Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXIV: Walk the line into the ring of fire

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miz

Jun 2, 2011
I wouldn't want to move him, but it makes sense to move ADA. Not only for salary cap reasons, but for expansion draft purposes as well. This time next year, we lose ADA or Lindgren (if we go the 7-3-1 route)

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I wouldn't want to move him, but it makes sense to move ADA. Not only for salary cap reasons, but for expansion draft purposes as well. This time next year, we lose ADA or Lindgren (if we go the 7-3-1 route)

It makes sense to trade DeAngelo so we don't lose Lindgren?

Reactions: UnSandvich

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
The funny thing is that in the D zone, handedness means almost nothing because of cycling and scrambling. Where it tends to come into play is in the offensive zone. Being on the forehand along the boards makes things a little quicker and more seamless.

Reactions: egelband

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.

It's quite possible that Skjei could be traded by that point. Protect Trouba (NMC), ADA, and Lindgren. I believe Fox is exempt (right?). Staal and Smith are done at that point.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
With all the optimism in this thread for the team and where it is I hope that it also carries over to recognize the overall very good job Quinn has done this year and that maybe everyone bickering and those wanting him fired at the start of the year needed to just take a deep breath and let a coach that was hired to develop do just what he was hired for.

A LOT of our players have taken positive steps the past two years.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
This is a question for Edge when he sees it. I’ve heard that the Rangers and CK are ok with 6 years but the only hurdle that remains is money. Is that something you have heard too? If that is true I think the chances of him signing are a bit better. If he was dead set on 7 there no way that would have happened

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I don't see this team through the same color glasses as others. We're 4 back and now we're contenders?

All I see is a team that just cannot defend. AT ALL

Right now Shesty is looking like a young Hank... fantastic with almost zero help in front of him.

Reactions: Minmonster and NikC

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
LD is pretty tough for a righty. PP sure, it can be done with switches and movement. 5v5. tougher.

we will hamstring a high end player with backhands and playing/receiving pucks on the wrong side.

his effectiveness will suffer. a high end player will be neutered

bad idea.

Reactions: Michal

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I don't see this team through the same color glasses as others. We're 4 back and now we're contenders?

All I see is a team that just cannot defend. AT ALL

Right now Shesty is looking like a young Hank... fantastic with almost zero help in front of him.

earlier in the season I would agree but the past month or so the team defense has improved exponentially.

Shesterkin got plenty of help last night. Problem was they took too many penalties.

Also they’ve been one of the best PK units in the league over what has been a pretty good stretch. That’s more than just the goalie

as far as playoffs go for me it’s not a line in the sand for this teams development, it’s all icing for what has been a sucessful development year.

They are playing meaningful games and breaking franchise road win records in the process. It isn’t just hype. Cup contenders? No. But why not get the experience if you can sneak in. Very valuable.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
They're obviously going to have to make a move to address the LD situation even if they flip DeAngelo over there long term.

3LD they can fill internally, so many options there that I'm confident SOMEONE will emerge. 1LD and 2 2nd/3rd line tweener bodies are what I'm looking for outside of the organization (if Kreider stays and Fast goes, if they both go that changes things a bit.)

Reactions: NYRangers16

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I think Lindgren playing better has made it easier to management when it comes to any decision to move Skjei

I know Edge talked about a reluctance to move him because of worry about who would shoulder the minutes on the left. But, it is clear that the Lindgren-Fox pairing has done nothing but excel.

Reactions: bleedblue94

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
Protecting Trouba, Lindgren, and ADA is very easily the correct decision for the expansion draft. Expose Skjei and hope Seattle picks up the contract or let them take a kid like Hajek if he's still in the organization. There's absolutely no need to make a move so that Seattle doesn't select a specific player.

Assuming everyone is still here (not counting anyone that's on an expiring contract this season besides ADA/Lemieux), this is what I could imagine:

F: Panarin, Mika, Buch, Chytil, Lemieux --> two remaining spots can go to one of Kreider/Strome and Gauthier

D: Trouba, ADA, Lindgren

G: Georgiev

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse

this is just awful logic.

its also flawed.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think Lindgren playing better has made it easier to management when it comes to any decision to move Skjei

I know Edge talked about a reluctance to move him because of worry about who would shoulder the minutes on the left. But, it is clear that the Lindgren-Fox pairing has done nothing but excel.

They've started to shoulder more of the tougher minutes lately.

I dunno when or how it happened, but Lindgren because a beast on our PK.

Reactions: BLEETCH1994

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
LD is pretty tough for a righty. PP sure, it can be done with switches and movement. 5v5. tougher.

we will hamstring a high end player with backhands and playing/receiving pucks on the wrong side.

bad idea.
What's the alternative? Trade Trouba? He didn't like playing on the left side already. Trade ADA? Trade Fox? Trade Lundkvist for a LHD?

There's one idea that keeps all of the pieces and it involves someone moving to the left side.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
DeAngelo may be able to play on the left in spurts but there’s zero shot they decide to do it long term
How many games has he played as LD? Why is he supposed to be a good LD if he has played as RD so far? Can righty Dman be a good LD? How many righty DMen play in the leauge as 1LD?

The reports were not that he was “able to play LD in spurts” but that he excelled at LD with Sarnia.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn

bad idea.
How is it that he was better than fine playing LD in the OHL but in the NHL he’d be hamstrung and neutered?

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
yes, and 8,5 million dollars would go away from him. It's huge amount of real money. It would be dumb decision from his point of view. I don't believe it will happen.

Just to be fair, Hank's salary would be 4.5m for next season, not 8.5m.

Henrik Lundqvist - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

If I get it right, Hank will have been paid 55m of his 59.5m contract by the end of this season.

*Unless, the signing bonus is to be considered. Then it's 5.5m next year and 54 out of 59.5.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad