Roster Building XX: How Many Patents Does Your GM Have?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Reinhart shot very high and had about 14 more goals than expected. great player but 10.5-11 million though?
Lindholm is aiming for fringe 1C pay when he is a 2C
Stamkos: i would be pretty surprised if he left TB.
Marchessault: dont know if he leaves VGK but that deal wont age well at all, he is already 33.5.
Duchene: too many red flags for that guy
Monahan: red flags too. too many injuries and fades in the playoffs
Tarasenko: not a style fit
Mittlestadt: he is an RFA
Toffoli: too slow for our style and fades in the playoffs. perimeter based player
Bertuzzi: middle six guy who couldnt look good on toronto
Debrusk: he would be an interesting choice. what debrusk do we get though? motivated or unmotivated?
Kane: pass, not effort defensively
Mantha: little effort on the ice. softest big guy.
Duclair hasnt dont much in the playoffs as the game gets tighter and he cant use his speed.
Stephenson: defense isnt great and isnt a shoot kind of player. He had just 4 more shots than Turbo this year. FOS are good but he is already 30.
Perron would be a PP addition but his 5v5 fit wouldnt be pretty bad.

honestly most of this list isnt good.
Every player in the league has warts.

With an outlook like this no one would ever get signed.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Reinhart shot very high and had about 14 more goals than expected. great player but 10.5-11 million though?
Marchessault: dont know if he leaves VGK but that deal wont age well at all, he is already 33.5.
Toffoli: too slow for our style and fades in the playoffs. perimeter based player
Debrusk: he would be an interesting choice. what debrusk do we get though? motivated or unmotivated?
Duclair hasnt dont much in the playoffs as the game gets tighter and he cant use his speed.
Stephenson: defense isnt great and isnt a shoot kind of player. He had just 4 more shots than Turbo this year. FOS are good but he is already 30.

Obviously some of these guys are going to get a few big ole contracts. While each player has his defects. I’d definitely take a lot of these guys on a short term contract. I think a few will sit on the market for a bit, can be brought in as a value add if we still need to fill out our cap space

Reactions: WreckingCrew

ElmCityGuy

Apr 20, 2023

GOD : Too demanding

Jesus : likes to wear sandals instead of skates.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
next year's FA class has better options for us than this year's class IMO. Albeit early and unsure who makes it to actual FA.

Reactions: DaveG

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
More Necas talk (26mins in):

2 more teams thrown out by Seravalli with interest - St Louis and Chicago

Says Canes might be interested in a package of picks (maybe plus roster player) not 100% clear on that, which would contradict LeBrun

Says Vancouver probably doesn’t want to pony up

Poo poos Montreal a bit

Mentions Columbus again

Mentions that one NHL exec considers Necas more of a game-breaker than Jarvis

I wonder if they’re after Kent Johnson+ from CBJ

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I agree. On the flipside, I always felt that Waddell was LeBrun's source within Carolina. Totally unfounded speculation, but that was always what I thought. With Waddell now gone I wonder how it changes the "insider" dynamics.
I've been wondering about this too. Given the front office change and the fact there seems to be varying info on this situation out there on any given day I wonder who proves to really be connected to our current setup. Or are they all just picking stuff up from the other sides involved (teams and agents) and trying to piece it together the best they can?

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Unless we are flipping picks for established players, I doubt we are looking for pick only trades for Necas.
And the Borg had trouble executing the back half of multi-move flips in the past (moving Faulk with 4 RD on the team, for instance) when they still had a front-facing GM.

I wouldn't be relying on taking picks and flipping them for a need right now. If you can't get what you want directly from a Necas trade, just keep him for another year (or more. More is good.)

ElmCityGuy

Apr 20, 2023
I think if the Canes don't get a top 6 forward for Necas then it's a disappointment. I'm not a fan of trading him for picks. Of course I will admit that I'm a total idiot on most things especially on making a hockey trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad