Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
We are gonna sign a 32 year old 3rd liner who at best can give us maybe 2 years of good hockey. By year 4 he will be buried in the AHL along with our chances of the cup. We will be forced to trade prospects to any team that would touch that contract. Ill wait to see the terms, If its a 4-5 yr deal ill be ok with it but its its 7 years 7 Mill per year than Ill politely go back to watching English Premiere League and wishing this team well from afar.
You forgot about the part where Kadri drives a bus full of orphans off a cliff and then jumps up and down in the kitchen when there's a cake in the oven.

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
It’s a discount off the $9M he’s looking for…
If you think he is even worth close to 9m, I don't even know how to respond.

He is basically a decent 50 point center....

Also he will be 39 when his contract is done you think his later years he is worth 9m yet alone 7m during those later years?

Reactions: Glorydays22

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
I dont root for Manchester United mate LOL

Liverpool all the way. If healthy we can win the league and maybe get some additional trophies along the way.

2 years of Good Hockey! You think by 2026-2027 he will be able to perform at that level for that contract? Didnt Andrew Ladd show you anything???

If you're asking if I think Kadri can be a second line player for more than two years? Yes, I do.

Ladd was shot and couldn't skate...Kadri can. Other than age there isn't much to compare between them.

I'd much rather have Kadri @7 million than Lee, but I digress.

It's clear as long as Lou is here, we aren't rebuilding. So, I'll take a better team on ice even if we pay for it later when we need to rebuild anyhow.

It's more surprising to me that Kadri would anchor himself to a team that probably won't be competitive after his first few years, regardless of his play.

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
What player aside from Barzal is putting up 87 points on Colorado?
Have most of these players played in an offensive system? when was the last time any center had either a player as even close as good as Rantanen or Landeskog on their wing? Whoever he played with I am not even sure I can tell you their top 6 is miles ahead of ours and so is the Lightning. They had one of the best offensive's in a while not only from forwards but defense also.

with that question you are suggesting that Kadri would be our best player or right up there with Barzal?

WIll I think Kadri will help? Yeah of course anything to make these shit forwards better but we need more improvements than just him for sure.

Last edited:

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

Also he will be 39 when his contract is done you think his later years he is worth 9m yet alone 7m during those later years?
I thought Lou was supposed to DO SOMETHING!!!

• Haha
Reactions: JKP

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Have most of these players played in an offensive system? when was the last time any center had either a player as even close as good as Rantanen or Landeskog on their wing? Whoever he played with I am not even sure I can tell you their top 6 is miles ahead of ours and so is the Lightning. They had one of the best offensive's in a while not only from forwards but defense also.

with that question you are suggesting that Kadri would be our best player or right up there with Barzal?

WIll I think Kadri will help? Yeah of course anything to make these shit forwards better but we need more improvements than just him for sure.

So in other words even in the most magical of scenario you cannot imagine anyone other than Barzal getting that many points? I cannot either.

Reactions: impaaaaaact

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
So in other words even in the most magical of scenario you cannot imagine anyone other than Barzal getting that many points? I cannot either.
possibly Brock Nelson the almighty number one center on the Islanders (In a contract year, give him a stud player next to him like Ratanen or Landeskog)

I mean I knew our team is made up of mostly third liners and a few second liners sprinkled in. I know 100 percent we need more talent. However Kadri is not really going to move the needle unless we play Trotz style hockey mostly. That is one of the main reasons we got so far in the playoffs. Adding Kadri is just one little piece, have to hope Wahlstrom, Bellows, Ratu step up in the next year or so.

But are you still saying Kadri should be our best or second best player if we sign him? Especially if we sign him until he is 39 for 7 Mill

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
possibly Brock Nelson the almighty number one center on the Islanders (In a contract year, give him a stud player next to him like Ratanen or Landeskog)

I mean I knew our team is made up of mostly third liners and a few second liners sprinkled in.
Look at the value in 'rebuilding' it brings you all these first round picks with this benefit...

Reactions: GOLFWANG

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
I mean we wish to have Avs or Lightning's top 6. The problem is we don't so you can't expect anyone to score 87 points every year on this current Isles team. If you do it is a great year.

4 out of top 6 for Avs were ppg players or better
1 was 10 points off
1 was like 20 points off.

Put Josh Bailey on one of those lines guaranteed he is passing 10 more pucks at least into the net and not looking to shoot on 20 more wide open nets.

Last edited:

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site

Rantanen and Landeskog were Mackinnon's wings, Kadri barely had time with them and definitely not enough to really have a noticeable effect on his production. Kadri spent most of his 5v5 time flanked by Nuke and Burakovsky. Good players, sure, but neither had ever put up high end numbers before last season. And even then, Kadri finished with only 2 fewer 5v5 points than MacKinnon. I think it's completely fair for someone to think no forwards on our team could have replicated that in the same position, other than maybe Barzal.

That said, I do think he will miss playing with Makar at 5v5, not to mention on Colorado's PP, so I don't think he will replicate the same numbers if he ends up here. But I would still expect him to easily be one of our best forwards offensively, and wouldn't even surprised if he were our best. At least until he slows down.

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
Rantanen and Landeskog were Mackinnon's wings, Kadri barely had time with them and definitely not enough to really have a noticeable effect on his production. Kadri spent most of his 5v5 time flanked by Nuke and Burakovsky. Good players, sure, but neither had ever put up high end numbers before last season. And even then, Kadri finished with only 2 fewer 5v5 points than MacKinnon. I think it's completely fair for someone to think no forwards on our team could have replicated that in the same position, other than maybe Barzal.

That said, I do think he will miss playing with Makar at 5v5, not to mention on Colorado's PP, so I don't think he will replicate the same numbers here. But I would still expect him to easily be one of our best forwards offensively, and wouldn't even surprised if he were our best. At least until he slows down.
Then I am wrong if that is true, I was going off some sites from the playoffs what the lines were seems like it was mixed in the playoffs unless those sites were wrong and read that he played with Rantanen somewhere. I am also sure he got powerplay time too. I agree that he won't be as good here. He is a second line center at best which is still great for this team as a piece but we do still need more higher end pieces.

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS

HE is looking for that. I didn’t say he was worth it. He thinks he’s worth 9M. If he signs for 7M then he’s giving a discount already. From HIS point of view.

Reactions: Mike C

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
Well at least if we sign Kadri

he can bond with Barzal as they both had the great old Leo as a linemate.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I mean we wish to have Avs or Lightning's top 6. The problem is we don't so you can't expect anyone to score 87 points every year on this current Isles team. If you do it is a great year.

4 out of top 6 for Avs were ppg players or better
1 was 10 points off
1 was like 20 points off.

Put Josh Bailey on one of those lines guaranteed he is passing 10 more pucks at least into the net and not looking to shoot on 20 more wide open nets.
Yes to A, No to B

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

I mean I knew our team is made up of mostly third liners and a few second liners sprinkled in. I know 100 percent we need more talent. However Kadri is not really going to move the needle unless we play Trotz style hockey mostly. That is one of the main reasons we got so far in the playoffs. Adding Kadri is just one little piece, have to hope Wahlstrom, Bellows, Ratu step up in the next year or so.

But are you still saying Kadri should be our best or second best player if we sign him? Especially if we sign him until he is 39 for 7 Mill

So what is the next course of action? I think it is an acceptable point of view to believe "man Kadri should be awesome here the next three years, let's worry about the rest when that time comes."

This team is in a position where they need to compete now. Would you agree this team likely rebuilds towards the end of the Kadri contract? I would say so. If that is true the Kadri contract is either one of two things:

1.) traded if we are still competing
2.) we are in a rebuild and have no need to get rid of his contract

Reactions: ScaredStreit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad