Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I think what you've said here points to Lou having painted us into a corner with the contracts the guys signed. The market doesn’t suit what we have in our shopping budget. So because of that Lou is kind of forced to love the team he assembled.
He’s given out some questionable contracts, most were done during the ‘cap is rising era’ - this Barzal boondoggle contract is 100% on him and it’s gonna suck with or without ‘an elite winger.’

He signed Pulock based on the old NHL, the contract just came into existence as the game shifted overnight. He’s improved the franchise without the benefit of a bonafide franchise pick and/or player.

I do think he’s trying to improve the team, he’s done it with the various trades of Greene, JGP, and Palms. However, it’s gotten very hard to move cap and not trip over oneself trying to make a trade. The UFA market is an area the franchise has struggled with. So, building or supplementing there is not an easy task.

These owners want Lou bc of his hockey acumen on the ice, but also in the league as a whole. Not many guys (sorry, people) can bring similar caliber if and when he moves on. These owners are not turning this over and rolling the dice to some unknown, upstart, or next best (remember, CLB did that and it was a disaster…).

Reactions: leeroggy

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I have been reading this board for years and you are lying. As for me I don't take orders from you and I am not a member of the hypersensitive part of America.

Yes, the owner should say exactly what you guys want to reassure you. 😂 Because not doing so means they are not watching their massive investment. Common sense.

If you've been reading for yours you should know that newcomers should slowly integrate themselves before getting aggressive with established members, otherwise it looks like you're trolling.

Since no proper introduction was done (that I saw anyway), welcome aboard.

Reactions: TheWhiteWhale30

Smith22

Jan 10, 2023
If you've been reading for yours you should know that newcomers should slowly integrate themselves before getting aggressive with established members, otherwise it looks like you're trolling.

Since no proper introduction was done (that I saw anyway), welcome aboard.
Hey PK!

Smith22

Jan 10, 2023
if casey and barzal had such good chemistry, why not leave a good thing alone. if you don't want to play raty, bailey can center 4th line for the 11 minutes a night they play.

oh well, you know the old saying "if it's fixed, BREAK IT"
I agree. I am not a Bailey hater but he was AWFUL last night. Again. He's shot.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
All Ledecky really said is that the owners allow the hockey people to run the hockey operations and they trust them to do that job. He didn't say what happens if the hockey people don't get the results ownership wants.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
It's earned! The guy's got about 12 posts and he's yapping at someone with nearly 6,000. Let him carry the bags a little first and fetch us coffee.

Sent me the same when I mentioned we don't get personal here. I clicked the Ignore button on him, I suggest we all do.
Good idea. Done.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
The passion here today is inspiring and more impressive than some of the recent on ice efforts, last night being an exception.

I’ll side with @MJF regarding Lou’s signings.

To be fair, we’re in a tough situation with a deficit of home grown stars. The good but not great players have been generously extended a bit too much in part because no youngsters are in the system to take their place and additionally because the Island has never been a premier destination for UFAs.

So we’re stuck. Lou is our Blackjack player who’s splitting a pair of eights with the dealer having a face card up. Some people think that’s the proper move. I don’t but I wish him luck.

Reactions: MJF and Mike C

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
The passion here today is inspiring and more impressive than some of the recent on ice efforts, last night being an exception.

I’ll side with @MJF regarding Lou’s signings.

To be fair, we’re in a tough situation with a deficit of home grown stars. The good but not great players have been generously extended a bit too much in part because no youngsters are in the system to take their place and additionally because the Island has never been a premier destination for UFAs.

So we’re stuck. Lou is our Blackjack player who’s splitting a pair of eights with the dealer having a face card up. Some people think that’s the proper move. I don’t but I wish him luck.
It's like hitting on 16. I don't care what the book says, I bust virtually all of the time.

Reactions: MJF

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
All Ledecky really said is that the owners allow the hockey people to run the hockey operations and they trust them to do that job. He didn't say what happens if the hockey people don't get the results ownership wants.
in most businesses, it's pretty much obvious what happens if one doesn't make the check writers happy and profitable people

It's earned! The guy's got about 12 posts and he's yapping at someone with nearly 6,000. Let him carry the bags a little first and fetch us coffee.

Sent me the same when I mentioned we don't get personal here. I clicked the Ignore button on him, I suggest we all do.
i'm gonna use that one when the wife gets home....bags and coffee

hahahahahahahaha

LOVE IT!!

Reactions: mm11

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Actually, on the board it is not. You have 18 total posts of which about 1/3 are inflammatory. Not a good start.
what's happening buddy. how are things upstate?? pretty good on my end!!

i'm down to only 5 points. every now and then i drift onto the main board and venture into trouble. truing to stay closer to home these days!

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
what's happening buddy. how are things upstate?? pretty good on my end!!

i'm down to only 5 points. every now and then i drift onto the main board and venture into trouble. truing to stay closer to home these days!
Same old thing (which is good!). I used to get in main board trouble - I've learned to mostly watch from afar :)

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
in most businesses, it's pretty much obvious what happens if one doesn't make the check writers happy and profitable people

i'm gonna use that one when the wife gets home....bags and coffee

hahahahahahahaha

LOVE IT!!
I have no recollection of making that suggestion . . . unless she laughs

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Same old thing (which is good!). I used to get in main board trouble - I've learned to mostly watch from afar :)
Yeah man. Sometimes I can't keep at damn trap shut

Hit me up if you ever get down this way. Lunch (and Starbucks 😀) on me

To stay on topic, wonder if Capades gets juiced on espresso!

Reactions: beach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad