Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Quick is planning on retiring. Gave him no heads up this might happen. The man earned the right to either know or retire in one organization. If you wanted to upgrade and net, you could have spoke to quick and work something out where you waive him. Pretty bad

And he’s flying back with the team. Awkward

Reactions: Skip To My Lou

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
With LA opting for Gavrikov seems it's gone quiet on the Chychrun front...almost too quiet. My gut says the Isles are involved.
With the competition for him + our lack of assets I just don’t see what we could offer? 2025 1st ? Does ARZ like Bolduc? Seems like they want a lot more than that and other teams have stronger prospect systems and assets

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
With the competition for him + our lack of assets I just don’t see what we could offer? 2025 1st ? Does ARZ like Bolduc? Seems like they want a lot more than that and other teams have stronger prospect systems and assets
25 and 26 firsts (same as what they asked from PIT), Wahlstrom, Bolduc, and Bailey.

Reactions: SI90

SI

Feb 16, 2013
It's really not. If you get Chychrun then Bolduc has no future with the org, Wahlstrom is a depreciating asset, and Bailey is a cap dump. The firsts are magic beans that you give up all day to get a 25 year old cost controlled all situations top pairing D.
I have to agree landing Chychrun for 2 years plus this playoff run at 4.6 AAV is the shot this team needs.
Pelech and Pulock 29, Romanov, Chychrun and Dobson under 25, Mayfield as the old dog, who will be 31 next season.

The trade will look more like -
2024 1st (conditional if the pick goes to Vancouver, then the pick is 2025 1st), 2026 1st, and Bolduc for Chychrun. I don't think they need to include Wahlstrom.

Capitals, St. Louis, & Ottawa are the other possibilities for Chychrun.

I do wonder if Bertuzzi is dangled and no one bites, does Lou dangle Wahlstrom for Bertuzzi.

Uncle Lou

Jun 20, 2010
New York
Dude on twitter “The Lou lamoriello insider” who has hit on a lot of isles stuff…Horvat trade, Parise and chara signings says isles in on Chychrun. Don’t wanna post random accounts but I follow this guy for a while and he has been right quite a bit. FWIW….who knows, but isles defenses would be disgusting if they can find a way to get it done. Best part about Chychrun is he has another 3 years at like 4.6 so cap will go up and we lock him up long term. Defense can be scary good for a long time. Lou type of move for the future.

Wahlstrom/‘25 first/Dufour/2nd and Bailey.

Pelech-Dobson
Chychrun-Pulock
Romanov-Mayfield.
Sorokin in net 👀

Attachments

• 8738CD99-F44A-4F6D-A5B2-5271439017BC.png
    8738CD99-F44A-4F6D-A5B2-5271439017BC.png
    359.3 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: xECK29x

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Dude on twitter “The Lou lamoriello insider” who has hit on a lot of isles stuff…Horvat trade, Parise and chara signings says isles in on Chychrun. Don’t wanna post random accounts but I follow this guy for a while and he has been right quite a bit. FWIW….who knows, but isles defenses would be disgusting if they can find a way to get it done. Best part about Chychrun is he has another 3 years at like 4.6 so cap will go up and we lock him up long term. Defense can be scary good for a long time. Lou type of move for the future.

Pelech-Dobson
Chychrun-Pulock
Romanov-Mayfield.
Sorokin in net 👀
I agree with you I’ve been following this account for a while to and there is something there.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
25 and 26 firsts (same as what they asked from PIT), Wahlstrom, Bolduc, and Bailey.
Too far out and then a few tears of development time, your looking at 27-28 or further just let Bolduc continue on his path, he looks like he could be a very good player for us given his skill set.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Wonder if Lou make a call to St Louis about Leddy
After the deal he signed with them?? Would be a stupid move if I ever saw one. $4 million for thre more years. Jeez. Leddy for Palmieri? That's fine. Leddy for futures. Hell, no.

Either they have make a deal for the likes of Chychrun, who'll be with the team for years and has his best years ahead of him, in which case trading future assets is fine, or they do nothing. Trading for 30-somthings on multi years deals, when the team is already overflowing with them is just silly, when they have to give up future assets to do so.

Suffolkbull3

Apr 27, 2016
who would you like to see lou bring over before the tdl???? top 3 REALISTIC choices??!!! i ask this question because i would like to know what to hope for. i am a hugeeee islander fan, however i dont really follow any of the other teams so i know i want to see lou bring in help before the tdl, but i have no clue who i should hope to see here.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY

Pelech-Dobson
Chychrun-Pulock
Romanov-Mayfield.
Sorokin in net 👀
What's his favorite Dippin' Dots flavor??

Reactions: Uncle Lou

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
After the deal he signed with them?? Would be a stupid move if I ever saw one. $4 million for thre more years. Jeez. Leddy for Palmieri? That's fine. Leddy for futures. Hell, no.

Either they have make a deal for the likes of Chychrun, who'll be with the team for years and has his best years ahead of him, in which case trading future assets is fine, or they do nothing. Trading for 30-somthings on multi years deals, when the team is already overflowing with them is just silly, when they have to give up future assets to do so.
We’ve missed Leddy for 2 years now. I wouldn’t mind seeing him return if we can send Bailey the other way.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I’m just happy I’m not the only one. Just didn’t sit right with me. Like they’re out their battling for their playoff lives and your put on the town.

I'll split my decision, if it was an off night - I don't care what he does. He's allowed to have a social life, as long as he's not doing the half-court shot at halftime with a bum knee.

On a game night though...I don't think I'm okay with that. If you're going to go, at the very least do not post online for all the world to see and open you up for criticism. You should WANT to watch your teammates play and maybe even try to pick something up from Kaprizov.

I had similar feelings in college when guys who were hurt would go out on Friday night the night before a Saturday game. Oh, just because you can go out with no detriment to the team, you do it anyway? That's a selfish move which I am sure does not sit well with the militaristic Lou.

Reactions: SI90 and Lek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad