Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Sorry Perif, but if I got that stuff wrong on FLN, I should be called out too. Any journalism, even social media, has a level of accuracy that is not negotiable.

I have no problem calling out anyone who's incorrect, but that's really not the issue here. I honestly think many here are upset/disappointed that Lou is seemingly doing basically nothing for another offseason and taking that disappointment out on reporters (who are wrong), but not the real issue.

So call out any reporter you want. Totally agree if they don't get the job done. I'm just wondering when all the, "Let's wait and see how the offseason plays out," Lou stans will also start calling Lou out for not getting the job done.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
That's not necessarily true. Injuries do happen. But I really don't trust Miller in the east. I've seen it.

NYI can't be buyers at the deadline. Forgoing another 1st round pick would be a long-term disaster (unless it's used like it was in the Romanov deal).

Lambert better be okay taking the training wheels off of Barzal. His play will probably be the difference between playoffs, and a deadline sell-off.
Agreed but we need more than Barzal. Add improvements from Palmieri, Wahlstrom, Beau and one or more Dmen and we’re all set.

Easy peasy.

Reactions: saintunspecified

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Screw the rest of the NHL... Play the Kids and let's see what we got.... Tired of being snubbed....

What TF kids are you talking about? Even without Chara/Greene we're one of the oldest teams in the league...With perhaps the worst farm system.

Reactions: isles55

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
What TF kids are you talking about? Even without Chara/Greene we're one of the oldest teams in the league...With perhaps the worst farm system.
What I should have said was, maybe it's time for a Youth Movement.... We need to end trading 1st round picks. Just sick of the nonsense. But we could play Bellows, Wahly, Salo and maybe a Cup of Coffee with Raty to see what we really got. That's WTF I'm talking about....

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Monahan is gonna be a TDL flip for Montreal...

What I think we are gonna do is take a cap dump from another team for an up and coming prospect...something like a forward version of Perunovich (Blues) OR possibly a first rounder for next year.

I think Kadri made a good choice...seriously./.for the AVs AND the Isles, he'd be a solid top 6 centre, BUT for the Flames, he is gonna have at least 2-3 years of top 3 centre play...

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Bloggers making stuff up aside, what has Lou actually said? He said after the season that the team needed a certain kind of player. Didn't he also say he'd like to get 2 LHD, and in a perfect world one of them would be an offensive D? He said something about making a hockey trade rather than signing someone.

I was on board with signing Kadri, even for 7 years. However, if you go to CapFriendly and see that $7,000,000 along the entire top of CGY's page, it kinda makes you not too upset. :laugh:

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Imagine if Lou didn't trade for Pageau, Palmieri, and Romanov and instead traded those 2 or 3 of those 1st rounders for one player.

Reactions: impaaaaaact

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
What I should have said was, maybe it's time for a Youth Movement.... We need to end trading 1st round picks. Just sick of the nonsense. But we could play Bellows, Wahly, Salo and maybe a Cup of Coffee with Raty to see what we really got. That's WTF I'm talking about....

OK, but this team isn't good enough to win a Cup with its vets - Much less "kids." I totally agree to stop trading 1st rounders, but if you play Bellows, Salo, Raty, etc, for any significant length of time this season (much less the playoffs - if we even get there), you might as well start a rebuild.

Reactions: Glorydays22

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
OK, but this team isn't good enough to win a Cup with its vets - Much less "kids." I totally agree to stop trading 1st rounders, but if you play Bellows, Salo, Raty, etc, for any significant length of time this season (much less the playoffs - if we even get there), you might as well start a rebui
Yup, you are right, they are not good enough to win a Cup. It's that middle ground we seem to be stuck in. My frustration is that we seem to not be able to get that Sniper Winger Here for Two Decades now and it seems like Ziggy was the last time we had that Legit Threat every shift from the wing. Have to find top end talent someplace and it seems it must come from the Draft cause this trend of swinging and missing is abysmal...

Reactions: Glorydays22

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Relieved - Never wanted Kadri as he's not good enough and that contract will be scary in a few years.

Sad - Looks like another failed offseason where once again Lou is doing to trot out a "not good enough" lineup in 22-23.

Scared - I'd say this increases the chances of Lou dealing our 2023 1st, and given his penchant for overpaying in deals and our need to replenish the farm system, that's a very bad combo.

yep, I hate losing firsts unless it solidifies a cup run. Are there no suitable backup goaltenders out there to spell Sorokin for 30 games to perhaps get a top line player for Varly? What is Geisser up to?

Reactions: periferal

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Yup, you are right, they are not good enough to win a Cup. It's that middle ground we seem to be stuck in. My frustration is that we seem to not be able to get that Sniper Winger Here for Two Decades now and it seems like Ziggy was the last time we had that Legit Threat every shift from the wing. Have to find top end talent someplace and it seems it must come from the Draft cause this trend of swinging and missing is abysmal...

The middle ground is literally the worst place to be. Aside from the Blues who had the best goalie performance of the past 20 years, every other team that won a Cup sucked to the point of a few top picks before they won the Cup.

Most every time "middling teams" like Columbus, Winnipeg, etc never get close to a Cup.

Reactions: 12Dog and MarsTBOW

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
There are 14 teams over the Cap, so maybe there is a deal that can help. I just can't see trading any more Draft picks....

Reactions: MJF

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
Lou really needed to push hard for either Debrincat or Fiala. It would’ve been difficult considering our lack of cap space, but a core of Barzal, Debrincat/Fiala, Pelech, Pulock, Dobson, and Sorokin would have a cup window for the next five years at least.

Instead, we’re still debating whether or not this team should rebuild.

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
I mean we can't really add that much cap ourselves so I think this is the team most likely maybe a league minimum type signing.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Relieved - Never wanted Kadri as he's not good enough and that contract will be scary in a few years.

Sad - Looks like another failed offseason where once again Lou is doing to trot out a "not good enough" lineup in 22-23.

Scared - I'd say this increases the chances of Lou dealing our 2023 1st, and given his penchant for overpaying in deals and our need to replenish the farm system, that's a very bad combo.

This is so dead on! I'm so scared now what Lou is going to do in a panic. He's going to give up our 1st in 23 and other young pieces and he's going to get ripped off by the likes of Van or Chicago.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Lou really needed to push hard for either Debrincat or Fiala. It would’ve been difficult considering our lack of cap space, but a core of Barzal, Debrincat/Fiala, Pelech, Pulock, Dobson, and Sorokin would have a cup window for the next five years at least.

Instead, we’re still debating whether or not this team should rebuild.

But to do that would have costed our 1st Round Pick and we have that Hole in our D Where Romanov fits....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad