Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
First stop - puck moving PP dman. Wonder if he would do is a favor and swap Bailey for Barrie + picks.

Honestly…I think there’s something here. I know Barrie isn’t good 5 on 5, but can he really be worse than Romanov/Aho?

At the same time to add any type of tangible help to the PP would be awesome.

Problem is Bailey is an absolute zero and he makes 500K more than Barrie. I think the add would have to be significant and not worth it to not get a more complete D man.

Why would he do Lou a favor, he fired his azz lol

So is Barry going to ignore Lou’s calls for years to come….?

I think we can see now that Trotz wanted to be a GM and that was (unfortunately) never happening here.

Can’t imagine any GM being too thrilled with having a coach who mentally wants a different job…And that job just happens to be the one you have.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Honestly…I think there’s something here. I know Barrie isn’t good 5 on 5, but can he really be worse than Romanov/Aho?

At the same time to add any type of tangible help to the PP would be awesome.

Problem is Bailey is an absolute zero and he makes 500K more than Barrie. I think the add would have to be significant and not worth it to not get a more complete D man.

I think we can see now that Trotz wanted to be a GM and that was (unfortunately) never happening here.

Can’t imagine any GM being too thrilled with having a coach who mentally wants a different job…And that job just happens to be the one you have.
The one your son is in the will to inherit??

JRD76

Aug 11, 2013

I was talking about Barry doing Lou a favor, I didn't say anything about Barry never doing deals with Lou.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
And you know for a fact this isn’t Poile making the moves?

So Poile, who has been with the Predators for 25 years, all of sudden makes multiple rebuilding moves within hours of announcing his successor…And you think that management and/or that successor isn’t pulling the strings?

If you cannot connect those dots and trust that’s what’s going on, then I suggest you get a DNA test to make sure your mom is actually your biological mom. We don’t want to just take her word for it. We need facts!

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
So Poile, who has been with the Predators for 25 years, all of sudden makes multiple rebuilding moves within hours of announcing his successor…And you think that management and/or that successor isn’t pulling the strings?

If you cannot connect those dots and trust that’s what’s going on, then I suggest you get a DNA test to make sure your mom is actually your biological mom. We don’t want to just take her word for it. We need facts!
And you think that a GM who has been on the job 2 days is making trades after not being in the league all year and being a rookie GM? More likely Poile is being the bad guy here and trading away players for futures. Poile is giving Trotz a clean slate to start a rebuild.

You are lacking nuance on this one. And no need to be an ass when responding.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
And you think that a GM who has been on the job 2 days is making trades after not being in the league all year and being a rookie GM? More likely Poile is being the bad guy here and trading away players for futures. Poile is giving Trotz a clean slate to start a rebuild.

And you really think that Trotz has been sitting at home the last 6 months not having constant discussions with people around the league and more recently the management/ownership with the Preds? Talk about a lack of nuance.

Sure he's been "on the job" 2 days, but that's just a PR announcement. This move has no doubt been in the cards for weeks at least. In fact, the Preds might have even delayed an announcement so that Poile wouldn't look like such a lame duck GM for 50% of the season or more.

Poile has oodles of respect not just in Nashville, but around the NHL so you can be sure that the Preds want to send him out looking good...Even if ownerhship/management/Trotz/etc are pushing the team in a new direction.

End of day...Trotz at minimum has given a blessing to these trades and certainly a rebuild or he wouldn't have taken the job. That means on some level, and maybe a big level, Trotz had his hand in these deals to a notable degree.

You are lacking nuance on this one. And no need to be an ass when responding.

I was only being a wiseass in response to your, "and you know that for a fact" comment which was pretty testy itself. Apologies if you were offended.

I'm already sick over how little the rangers are going to give up to get Kane... 🤢

:confused:

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
And you really think that Trotz has been sitting at home the last 6 months not having constant discussions with people around the league and more recently the management/ownership with the Preds? Talk about a lack of nuance.

Sure he's been "on the job" 2 days, but that's just a PR announcement. This move has no doubt been in the cards for weeks at least. In fact, the Preds might have even delayed an announcement so that Poile wouldn't look like such a lame duck GM for 50% of the season or more.

Poile has oodles of respect not just in Nashville, but around the NHL so you can be sure that the Preds want to send him out looking good...Even if ownerhship/management/Trotz/etc are pushing the team in a new direction.

End of day...Trotz at minimum has given a blessing to these trades and certainly a rebuild or he wouldn't have taken the job. That means on some level, and maybe a big level, Trotz had his hand in these deals to a notable degree.

I was only being a wiseass in response to your, "and you know that for a fact" comment which was pretty testy itself. Apologies if you were offended.
We need to agree to disagree on this one. While I would agree that Poile likely asked Trotz his opinion of certain players I think Poile made the trades. And of course Trotz was watching hockey and talking to people around the league but that is very different than talking to other GM’a about trade opportunities. It would not surprise me if some of these trade discussions started well before Trotz involvement with the Preds.

In the corporate world it is not unusual for the departing exec to fire people so the new exec doesn’t have to be the bad guy. The new exec gets a clean slate. I see the same thing happening here.

Reactions: JKP

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
We need to agree to disagree on this one. While I would agree that Poile likely asked Trotz his opinion of certain players I think Poile made the trades. And of course Trotz was watching hockey and talking to people around the league but that is very different than talking to other GM’a about trade opportunities. It would not surprise me if some of these trade discussions started well before Trotz involvement with the Preds.

In the corporate world it is not unusual for the departing exec to fire people so the new exec doesn’t have to be the bad guy. The new exec gets a clean slate. I see the same thing happening here.

Oh I totally agree that Poile made the calls and executed the trades, but I think the moves were made in accordance with what ownership/Trotz wanted. But I also think that Trotz was not only consulted, but in the room as the deals were made.

So in that case I don't really think it matters that Poile physically made them....And had Poile flat out retired last week, I'd bet these few deals the Preds made the last few days would've gone down just the same.

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Oh I totally agree that Poile made the calls and executed the trades, but I think the moves were made in accordance with what ownership/Trotz wanted. But I also think that Trotz was not only consulted, but in the room as the deals were made.

So in that case I don't really think it matters that Poile physically made them....And had Poile flat out retired last week, I'd bet these few deals the Preds made the last few days would've gone down just the same.
Obviously Trotz and ownership agreed on the rebuild. But I think Poile did all the legwork getting a few potential deals lined up. At most Trotz gave his input on which trades he preferred.

Wasn’t Trotz still under contract with the Isles. Do you think Lou would have given Trotz approval to work behind the scenes for the Preds months ago?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Obviously Trotz and ownership agreed on the rebuild. But I think Poile did all the legwork getting a few potential deals lined up. At most Trotz gave his input on which trades he preferred.

Wasn’t Trotz still under contract with the Isles. Do you think Lou would have given Trotz approval to work behind the scenes for the Preds months ago?

Wouldn't need months. Deals can come together in just a few days. I'm sure none of this happened without Lou's nod of approval, but I believe that NHL teams cannot stop employees from leaving if they take a promotion with a new club.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Am I crazy or is Wally out at the nets game while the isles are playing not a good look?

What’s the proper etiquette for injured guys when their teams are player?

Reactions: The Wahligator

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Gotta wonder what the Yotes do as things start to close up around them. If LA makes the Gavrikov move, who is left for them to deal with?

Aho would be a nice return for Gostibehere

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
My issue with it is that I don't think I should be watching more Islanders games in a season than a player actually on the f***ing roster. Maybe he's going to watch it when he gets home like I do some nights but I doubt it.
I’m just happy I’m not the only one. Just didn’t sit right with me. Like they’re out their battling for their playoff lives and your put on the town.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
My issue with it is that I don't think I should be watching more Islanders games in a season than a player actually on the f***ing roster. Maybe he's going to watch it when he gets home like I do some nights but I doubt it.
Honestly I don’t think he is here next year, whether he’s traded before Friday or in off-season I don’t think isles are bringing him back.

Reactions: CupHolders
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad