Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I think Strome is gone … they know what he is and what he isn’t …

Barron Gone

Lundkvist Gone

Gauthier Gone

Georgiev Gone

#1 pick Gone

Matt Robertson Gone

Kravstsov Gone

Possibly gone;
Kakko Othman

Big big changes are coming by the 22nd vs Jersey .

Dolan stopped the rebuild when he sht canned the JD experience.

Welcome to foot down on the pedal Stanley Cup drive hockey.

Jim Dolan wants a ring - soon.
This is....absurd

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Comtois would be interesting. His TOI is up pretty significantly the last 3-4 games by about 4-5 minutes compared to his average this year. Maybe that’s because Rakell is out or maybe he’s being showcased. I thought he looked good tonight

Please God no.

I wouldnt be able to handle Sam yelling "CUM TWAAA" every game

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah, you're right. I would like it a bit more if it were closer to 5 instead of 6 but it's not terrible. I like Karlsson a lot, even when he's not scoring 40 goals lol. He's a shot generator, he plays with good pace and he's a terrific defensive center. He'd be a great 2c behind Mika. I really wonder what he would cost in a trade. Vegas is clearly not rebuilding so moving Karlsson would need to bring a good player back who can step into the lineup. Would Chytil+ be the basis for a return or would they need a more established guy?

I've often made the argument that these longer term deals are actually going to become better and better as time moves on. The salary cap will be static for another couple of seasons but beyond that, it's going to jump quickly. It's part of the reason I'm less concerned with handing out longer term deals to guys like Goodrow, or Lehkonen if they can acquire him, because by years 2-3 the cap will jump and those deals will look like very good value for what they bring and therefore moving them, if needed, will be less of a concern.

Here's another kicker with Karlsson. He gives a list of 10 teams who he would NOT be allowed to be traded to. That list probably includes at least a few of the already small quantity of teams who would both be interested in him, have the cap space to acquire him and NOT have to send back cap the other way. That's the tricky part for Vegas, they can't really accept much cap back.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I’ve returned to edit the title of this post. I believe this is a must watch video for the average NHL fan. It is packed with all I can imagine we would need to know about the trade deadline

Hockey Insider Frank Seravalli and NHL Player Agent Allan Walsh talk 2022 NHL Trade Deadline.

Last edited:

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I was mainly thinking he would be inexpensive depth in lieu of guys like McKegg, Gauthier, and others for a few years.
If he is, then yeah, I'd be all for it. He's good for that type of player.

As far as I can tell, he has a bit of that "Swiss army knife" reputation and I figured he'd be a bit pricey for what we're getting.

Reactions: NYR Viper

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
A lot of posters here are genuinely insufferable so it wouldn’t surprise me
Well, I mean when you can't even enjoy a win because a color-coded pie chart suggests you should lose and you're all hung up on that instead of the win, there's a major problem. Teams that are good win games in every which way possible, not just when they outshoot the opponent or play sexy Florida Panthers drag race hockey. Saw the Lafreniere thread bumpin again after last night. Not even going to go into there.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You didn't answer the question. Has Panarin lived up to expectations and his contract in his tenure with the Rangers?
His tenure as a whole, I would say yes.

This year, he's been a black hole at even strength and that's not acceptable no matter how many points he puts up. He has the capability to do much better.

Reactions: leetch99

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY

Barron Gone

Lundkvist Gone

Gauthier Gone

Georgiev Gone

#1 pick Gone

Matt Robertson Gone

Kravstsov Gone

Possibly gone;
Kakko Othman

Let it all out sweetie

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Also, I don't know the extent to which we can trade McKegg out of the lineup. I think it'll be like when Gorton tried and failed to trade Glass out of the lineup.

The Rangers like McKegg.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well, I mean when you can't even enjoy a win because a color-coded pie chart suggests you should lose and you're all hung up on that instead of the win, there's a major problem. Teams that are good win games in every which way possible, not just when they outshoot the opponent or play sexy Florida Panthers drag race hockey. Saw the Lafreniere thread bumpin again after last night. Not even going to go into there.
I can buy that good teams find ways to win even when it's not dominant, sexy hockey but when do the Rangers ever do the latter?

NikC

Oct 7, 2008

Barron Gone

Lundkvist Gone

Gauthier Gone

Georgiev Gone

#1 pick Gone

Matt Robertson Gone

Kravstsov Gone

Possibly gone;
Kakko Othman

Bro... you're scaring me here.

"
Possibly gone;
Kakko Othman "

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I can buy that good teams find ways to win even when it's not dominant, sexy hockey but when do the Rangers ever do the latter?
They need better players haha. You don't think if they had some solid supporting players lining up with Panarin, Chytil, etc, that they'd be better offensively? Losing Buch, Krav, Kakko, Blais did not help. Brodzinski is a nice fill-in guy, Gauthier is a straight-line player, McKegg is an AHL top-liner, Reaves is a 4th line bruiser, and Goodrow makes the rest of them look inferior. Winning now with what they have should be impressive to many. They need to fill some holes now. Do it right and they have a shot at a Cup in a couple of years. The hardest things to find they have.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Thats because bums like you pay to read his crap. He doesn't have sources inside the organization anymore. Hasn't for years. Everything he states is pure speculation and sorry not an isles fan but a devils fan. He worked for them through the 80's and early 90's.

All of our beat writers are either fans of other teams or are just starting out in Mollie and haven't been able to get her sources yet.

But you guys go on and pay and read his nonsense.
Idk what you’re trying to get at with most of this post. I don’t pay for the Post but will occasionally read his articles from time to time so 🤷‍♂️

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They need better players haha. You don't think if they had some solid supporting players lining up with Panarin, Chytil, etc, that they'd be better offensively? Losing Buch, Krav, Kakko, Blais did not help. Brodzinski is a nice fill-in guy, Gauthier is a straight-line player, McKegg is an AHL top-liner, Reaves is a 4th line bruiser, and Goodrow makes the rest of them look inferior. Winning now with what they have should be impressive to many. They need to fill some holes now. Do it right and they have a shot at a Cup in a couple of years. The hardest things to find they have.
It isn't a personnel issue.

The biggest problem we have as that we parted the seas for Kakko and Lafreniere to be consistent top 6 players and they haven't really stepped into it. Chytil sucks. We didn't lose Kravtsov so much as we bungled it. This keeps happening.

Every forward we have either can't score or scores a ton at the expense of everything else. It's happened too many times to be the players.

I'm not saying we couldn't use an acquisition or that it couldn't help short-term, but we're not going to see real change until the Rangers figure out why they keep poisoning the well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad