Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Boeser would immediately be public whipping enemy boy #1 on this board in an Isles uniform
Yeah, I'm not sure what Boeser would do at 3x $6M+ to be a net gain for us in the big picture. Wahlstrom can be an inconsistent RW shooter for a fraction of the cost.

Reactions: SI

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY

Credentials per his bio: Member of the PHWA, lead Hawks writer for Bleacher Nation, columnist at The Fourth Period.

Doesn't surprise me here. Lou and Kane apparently have a long standing relationship through USA hockey and we have plenty of Americans Kane has associated with through the years in Nelson, Lee, Parise, Palmieri etc. Add the fact the potential to play with Mat Barzal as your center and idk I don't wanna get my hopes up but if the Isles stay hot up to the TDL....

Last edited:
Reactions: danteipp

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008

Credentials per his bio: Member of the PHWA, lead Hawks writer for Bleacher Nation, columnist at The Fourth Period.

Doesn't surprise me here. Lou and Kane apparently have a long standing relationship through USA hockey and we have plenty of Americans Kane has associated with through the years in Nelson, Lee, Parise, Palmieri etc. Add the fact the potential to play with Mat Barzal as your center and idk I don't wanna get my hopes up but if the Isles stay hot up to the TDL....

While I enjoy a good rumor, how the “insiders” lied about the Johnny Gaudreau free agency stories has me thinking twice before I believe anything.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
While I enjoy a good rumor, how the “insiders” lied about the Johnny Gaudreau free agency stories has me thinking twice before I believe anything.
Correct. I like to read about it because that’s the fun part of being a fan but I take it with a grain of salt

Reactions: gordie43

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Boeser?? People are really losing their minds if they'd like us to take on a regressing player, who's on the hook for $6.65 million for the next three years! Those are the exact type of contracts the Islanders already have a bunch of and need to stay away from. He still young and all that but that is too much.
He's not regressing by much, if at all. If he had two more goals thru 19 games, he'd be on the same par as the past couple of seasons. And assist-wise, he is way ahead of his norm with 11 already.

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island

Get it done Lou, please.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
If the intention in acquiring Boeser is to slot him next to Barzal then look out. He’s not the fastest but he’s fast enough and will improve the PP immediately. Not afraid to stand in front of the net for tips and screens either. He needs a playmaker and right now he’s playing 3rd line with a no name C in Dries(?).They also have him on PP2. Needs a change of scenery .

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

Yeah Lou has wanted 88 for years, but would he let him wear 88 on the ice???

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Big stretch to finish off the 2022 year

STL
@ NJD
CAR
@ BOS
@ AZ
@ VGK
@ COL
@NYR
FLA
PITT
CBJ

After these 11 games, they would have completed 37 games - almost half the season. I'd be happy with 6-5 in these 11 games.

@Throttle - A win against STL would give them a 6-2 record.
I believe we have the 5th hardest schedule in terms of quality of opponents for the rest of the season.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Those are all tough games…

STL - W
@ NJD - L
CAR - W
@ BOS - L
@ AZ - W
@ VGK - L
@ COL - L
@NYR - W
FLA - OTL
PITT - W
CBJ - W

Eh it’s 50/50 the real tough one are NJD, BOS, VKG, COL. Everyone else is beatable. AZ, CBJ, FLA should be games you have to win and the rest are on par with us for the most part. Will def be harder than November but I think they will be fine. I can see 7-4 or 6-5. We are due a loser point soon. I’d happily take 6-4-1

Reactions: danteipp

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Big stretch to finish off the 2022 year

STL
@ NJD
CAR
@ BOS
@ AZ
@ VGK
@ COL
@NYR
FLA
PITT
CBJ

After these 11 games, they would have completed 37 games - almost half the season. I'd be happy with 6-5 in these 11 games.

@Throttle - A win against STL would give them a 6-2 record.
Hey, I said it earlier they had a favorable schedule.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

Those are not ‘credentials’ - Pagnotta is FOS and same with his ‘writers’ on his site. There’s some joker that ‘writes’ for the Isles as part of Pagnotta’s click machine. Remember the summer of fun? Bailey, Varly are getting traded, Isles in on Johnny Trademark? All of it untrue.

Pagnotta represents that he owns the trademark for ‘Ice Girls’ in Canada and on his global website. The Canadian trademark office abandoned/he withdrew his application in 2009 (yes, not 2019…). I mean TM’ng ‘Ice Girls’ as ‘models, calendars, promotion…(not even the Isles that allegedly started it did that).

Last edited:
Reactions: YearlyLottery

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY

Call me when there's shovels in the ground.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Wait, why would we be interested in an aging vet that has 4 goals and 16 assists on the season? We already have veterans that love to assist. We need goals, not assists.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Wait, why would we be interested in an aging vet that has 4 goals and 16 assists on the season? We already have veterans that love to assist. We need goals, not assists.

Kane would immediately make this team a threat for the Cup in my opinion. I think the difference between Kane and a typical playmaker is like the difference between McDavid and Barzal. Yes they are both great skaters, but you can tell one is infinitely better than the other.

Reactions: The Real JT

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Kane would immediately make this team a threat for the Cup in my opinion. I think the difference between Kane and a typical playmaker is like the difference between McDavid and Barzal. Yes they are both great skaters, but you can tell one is infinitely better than the other.
So Kane is a better Josh bailey?

Reactions: YearlyLottery

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Kane looks like he's going through the motions. Put him on a contender, and watch his play take off. He still has a window of 3-4 years of 70+ pts IMO.

Bottom line, this team needs additional skill in the most desperate way.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Real JT

JRD76

Aug 11, 2013
Kane looks like he's going through the motions. Put him on a contender, and watch his play take off. He still has a window of 3-4 years of 70+ pts IMO.

Bottom line, this team needs additional skill in the most desperate way.
I think he's done with dealing with this :laugh:

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I think he's done with dealing with this :laugh:

I'm surprised him and Toews didn't request a trade in the summer when they knew the direction the organization was going in. They both have a few years left in them. They both would be useful to many clubs out there.

You can tell they are both half-assing it; grossly apparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad