Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Quinn hughes is being shopped...not seriously, but Vancouver are listening and open to it.

This is Eklund...

Apparently, Canucks are putting everyone on the block except for Petersson
Even if this were true, a concern would be that he's a UFA in 5 years, so do you pay a huge price only to see him walk to NJD to play with his brothers?

But a high end offensive defenseman would really help - probably more than anything. It's why I don't totally dismiss the Karlsson talk.

Reactions: periferal

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Supposedly horrendous defensively. For a guy his size you would hope he was a brick wall and crease clearer. Doesn’t play big minutes. Don’t see him returning much for Jets
I watch a ton of Jets games, and they got worse when he came back from injury. Just a guy eating up a roster spot for someone much more deserving.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Ryan McAllister and Jake Livingston would be the top 2 targets. Also Like Big Center Jaxson Nelson.

Parker Ford was highly sought last year and again this year.

I watch a ton of Jets games, and they got worse when he came back from injury. Just a guy eating up a roster spot for someone much more deserving.
Heinola?

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
Then you better hope the piece of shit Mike Davis and his .196 BA walks off a guy who gave up 11 in 75 inn that year and approx 1 BB ever 4 innings over his career then steals second before Lou even wheels himself up there
All I remember from that game was I thought Disney was in town filming one of these hard to believe movies as the guy could barely walk let alone lift a bat and swing.

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
Sadly....

Bingo.

And even if we do make the playoffs, do we really have the horses to get through the war zone that is the Eastern Conference? Lord knows we don't have the coaching so pretty much every game/series we'd be in we wouldn't have any advantages there.

Trotz was the best thing that happened to this franchise in 25 years, but in a way he was also a bad thing in that I think the success he had is giving fans (and maybe Lou) the idea that this team is better than it is.

I know there's a lot of fans who are thinking, "Just make the playoffs and anything can happen," but this isn't the same team from 2+ years ago that was coming out of perhaps the worst ownership/GM/coaching group in it's history, was younger, and had a hall of fame coach.

This team might be 80% similar to the one that was a game away from the finals 2 years ago so it may feel like that run can be replicated again, but that 20% difference is a problem.

I legit don't think this roster will get near game 7 of the conference finals again without a coach like Trotz. And the truth is that maybe even with Trotz they're older/not good enough now. But since no one like that is walking through the door again I think Lou is chasing his own tail with his moves that will prevent him/a new GM from making significant moves to change the roster in the near future.
I Hear ya! Just seems we plug a hole and another pops up. Hope is, we scour the earth to find undrafted gems or run into Milbury who has just been hired as a new GM of some franchise and buy him a couple pops and talk trade

Reactions: periferal

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
All I remember from that game was I thought Disney was in town filming one of these hard to believe movies as the guy could barely walk let alone lift a bat and swing.
The beauty of it is that when Davis was up. Lasorda put crappy hitting Dave Anderson in on deck circle thus making Eckersley think it was OK to pitch around Davis. You know the rest....

I remember things like that but I'm not sure I took my medicine a few hours ago or not.

• Haha
Reactions: Top Corner

Uncle Lou

Jun 20, 2010
New York
Think we will see Lou swing one or two more deals but closer to 3pm tomorrow. Hopefully can capitalize on some desperate teams looking to move guys last min and get some good prices.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Agreed, although i think Schmaltz could be a PPG player with Barzal and Horvat. I also wonder if Keller is available. I cant imagine he wants to stay in that situation.
Keller would be dream pickup but we don’t have those assets, best we could do is Holmstrom, Wahlstro, Bolduc and whichever 1st 24 or 25 that doesn’t end up being traded. We could absorb the cap hit but just dont think we have the assets.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
soooooo I guess no trades incoming. Hoping to land Mcdavid today.
hmmm...that McDavid kid...all he does is want the puck, shoot, shoot, shoot,.....never playing nice with the others, never passing....just shoot, shoot, shoot....hearing they are looking for some one who might be a little more sharing.....might consider a swap?

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Keller would be dream pickup but we don’t have those assets, best we could do is Holmstrom, Wahlstro, Bolduc and whichever 1st 24 or 25 that doesn’t end up being traded. We could absorb the cap hit but just dont think we have the assets.

Agreed, only way it could work is if Arizona was interested in the 2025/2026 first as well like they were rumored to be for Chychrun. Maybe something like Wahlstrom, 2023/2024 first whichever didnt go to Vancouver, and than the 2025 first. May need to give even more.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Hot Take

Isles trade a 3rd for Weegar as a pure rental. Or Bode Wilde. There is no way Flames are making the playoffs...they need to play at .750 ongoing from here according to Kyper and Bourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad