Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
While I’m not a fan of Adam Sandler movies this afternoon’s conversation reminds me of this.
8869444D-841F-4312-A5E2-E39A54816754.gif
6FCFC075-71D5-4919-8B0E-4CA32DA1F6CA.gif

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Yeah man. Sometimes I can't keep at damn trap shut

Hit me up if you ever get down this way. Lunch (and Starbucks 😀) on me

To stay on topic, wonder if Capades gets juiced on espresso!
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Probably does!
I'll def let you know when I'm in town!

Reactions: Mike C

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Yo what the hell is going on here lmao

Usually we catch these guys early on and get them out of here ASAP. Against my better judgement I gave a light warning earlier today and then wasn't available for a bit so the guy ran wild, mea culpa.

The lesson for today is this, use the report feature. If one of our moderators isn't on someone else will be able to handle it.

While I’m not a fan of Adam Sandler movies this afternoon’s conversation reminds me of this.View attachment 633643View attachment 633644

Is the name being crossed off PK Cronin? I hope so.

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
Please take another look at my post :

View attachment 633485

In this case, reference to age is not about his entire body of work. It's about how that might effect his appraoch to the upcoming trade deadline. Nothing more.

Regardless, I am expecting nothing less than our '23 first rounder and something else of value under 23 (maybe multiple pieces) being moved out to upgrade the current team for the stretch run.

It's simply what I've expected since the pre-season and continue to expect now.

Heck, it may even end up being the right move to put us over the top this time around?

Or whatever is done is more confluent with being realistic about what this current team's chances are in light of its results to date and the abilities of the competition.

But that would surprise me. Perhaps pleasantly.
As suggested in earlier posts, I thought that time to make big move was before Christmas, any move now is too late in my opinion.
I bet you weren't saying that during the two playoff runs. BTW ..other teams are not giving away first line wingers.
I bet if you research my posts you will see that I’ve always claimed Lou’s biggest acquisition was Trotz. I bet you will also see I said team was better without Tavares

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Alrighty then….aisle 4 has been cleaned up.
I hope like hell thats it.
I apparently missed the "excitement" and don't know what went on, but you get a "like" just for the best avatar... ever. And it would be impossible for someone to top it. :laugh::thumbu:

Reactions: Gee Wally

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
I really feel like Timo Meier is the match.
That is because you are correct… he is. Just needs to happen. Put him next to Barzal and this team is a lot different and can suddenly win games with the power play. But I’m ready for Lous press release in April… “we are always looking to get better and we did and there was nothing available” Hopefully I’m wrong.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Great news! I almost wonder if Palms had a set back. He’s been skating for what feels like a couple weeks now. Was on the road trip out west.
I'm not sure, but Palmieri has played at 20 G, 15A, 35P pace over an 82 game season since joining the Islanders.

I hope when he comes back he's healthy and ready to blow that out of the water, he's just as much of a cap dump as Bailey and Beauvillier.

Between Bailey/Beauvillier/Palmieri/Wahlstrom, this team has serious issues on the wing...and it's compounded by three of them being significantly overpaid WITH term on top of it.

Reactions: 12Dog

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm not sure, but Palmieri has played at 20 G, 15A, 35P pace over an 82 game season since joining the Islanders.

I hope when he comes back he's healthy and ready to blow that out of the water, he's just as much of a cap dump as Bailey and Beauvillier.

Between Bailey/Beauvillier/Palmieri/Wahlstrom, this team has serious issues on the wing...and it's compounded by three of them being significantly overpaid WITH term on top of it.

From a production standpoint they're all the same player. They need to be pushed down the lineup. Palmieri should've been a net gain and instead he's neutral at best. He hasn't helped the power play either which has been terrible.

• Love
Reactions: 12Dog and Mike C

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
That is because you are correct… he is. Just needs to happen. Put him next to Barzal and this team is a lot different and can suddenly win games with the power play. But I’m ready for Lous press release in April… “we are always looking to get better and we did and there was nothing available” Hopefully I’m wrong.

I have been all aboard the Meier train for a while. He would fit like a glove on this team. I just hope if a move is made that Lou puts protections on the 1st round pick going to the Sharks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad