a move to allow him to come back. Interesting

making room for Patrik Elias

Reactions: The Wahligator

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
I’m preparing myself for us to do nothing between now and tomorrow and then extensions announced for Mayfield and Varly early tomorrow night

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
I’m preparing myself for us to do nothing between now and tomorrow and then extensions announced for Mayfield and Varly early tomorrow night
that is what will most likely happen extensions for them and pierre and a depth dman maybe for cheap

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Anyone think Lou might be in on Provorov or Sanheim? Lots of obstacles to a deal like that, but it's intriguing...would Philly trade them in division? There'd need to be money going back as well. Pretty barren out there for LDs.
God I hope not. Provorov’s pretty putrid.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
McDonagh was mentioned earlier. I actually think he would be the best fit for this Islander defense… including over Chychurn.

Only issue is the cap and term is too much. If he was willing to waive and his cap hit could be brought down to ~4.5/5 then he would not only help the lineup, but Dobson specifically.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
McDonagh was mentioned earlier. I actually think he would be the best fit for this Islander defense… including over Chychurn.

Only issue is the cap and term is too much. If he was willing to waive and his cap hit could be brought down to ~4.5/5 then he would not only help the lineup, but Dobson specifically.
His new GM is a big Josh Bailey fan. :sarcasm:

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island

He is a good player, but Lou should be targeting younger players. Guys that we can get signed longterm and get 5+ years of quality play out of. Id rather target Provorov.

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
what is up with Vrana, seems like he does have some talent and Red Wings seem to be keeping him out tonight. I am sure he could be had for cheap maybe but has 5 mil cap hit for this year and next seems like.

Thing is we would have to get rid of Bailey or Palmeri or Pageau in summer for cap space.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
His new GM is a big Josh Bailey fan. :sarcasm:
Since I’ve read on this board that it’s really Barry doing all these trades… maybe it really could happen? :sarcasm:

I think the biggest roadblock might be getting him to actually waive in all honesty.

Then there is the matter of cost? Wouldn’t want to surrender a first OR Bolduc.

Reactions: doublechili

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
He is a good player, but Lou should be targeting younger players. Guys that we can get signed longterm and get 5+ years of quality play out of. Id rather target Provorov.
I just feel that McDonagh would give you a better version of Dobson in the long run too.

Provorov, feel’s much like Pulock… quality player, but a little underwhelming at the price. And, I’m a bigger fan of Pulock than most around here. I still rate him over Mayfield and think some of the criticisms about his defense are a little overblown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad