Roster Building XX: How Many Patents Does Your GM Have?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
How do the Canes feel about Orlov this season? Do you need to move off his contract to keep younger players and resign Guentzel.
What do you view his trade value? Do you need to pay teams with cap space to take him?

BadgerCane58

Jul 10, 2023
I’m thinking of getting that 2C. Necas + KK to Utah for Schmaltz. Schmaltz plays on the PP and the PK, makes $5.8 per. He’s always in the top 6 averaging almost a point a game. He’s 28 years old. His drawback has been staying healthy. He is exactly what the Canes need…..PLUS, he was born and grew up in my home town, Madison, Wi. His dad and uncle ran a strength conditioning/power skating program on Monroe St. near Camp Randall Stadium. This was around 2000-01, as my son participated 2 summers in a row, when he was preparing for HS Hockey. Both Schmaltz dad’s were there for the duration and very approachable. The schmaltz boys were probably around 6-8 years old. I still remember them running around the place.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I’m thinking of getting that 2C. Necas + KK to Utah for Schmaltz. Schmaltz plays on the PP and the PK, makes $5.8 per. He’s always in the top 6 averaging almost a point a game. He’s 28 years old. His drawback has been staying healthy. He is exactly what the Canes need…..PLUS, he was born and grew up in my home town, Madison, Wi. His dad and uncle ran a strength conditioning/power skating program on Monroe St. near Camp Randall Stadium. This was around 2000-01, as my son participated 2 summers in a row, when he was preparing for HS Hockey. Both Schmaltz dad’s were there for the duration and very approachable. The schmaltz boys were probably around 6-8 years old. I still remember them running around the place.
Schmaltz hasn’t been a center in some time

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
How do the Canes feel about Orlov this season? Do you need to move off his contract to keep younger players and resign Guentzel.
What do you view his trade value? Do you need to pay teams with cap space to take him?
No, we do not need or want to move him and we’re certainly not paying to do so. We are potentially already losing 4 of our top 7. We will not make it 5. He has just one more year under contract, anyway, and was overall pretty good for us.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I mean I thought he was pretty good for what we brought him in to be this year, and it usually takes defensemen a while to adjust to our system. That said, there are some who are absolutely hell bent on trading him away in here.

Reactions: Chrispy

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
How about Necas and KK to Vancouver for a signed Lindholm?
giphy.gif

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Darren Dreger says Montreal is right up there with Vancouver with interest in Necas. Would David Reinbacher make sense? Idk if Montreal would do it or not but they have a few interesting pieces

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Darren Dreger says Montreal is right up there with Vancouver with interest in Necas. Would David Reinbacher make sense? Idk if Montreal would do it or not but they have a few interesting pieces
Montreal wouldn't do it. Most of the pieces that would interest us are pieces that they wouldn't trade.

And most of the pieces they would offer would get a response of "that's not even a good offer for Jack Drury"

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I've looked at Montreal's roster and system a few times because I've seen them mentioned as having interest and I just can't find the right assets that we'd want and I think are realistic for Montreal to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad