Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I'm saying that Hunt and Gauthier are both dime a dozen players who could both be replaced easily and neither would be missed. Has Panarin not lived up to expectations and his contract in his 3 seasons as a Ranger?
Sure...if it is only measured by points . If you measure it by playoff points...it's about 23 million for 2 points so far . ;)

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Giordano healthy scratch in what is supposed to be his 1000th game, rumors hes going back to Calgary. Can the Rangers take on Zadorov to facilitate like they just did with Vatrano?

Reactions: NYR Viper

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
In classic Rangers tradition, whenever it appears to be the year for a homegrown minors player to step into the bottom 6, he's really 2 years away from being swapped for another team's tweener who will be out of the organization in another 2 years.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Because what he is writing has no legs and people run with it because they believe he is an actual beat writer. He hasnt been for years, he writes editorial pieces that have nothing to do with facts.

My problem is that your discussing absolute nonsense from him and then it gets run as a rumor on here and im sick and tired of seeing his bull posted. If you want to post it, post it as an opinion.

I never posted anything from him...you jumped all over me in a different thread simply for replying to someone who brought him up. Maybe lighten up a tad....just sayin.

Regardless, with the latest trade you can see that none of our local guys have any inside info with Drury. I take them all with a grain of salt, but it does no harm to discuss the chatter here & there.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Sure...if it is only measured by points . If you measure it by playoff points...it's about 23 million for 2 points so far . ;)
Points are a big measurement of production and value. You still need to score to win. He also has 28 points in 30 playoff games when things get tighter. I'm sure he will continue to produce in the playoffs.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Wow! Maybe the want the new club to give him that welcome?

Possibly. The timing gives a lot of credence to the Calgary rumors imo but i would def take him here in a heartbeat. I think the last few weeks have made clear the Rangers need for a top 4 capable defenseman, especially with the top forwards off the market. Give me Gio or Hampus. Chiarot i would take as well but not for a 1st.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Adding Vatrano to the mix on par with Drury's gameplan. Adding gritty physical players to the roster. Every move he made had the same taste to it.

Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Chariot ends up here. Fits the mold of what he has been doing. Personally i dont like the rental player shit, but just saying. That's the type of moves he has made so far.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Giordano healthy scratch in what is supposed to be his 1000th game, rumors hes going back to Calgary. Can the Rangers take on Zadorov to facilitate like they just did with Vatrano?
Seattle fan here.

That's not his 1000th game, he's already played that a couple of games ago at Washington on March 5th.
It's the celebration for game #1000 and he'll be held out as a precaution for a potential trade.

Also, Calgary's one of the worst potential trade partners for us and doesn't have the cap room or need for him right now.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Possibly. The timing gives a lot of credence to the Calgary rumors imo but i would def take him here in a heartbeat. I think the last few weeks have made clear the Rangers need for a top 4 capable defenseman, especially with the top forwards off the market. Give me Gio or Hampus. Chiarot i would take as well but not for a 1st.

CGY doesn't have a 1st in this years draft. I would assume that's what Seattle wants in return. He is 38 though. I mean...that's old to be eating pucks still. They do have a 2nd though (Panthers).

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I’d have to imagine both Seattle and Montreal are waiting for the other to trade their rental defenseman. If Chariot goes for less than a 1st, Giordano certainly won’t bring one back

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

Thrilled with Mika and his 2 good knees at 8.5x8 compared to Hertl at 8x8. Very good player who has never produced at the level Mika has. Makes Mika's deal look like a steal.

Why don’t players in this situation just agree to be traded and then just resign in the off-season? I feel like this never happens, even though it seems to be the best for all parties.

Reactions: Glen Sathers Cigar

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
@McRanger92

Francis is supposedly looking for a first round pick(and willing to retain 50%), but I guess everyone is at this point of the season.

Though, I think a 2nd rounder + late round pick or (solid)prospect is more likely.

Reactions: McRanger92

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
LET THE MAGIC BEGIN!

DruryMagic.jpg

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
So I wonder if this is the only forward add the NYR make? I suppose it kind of depends on what the real story is with the health of Kakko / Rooney,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad