Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Could very well be, But if we got One Legit Sniper, we turn into a very dangerous team
That should have occurred in off season

Leaving gettable points on the table will haunt us later. Fla is killing Seattle. Pitt already won. Division is tightening. The points we don't have in games we should have won are essential because we aren't good enough to skirt the margin

Reactions: beach

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
That should have occurred in off season

Leaving gettable points on the table will haunt us later. Fla is killing Seattle. Pitt already won. Division is tightening. The points we don't have in games we should have won are essential because we aren't good enough to skirt the margin
I agree 100%

Reactions: Mike C

SI

Feb 16, 2013
He has 3 goals. He can be a lightning rod for the Board and commiserate with the man we lovingly (well, most of us) refer to as Capades

Could be that he's doing him a favor and letting be in on picking his destination.

I heard after the new year, the Hawks will show that respect to Kane and Toews also
Most of us? There is only 3 of you.

Bailey for Boeser.
I’d do that. Not sure if Canucks would

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Most of us? There is only 3 of you.

I’d do that. Not sure if Canucks would
Might be 4-5 by now. It's beyond a nickname it's a movement!

besides i meant the majority of us, however many there are say it in jest vs the 1 or 2 that say it derisively

Reactions: SI

JPIsles18

Jul 12, 2022
You shouldn't Bailey is a better player like it or not.
This is true. But it's also like saying Gonorrhea is better than Syphilis. Boeser has been really bad, but has upside if he ever gets healthy. Bailey doesn't move the needle at all, just takes up a roster spot.

• Haha
Reactions: MarsTBOW

SI

Feb 16, 2013
You shouldn't Bailey is a better player like it or not.
I’m very critical of Boeser b/c there are flashes like his game tying goal last night - great moment for him after publicly being reported he would be scratched and then EF’s trade report then suddenly back in the lineup and then late goal.

Reactions: BarzyClub and MJF

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I’m very critical of Boeser b/c there are flashes like his game tying goal last night - great moment for him after publicly being reported he would be scratched and then EF’s trade report then suddenly back in the lineup and then late goal.
Guy is young and might not be able to shake off his father's death as easily as some others might. I'm willing to cut him a little slack. Plus from what I read, the Canucks are as dysfunctional as it gets these days.

You being up there have a MUCH better perspective

Reactions: BarzyClub

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Guy is young and might not be able to shake off his father's death as easily as some others might. I'm willing to cut him a little slack. Plus from what I read, the Canucks are as dysfunctional as it gets these days.

You being up there have a MUCH better perspective

Can't really take reclamation projects that cost that much in a league where cap space is such an asset. A Parise like move? Sure. But this dude would be the 3rd highest paid player on our team this year, and 350k from being tied for first. No bueno.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Can't really take reclamation projects that cost that much in a league where cap space is such an asset. A Parise like move? Sure. But this dude would be the 3rd highest paid player on our team this year, and 350k from being tied for first. No bueno.
I was more commenting on why a 25 year old guy who's been relatively consistent is having an off year

Reactions: 13th Floor

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
He’s baaack

The shuffling back and forth is part of the season, cap magic, etc. Absent one of Aho or Salo taking the reigns in the new year, Lou is definitely going to get a veteran defenseman for the playoffs. UFA to be Kulikov on Anaheim would work cap and style wise.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Take the project with a % salary retained.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Something tells me Vancouver is not getting a better player back by trading Boeser.
Agreed, I would think Vancouver would get at least a very high pick and an middling 6 player. the pick being the main compensation.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Big stretch to finish off the 2022 year

STL
@ NJD
CAR
@ BOS
@ AZ
@ VGK
@ COL
@NYR
FLA
PITT
CBJ

After these 11 games, they would have completed 37 games - almost half the season. I'd be happy with 6-5 in these 11 games.

@Throttle - A win against STL would give them a 6-2 record.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Big stretch to finish off the 2022 year

STL
@ NJD
CAR
@ BOS
@ AZ
@ VGK
@ COL
@NYR
FLA
PITT
CBJ

After these 11 games, they would have completed 37 games - almost half the season. I'd be happy with 6-5 in these 11 games.

@Throttle - A win against STL would give them a 6-2 record.
Those are all tough games…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad