Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
when i worked in business i was taught a valuable lesson.....results are ALL that matter

i was told to by the owners to make sure there was a plus sign in black ink on the bottom right corner NOT a minus sign in red ink and they told me "they didn't give a shit how i did it"

whatever gets the job done to a satisfactory result is the correct process
not in Lou's world.

Shave those side-burns Mattingly ! MYWAY

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
More Canadian icons, and maybe even more surprised you know THEM than the Hip. Not a huge fan, but did see them live in '90 while at uni.. don't remember much now except for the keyboard player - pretty sure he was on coke, speed and acid.. Never seen a keyboardist before or since with that much energy.. LOL
Rocked out to some Moist last night. 90s band fronted by David Usher. I actually like Usher's solo stuff better. Softer melodies deeper lyrics

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
not in Lou's world.

Shave those side-burns Mattingly ! MYWAY
If you ran a fancy restaurant would you hire a waitress with a nose ring, Tyson-like facial tattoos and piercings in their eyebrows?

Just a matter of where you draw the line. No one is forced to play hockey.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
If you ran a fancy restaurant would you hire a waitress with a nose ring, Tyson-like facial tattoos and piercings in their eyebrows?

Yeah. They just gotta be down low with their deviance. This way you can get the Parcells/Ewbank type boss to sign off on all the drinking, carousing, and drug usage.

JUST SHOW UP READY TO PLAY

Thanks for coming. Arrive home safely.

And thanks...

FOR NOTHING!

Reactions: WangMustGo

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008

I you missed my point. Mike C said "Results is what matters, regardless of how." But in Lou's world, its also commitment to the process, the team, the short hair and no facial hair - it's a culture that isn't about the results.

I have no opinion on Lou's rules. I get why he has them.

Not important enough to discuss further, just clarifying.

Reactions: leeroggy

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I think Lou should make a deal for a winger sooner than later. I said as soon as our D stops scoring we will sink.... We must fill Beau's/Bailey's spot with someone who can skate and snipe. If not, we drift back to a bubble team...
Or said another way.

We are a bubble team and drifted away and now things are returning to normal

Reactions: MarsTBOW

iggy

Aug 2, 2005
Where is Raty? He did not play for Bridgeport tonight. Could something be up ?

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Simpson's reference?
5l1sqaj0hq3a1.png

• Haha
Reactions: MarsTBOW

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
According to Friedman at the intermission of the Leafs game, the Canucks are giving Boeser's agent permission to speak to other teams.

C'mon down Lou Lou.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
According to Friedman at the intermission of the Leafs game, the Canucks are giving Boeser's agent permission to speak to other teams.

C'mon down Lou Lou.
Boeser has 3 years left on his contract, so the GM isn't giving his agent permission to talk to other teams about an extension. It's more like the GM can't find anyone willing to make a deal so he's seeing what the agent can do. You know, like JHS.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Yeah, but... he'd be cheap. And the talent is still there.
He has 3 goals. He can be a lightning rod for the Board and commiserate with the man we lovingly (well, most of us) refer to as Capades

Boeser has 3 years left on his contract, so the GM isn't giving his agent permission to talk to other teams about an extension. It's more like the GM can't find anyone willing to make a deal so he's seeing what the agent can do. You know, like JHS.
Could be that he's doing him a favor and letting be in on picking his destination.

I heard after the new year, the Hawks will show that respect to Kane and Toews also

Reactions: TheWhiteWhale30
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad