Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
You get all worked up when Larry is referenced or mentioned, as well as jumping on multiple posters including myself for simply discussing what he's writing about. Why such vitriol toward the guy & why can't we discuss it without you blowing a gasket?

Because what he is writing has no legs and people run with it because they believe he is an actual beat writer. He hasnt been for years, he writes editorial pieces that have nothing to do with facts.

My problem is that your discussing absolute nonsense from him and then it gets run as a rumor on here and im sick and tired of seeing his bull posted. If you want to post it, post it as an opinion.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Sometimes the wrong guy in a dressingroom is a killer, been a part of a few teams that one guy can just poison the whole group, make it less fun and more of a chore to come to the rink. His contract is decent if he actually produces and lifts players up around him.
It's the salary cap killing that dressing room.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Well, I mean when you can't even enjoy a win because a color-coded pie chart suggests you should lose and you're all hung up on that instead of the win, there's a major problem. Teams that are good win games in every which way possible, not just when they outshoot the opponent or play sexy Florida Panthers drag race hockey. Saw the Lafreniere thread bumpin again after last night. Not even going to go into there.
It's a fad and in ten year we will have people with a totally different angle spamming threads.

For those of us who actually do real scientific research with quantitative methodology, a lot of the evidence that gets tossed around by Vally and others on twitter would quite literally never clear peer review. I'd desk reject a lot of it just based on over zealous assumptions.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Creepingjeff

Mar 4, 2016
Really like Vatrano as an addition. Clearly Florida is gearing up for a big move and needed the cap space. Giving up a 4th is absolutely nothing at all. He has always had good possession stats. He has an unbelievably good shot. Almost all of his points this year are at even strength. From watching him, he doesn't seem like a disaster in his own zone. I don't know if he can play RW, but even if not, he could make a pretty strong 3rd line with Goodrow and Chytl.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Here’s a small tidbit -
It was April 2, 2014 — J.T. Miller’s second pro season — and the New York Rangers were fed up.

Miller had missed curfew on the road in Vancouver. He was sent home early on a lonely commercial flight and demoted to Hartford for the sixth time that season as punishment.

It’s a fantastic article On his journey from New York to Tampa, to vancouver
Can someone translate this and send it to Kravtsov?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

Georgiev to Vegas for the Rangers 3rd round pick in 2022. Ryan Reaves trade. Put conditions into the deal. If Vegas makes the playoffs and gets on a run with Georgiev appearing/starting in 75% of the games, the Rangers get a higher pick. If Vegas makes the WCF, the pick becomes a 2nd in 2022 or 2024. Vegas sent their 2nd in 2023 to Buffalo. If Vegas reaches the Stanley Cup finals, the pick becomes a #1 pick in 2023,

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I'm impressed with HF, I don't think I've seen a move universally praised like this almost ever. Del Zotto-Klein maybe?

Reactions: Daves a mess
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad