Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Panarin has been flying recently, so I think that line stays together.

Just keep everything as it was last night and replace Goat with Vatrano on the left side with McKegg and Reaves. Start and go from there.

Maybe shift Goodrow to RW and give him a look with him and Fil.
Gauthier was on the 4th line last night though, I wonder if they swap Vatrano in for Brodzinski.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Posting Canucks writers and rumormongers are now prohibited. There have been more "connected" and "rumored" and "interested in" from those 3 or 4 Canucks "writers" or "reporters" than all 31 other teams combined. Dwalihwal has his own talk show for 3 hours a day or something like that. He's straight up lying through his teeth and making things up that can't be disproven and makes sense.

Reactions: Alluckks

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
In all the mocks around here, did anyone have the Rangers buying from a contender looking to shed cap space for a bigger move? Kudos to Drury for thinking outside the box.
I think the rumor that drury had made it clear he was willing to facilitate a deal gave me a hint we could do something like this. But there were no rumors which is a good sign.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Khubalik's first three seasons thus far eerily parallel Prucha's:

Nationality: same

Khubalik:
185GP 58G 105P

Prucha:
209GP 59G 104P

He's all yours Oilers/Anaheim

I mean, he'd get to play with Drai or McDavid. Not really much difference with Prucha getting tap ins from Jagr.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
So...First trade goes down and it's a player that nobody saw coming. Not one beat writer. Not one blogger. Not one insider. Only thing I did see was that the Rangers were scouting the Panther games.

From a value perspective, win Chris Drury. Added a potential 20 goal scorer for a 4th round pick. Rangers still have another 4th rounder in 2022.
From a hockey perspective, i have no idea where they are going to play Vatrano or how he is going to fit.

Don't like expiring assets at the deadline. But, in this case I think it's a good move. No rush in re signing him. If he pans out, do it in the off season. If not didn't really give up anything.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
68x5gy.jpg

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I'd like to know whether we inquired about Tippett as part of a bigger deal from the Panthers. Although wouldn't be shocked to learn that his price wasn't one Drury wanted to pay

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
One thing with Gallant is that if you work, you will be given a chance. Brodzinski works. Hunt works. McKegg works. These guys aren't super skilled, but they skate, are aggressive, and will do what is asked. I think he is going to be a fan of Vatrano.

It's weird Barron hasn't caught on in that regard, but it makes sense why Gauthier is in and out of the lineup. Inconsistent effort. Vatrano does those things and he can shoot. Have a feeling he'll be moving up the lineup if guys don't give it that 100%.

It was something Torts really harped on while on the team. It's cause he was a worker. Gallant was more talented, but he was also a workman type player. Difference was he knows the extremely talented guys don't have to do that 100%, but gets them to buy in.

Keep the top 6 as is. Goodrow-Chytil-Vatrano 3rd line and Brodzinski-McKegg-Reaves for tomorrow.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I'd like to know whether we inquired about Tippett as part of a bigger deal from the Panthers. Although wouldn't be shocked to learn that his price wasn't one Drury wanted to pay

Not sure what the Rangers have and would be willing to give away for him.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
When healthy:

Kreider-Z-Laf
Panarin-Strome-KK
Vatrano-Chytil-Goodrow
Brod-Rooney-Reaves

Wonder if they could/will package Goat and Georgiev for something. Edmonton? Buffalo? Arizona? Vegas?

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
More people in this thread need to resign to the fact that no one will trade for Georgiev when he's a flaming dumpster and we'll eventually move his RFA rights to a team in need of a goalie for a 6th round pick on the 2nd day of the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad