Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Just enough for Chychrun?
Sure but what assets do we have that ARZ would want or that wouldn’t be beaten by other teams. Sounds like WSH PIT and possibly TOR are bidding for him right now

Trade done. Great pick up for EDM. Have to imagine good package going back to NSH

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Sure but what assets do we have that ARZ would want or that wouldn’t be beaten by other teams. Sounds like WSH PIT and possibly TOR are bidding for him right now

Trade done. Great pick up for EDM. Have to imagine good package going back to NSH

They have to sure up their back end so I like it.

Reactions: SI90

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
With teams like Toronto, Boston, Devils and the Rangers loading up. I'm not sure why Carolina is waiting. To me, if they are serious, they need to make a bigger move than Puljujarvi

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Do you think there's any trade he can pull off that will be able to not only guarantee this team a playoff spot, but make the kind of contender to win a Cup that the Bruins, Hurricanes, rangers, Lightning, etc are?
Exactly. I don't mind the move they just made because it's a 26 yr old speedy wingers and maybe he can be a 3rd liners for next year at a reasonable price tage since he's a FA at the end of the year. But I'm so happy Lou didn't bring in a over 30 yr old player with term.

Reactions: The Real JT

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
Do you think there's any trade he can pull off that will be able to not only guarantee this team a playoff spot, but make the kind of contender to win a Cup that the Bruins, Hurricanes, rangers, Lightning, etc are?
As it stands today I like their chances of getting in. As for beating those teams, I don't think it's likely but we've seen crazier things happen. The 128 point Lightning got swept by CBJ. I think adding a guy like Domi would go a long way for this team and wouldn't break the bank.

Reactions: LBloor and duster19

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
As it stands today I like their chances of getting in. As for beating those teams, I don't think it's likely but we've seen crazier things happen. The 128 point Lightning got swept by CBJ. I think adding a guy like Domi would go a long way for this team and wouldn't break the bank.

I'd like to go into the playoffs with better hope than, "We've seen crazier things happen." When can we be a top 3 seed and actual favorite so we're not pinning our hopes on longshots?

Let's be honest...The only shot the Isles have at the Cup is Sorokin.

That CBJ/TBL series you referenced was literally all Bobrobsky. I talk about that series all the time. The Lightning were shelling CBJ out of the gate and it was like 3-0 10 minutes into the 1st period of game 1 and it could've been like 7-0, but Bobrovsky stood on his head, frustrated TB, settled his team down, and then they played with no fear.

I think the only goalie performance I saw better than that in the past 10 years was Binnington when he literally won the Blues the Cup.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013

I liked the idea of Domin but with the deal today I don’t know if that will materialize. Only thing I can see now is a puck moving dman.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Barry been on the job for 48 hours and finally grabbed the wheel from Poile to admit that team is going nowhere and should start the rebuild.

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
I'd like to go into the playoffs with better hope than, "We've seen crazier things happen." When can we be a top 3 seed and actual favorite so we're not pinning our hopes on longshots?
Of course I agree in theory, but that's just not a luxury we have with this group of players. You still have to at least try to go for it when you can. They've had success in the playoffs in the past, so they're not your traditional 7/8 seed so to speak.

Let's be honest...The only shot the Isles have at the Cup is Sorokin.
Isn't that good enough of a reason to bolster the roster and try to make a run?

Reactions: LBloor and gordie43

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Barry been on the job for 48 hours and finally grabbed the wheel from Poile to admit that team is going nowhere and should start the rebuild.

First stop - puck moving PP dman. Wonder if he would do is a favor and swap Bailey for Barrie + picks.

Reactions: periferal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad