Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Here’s a trade proposal that is sure to take some heat. They all do.

Isles swap Bailey for Mantha
Bailey with 2 years left, $5M yearly cap hit and $3.5M salary/year.
Mantha with 2 years left at $5.5M/year cap hit and $6.5M/year salary.

Isles need speed and scoring and Mantha has been in the Caps’ doghouse. Even with Bailey’s lesser salary and cap hit, I’d think the Isles add something but probably not much. With all that being said, a trade within the division is unlikely.

Imagine getting a first, second, and Jakub Vrana for Josh Bailey

• Haha
Reactions: MarsTBOW

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Unfortunately even with Sorokin we arent far away from a lottery team. We are just 5 points away from bottom 10 in the standings.

Ya but we are only 1 point out of the playoffs. Forget the games in hand for the teams above and below us. And that were are plummeting like a meteor.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
this team needs to aggressively sell at the deadline. JGP, CLutter, Bailey, Beau etc. He have to start re-tooling the system and the core of this group. Even Lee should be on the table. If Lou tries to buy, we'll likely fail AGAIN and it will set us even further back. The covid and early season road trip was the most bogus excuse for a below average group. Get rid of the weight above.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
this team needs to aggressively sell at the deadline. JGP, CLutter, Bailey, Beau etc. He have to start re-tooling the system and the core of this group. Even Lee should be on the table. If Lou tries to buy, we'll likely fail AGAIN and it will set us even further back. The covid and early season road trip was the most bogus excuse for a below average group. Get rid of the weight above.

Pulock is a guy they should shop also.... Before the rest of the NHL Figures out the game has passed him by...

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Pulock is a guy they should shop also.... Before the rest of the NHL Figures out the game has passed him by...

They need a new GM who can come in. Evaluate. start moving pieces. And draft. It’s time to rebuild/retool. Whatever you want to call it. But change is 100% needed. To many guys have been here wayyy to long. Everything else is just a waste of time.

• Love
Reactions: MarsTBOW and Mike C

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
They need a new GM who can come in. Evaluate. start moving pieces. And draft. It’s time to rebuild/retool. Whatever you want to call it. But change is 100% needed. To many guys have been here wayyy to long. Everything else is just a waste of time.
How about some of the new guys aren’t that good? Those that the franchise invested in, haven’t advanced their own overall play. Those are your first round draft picks right there…

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
How about some of the new guys aren’t that good? Those that the franchise invested in, haven’t advanced their own overall play. Those are your first round draft picks right there…
c'mon man, holmstrom has 2 points in 16 games. GET WITH IT BABY!!

alviiiinnnn, theodore......

#freesimon!!

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

#freesimon!!

Crazy what I am about to say but I like Holmstrom. I think he plays a controlled game for his first taste of the NHL. Wish he would have scored last night on the one timer though.

The real issues on this team are contracts like Palmieri, Beauvillier, and Bailey at this point. Martin and Clutterbuck are simply taking up roster spots.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Crazy what I am about to say but I like Holmstrom. I think he plays a controlled game for his first taste of the NHL. Wish he would have scored last night on the one timer though.

The real issues on this team are contracts like Palmieri, Beauvillier, and Bailey at this point. Martin and Clutterbuck are simply taking up roster spots.
i don't dislike holmstrom but i just don't get all the hubbub hullabaloo about him

i agree on the others save for cal.....he is effective at what he does consistantly when he is glued together enough to take the ice

toying with the idea of heading your way with the family for valentine's day. i want to check out the saskatoon steaks fish and wild game place....not sure i can pull it off next month (hey stupid, why don't you cut the starbucks out and there's your cash!!).....if not then, hopefully mother's day

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

#freesimon!!
Holmstrom is already a better Bailey and makes $4M a year less.

i don't dislike holmstrom but i just don't get all the hubbub hullabaloo about him
Because he’s a 1st round pick and was doing all the un-sexy things that somebody has to do on an NHL team?

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island
What GM invested in those guys? Will Lou ever be a part of the problem in your opinion?

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

i agree on the others save for cal.....he is effective at what he does consistantly when he is glued together enough to take the ice

toying with the idea of heading your way with the family for valentine's day. i want to check out the saskatoon steaks fish and wild game place....not sure i can pull it off next month (hey stupid, why don't you cut the starbucks out and there's your cash!!).....if not then, hopefully mother's day

I think Holmstrom is really a middle six player currently who is defensively responsible. It certainly is not the franchise changing pick some want but it was better than the no brainer picks in Tomasino and McMichael.

Have not been there yet. I would like to go there though.... lol.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I think Holmstrom is really a middle six player currently who is defensively responsible. It certainly is not the franchise changing pick some want but it was better than the no brainer picks in Tomasino and McMichael.

Have not been there yet. I would like to go there though.... lol.
i figure it would be a 3 bill meal for the 3 of us....kick in another buck/buck and a half for a room. maybe i'll start saving for mother's day, gives me 4 months. plus by then my tax refund should be deposited

agree with holmstrom thoughts, seems solid as does fasching. team needs some impact players like the ones palmieri and wally were supposed to be

on fasching, one thing i noticed last night is that when he passes the puck, very unlike anthony, he puts it in a spot where the player receiving the pass can do something with it, kinda like how the point guard in basketball ideally will put the ball where the guy he's passing it to wants it....i was impressed with fasching doing that several times last night

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
as much as i might think lane has made some errors in tactics, etc, i can't blame him at all for these guys all sucking at the same time
This has been the Isles problem the last few years. It is impossible to win when the entire forward group forgets how to score.

Reactions: Mike C

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
He also just turned 26. Those first few years are development year. Since hitting his prime around 24 he has been a p/pg and again was on a bad team. On the isles he puts up over a p/pg next to Barzal. He is worth the 10M

I don't see the isles paying someone more than Brazal, that's just me. Right, wrong or whatever. Don't see it. Remember Dobson will get a nice healthy raise soon. You would have to think he's getting more than Pelech, I would guess 7-8M

Reactions: MJF

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
I don't see the isles paying someone more than Brazal, that's just me. Right, wrong or whatever. Don't see it. Remember Dobson will get a nice healthy raise soon. You would have to think he's getting more than Pelech, I would guess 7-8M
If they don’t then we might as well sell and relocate because this team will never win anything. We shall see

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Here’s a trade proposal that is sure to take some heat. They all do.
Isles swap Bailey for Mantha
Bailey with 2 years left, $5M yearly cap hit and $3.5M salary/year.
Mantha with 2 years left at $5.5M/year cap hit and $6.5M/year salary.

Isles need speed and scoring and Mantha has been in the Caps’ doghouse. Even with Bailey’s lesser salary and cap hit, I’d think the Isles add something but probably not much. With all that being said, a trade within the division is unlikely.
I was thinking about that exact swap last week when Mantha was getting scratched.

There’s worse deals out there.

Reactions: The Real JT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad