Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
The trade that needs to be made is RJ and a boatload of picks for Ingram. RJ is Knick Josh Bailey.

This trade season has been absolutely bananas! I cannot believe the volume of moves that have been made. There were es 8 or 9 trades just yesterday. Crazy
I know man. It's like these GMs are playing with a fantasy baseball philosophy. At least we're relevant in the playoff discussion this year. Makes the games more intense to watch

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I noticed that TSN has Ryan McDonaugh on their trade bait list (albeit near the bottom). I'm thinking it's doubtful he'd move, but he'd be a great fit right now. Among the issues is that he's 33 and has 3 more years at $6.75M AAV (also, acquisition cost, basically means no Mayfield re-signing, etc.). But just throwing it out there for discussion. :laugh:

Reactions: Bill Herlyn

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Bruins open the day with a clap of thunder. This is a wild ride.
I didn't realize until now that BOS has $3.5M of cap space allocated to their 1C and 2C. They'll be a big donut in a couple of years, but that's really helpful right now.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I noticed that TSN has Ryan McDonaugh on their trade bait list (albeit near the bottom). I'm thinking it's doubtful he'd move, but he'd be a great fit right now. Among the issues is that he's 33 and has 3 more years at $6.75M AAV (also, acquisition cost, basically means no Mayfield re-signing, etc.). But just throwing it out there for discussion. :laugh:

I'd only be interested if they ate half his money, and even then I wouldn't want to pay the price to acquire.

The rich get richer.... thats the kind of deal that makes me want to sell sell sell. that #8 spot looks like a death seat.

The only moves that should be made are ones that help the team in the future. Rentals shouldn't be entertained, unless we're swapping Varlamov/Mayfield in a deal and need to replace them.

I didn't realize until now that BOS has $3.5M of cap space allocated to their 1C and 2C. They'll be a big donut in a couple of years, but that's really helpful right now.

Their success this year is largely based around the fact that those two players took no money to come back and play. In some ways it's a great job by the GM/ownership over the years and in other ways it's incredibly lucky to find players that good who are willing to do that.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
I think I need to bet the house on COL to win the Cup. The teams in the East are all going to kill each other.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
It’s obviously Karlsson

Lou is going to sour on Dobson if he keeps making lazy plays in his own zone. He’s going to trade him and Bailey for Karlsson. Dobson will never reach the level of Karlsson.
Lou is going to fire Doug Houda first.

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Bruins open the day with a clap of thunder. This is a wild ride.
Bertuzzi had a beautiful goal the other night vs Ottawa. Pretty soon they'll be trading picks in the next decade. Several games in hand disappear tonight vs tough opponents. Could be nice night for NYI

It’s obviously Karlsson

Lou is going to sour on Dobson if he keeps making lazy plays in his own zone. He’s going to trade him and Bailey for Karlsson. Dobson will never reach the level of Karlsson.
the souring has already started. Lane benched him the last 7 min the other night

Bruins needed to add more they are barely hanging on and having a tough time scoring...
🤣

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
because BOS will be in the lottery in 2024?

I forget which deal, but just this week a team dealt their 1st in 2023 and made it protected - Even though they're a cinch to make the playoffs. I think it's a new thing teams are doing to ensure that if something complete wild happens and the wheels fall off unexpectedly they are covered.

I mean Milbury traded away the 1st that could've been McDavid for Thomas "I'm going to the Wild no matter what" Vanek. Think it might've been smart to top 3 protect that pick just in case?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Maybe it's just like top 3 protected?

I think I saw top 10, but regardless I'm an idiot who didn't realize it was a 2024 and not a 2023. I'm sitting here scratching my head as to why they'd even waste the ink for this year since they could not win another game and probably get into the playoffs. Protection on next year's pick makes way more sense. :laugh:

Hall to LTIR, ready for when the playoffs begin?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I think I saw top 10, but regardless I'm an idiot who didn't realize it was a 2024 and not a 2023. I'm sitting here scratching my head as to why they'd even waste the ink for this year since they could not win another game and probably get into the playoffs. Protection on next year's pick makes way more sense. :laugh:

And also consider that the Bruins have 7 UFAs this offseason...Just on offense! That includes Pastrnak Bergeron, and Krejci (and the latter 2 might retire).

They are rightly all-in this offseason because it could start getting ugly for them as early as next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad