Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
WPG beating VGK 6-3.

That will bring them 2 pts behind Vegas with a game in hand.

If I were a betting man, Vegas is not making the playoffs.

Panic time in Vegas, lets take advantage

Ive said it before here but there are just some players that teams have a hard time winning with, Eichel may be one, I'm suspect of Hall as well, Duchesne is one, not sure if its fair and I've always been a fan of his but Giroux might be another.

Reactions: leetch99

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Please list some of the bullet points for those of us who no longer subscribe.
Here’s a small tidbit -
It was April 2, 2014 — J.T. Miller’s second pro season — and the New York Rangers were fed up.

Miller had missed curfew on the road in Vancouver. He was sent home early on a lonely commercial flight and demoted to Hartford for the sixth time that season as punishment.

“AV (Alain Vigneault) came out with a quote in the media that if I don’t figure it out on and off the ice I’ll be nothing but an AHL player or something along those lines and that hurt,” Miller said to The Athletic. “In a nutshell, it was: ‘Get your shit together, it’s time to be a pro here. You’re not a baby anymore.’ I was supposed to be taking the next step and I wasn’t.

“I was mad at the time. Looking now at it, for him to say that publicly, I don’t think that was out of line.”
It’s a fantastic article On his journey from New York to Tampa, to vancouver

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Ive said it before here but there are just some players that teams have a hard time winning with, Eichel may be one, I'm suspect of Hall as well, Duchesne is one, not sure if its fair and I've always been a fan of his but Giroux might be another.
Eichel the player isn't the reason that team is losing right now. Eichel's contract is.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
It isn't a personnel issue.

The biggest problem we have as that we parted the seas for Kakko and Lafreniere to be consistent top 6 players and they haven't really stepped into it. Chytil sucks. We didn't lose Kravtsov so much as we bungled it. This keeps happening.

Every forward we have either can't score or scores a ton at the expense of everything else. It's happened too many times to be the players.

I'm not saying we couldn't use an acquisition or that it couldn't help short-term, but we're not going to see real change until the Rangers figure out why they keep poisoning the well.

This may be the most frustrating thing as a fan.

Here we are in 2022, 2 years removed from finally winning not one, but TWO lotteries and finally having the chance to draft the top offensive talents available in the draft - and we are talking about adding forward depth and 5 on 5 scoring.

I've been the first to preach patience, but if Kakko and Laf were hitting their projections from when they were drafted. Not even overly-hyped projections, just the status quo conservative expectations - where would this team be right now?

To your point - it needs to be figured out. I'm not sure if we will ever really understand if its the player, the coaching, the lineup preventing them from getting PP time. It really doesnt matter.

However- if Drury does find a way to strengthen the bottom 6 and the defense in a deal - and its one that keeps said players past this season - if both Kakko and Laf are "late bloomers" - it may be a blessing in disguise. Especially since their contracts wont be inflated off the bat.

But overall I agree with your statement. The trade deadline isnt where this team is going to be changed into a real contender. There are other more fundamental issues that need to be resolved, especially in the top 6.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Eichel the player isn't the reason that team is losing right now. Eichel's contract is.
Sometimes the wrong guy in a dressingroom is a killer, been a part of a few teams that one guy can just poison the whole group, make it less fun and more of a chore to come to the rink. His contract is decent if he actually produces and lifts players up around him.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
@will1066

More Quinn memes forthcoming.

5387496921001_6153530042001_6153528031001-vs-385x385.jpg

Thanks for the shout-out. I try to stay humble here and not call attention to myself. I'm proud to have coached the team at the Olympics and now continue at the Men's Worlds, and getting a chance to imprint my brand of north-south hockey and extremely personal mentoring on the young guys.

Reactions: TheDirtyH and effen

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I'm sure Miller has grown a lot as a person but the main difference between his headline production "breaking out" from 2015-18 with the NYR to now with the Canucks is he is getting 2+ min more of PP time / game...

Reactions: Tob and Guyute

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
This should cost a 3rd or a 4th. A good depth piece who can complement any line. I like this a lot for a rental and under the radar pick up

Reactions: Section311
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad