Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
There was a Stepan super fan who used to post here who was also great but he got run off these boards.
How/why does someone get "run off the boards"? What was the offense, considering there's more than a few polarizing characters are here these days.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
I'm guessing his sources stopped talking.

He had a few sports memorabilia stores (may still have them) and would have players come through for signings. Always assumed that he developed relationships with them and people that he had to speak in order to get them booked and would grab info that way.

He obviously tried to keep the reputation as an insider going after losing contacts (and came up with some goofy stuff) which was only accentuated by his grammar and spelling for some pretty hilarious memes in this place (Matt's Zuccarello is my all time favorite.) I personally never had an issue with the guy, but he asked for the flack that he got/gets.

But he was reliable at one point, way more than some of the other "insiders" who have rolled through here.

For the newbies: Edge and BBKers (especially when drunk) are the only guys you want to listen to. There was a Stepan super fan who used to post here who was also great but he got run off these boards.
how can you forget him calling every Euro player "Boris Grabbyass"?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I love the Vatrano trade. It’s a 4th round pick for a legit middle-6 winger. That’s a trade that makes sense.

A lot of the names you’ve been peddling have too much term and we simply don’t have the space for them. Like Lindholm? How are we extending him? Why even entertain the idea of acquiring him when he doesn’t put us over the top?

Lehkonen is another name you’ve brought up a number of times that I can get down with for the right price, but he’s another player we might not be able to extend this summer.

It’s the bigger names that a lot of posters (not just you) keep discussing that set me off. That, and a lot of liquor.
I've never brought up Lindholm and said he'd cost too much

Lehkonen, depending on his term, is doable and fills a massive need

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
how about a new contract pre trade using strome money
Who's going to be our 2nd center? Chytil? We dont have the cap space to get another high paid defensemen and a 2nd line center. (next season)

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Who's going to be our 2nd center? Chytil? We dont have the cap space to get another high paid defensemen and a 2nd line center. (next season)
It's gonna be Chytil, Goodrow or a ELC we traded for in the offseason.

Maybe try to find a Hartman type who can center 2 skilled wingers

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
It's gonna be Chytil, Goodrow or a ELC we traded for in the offseason.

Maybe try to find a Hartman type who can center 2 skilled wingers
I just dont think its an upgrade. I dont think Chytil can handle 2nd line duties. I also dont think teams are going to be trading high upside centers unless we pay a lot. I know people are down on Lindgren, but I dont think its worth upgrading our D at the cost of a better center.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

You can if one or the other is on an affordable second contract and you aren’t afraid of moving some guys or letting others walk (lindgren, Chytil, strome.)

Big deals won’t happen until the summer? But they can get both. It’ll just require creativity and actual scouting, not the lazy star chasing that we’re used to seeing this team do.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
You can if one or the other is on an affordable second contract and you aren’t afraid of moving some guys or letting others walk (lindgren, Chytil, strome.)

Big deals won’t happen until the summer? But they can get both. It’ll just require creativity and actual scouting, not the lazy star chasing that we’re used to seeing this team do.
I get what your saying. I'd just rather them bank on our defensive prospects taking the next steps. I think we need an upgrade at center more than D. I'm sure both can be done though. I just wouldn't give a big contract to another D at this point. Just my opinion, anyways.

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015

The concept of creativity is fine. The idea that you could get 2 or 3 GMs to be creative is the major obstacle.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What’s he looking for on his next deal?
He probably wants Trouba money at least. Friedman said earlier this year he is looking at all those 9m + extensions (Jones, McAvoy, Fox, etc) that were given out this summer, and that he may not get there if he hits UFA he gets closer than we probably think.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
And any player we bring in might not help us. It's all a gamble. Any assets we use now to add players will be assets we don't have later.
I like to deal in the now and not in hypotheticals. This is a good team and our 1st and 2nd overalls have been dogshit… the draft is a crapshoot. Igor has been relatively healthy this year. He goes down with an injury and we’re f***ed. People do realize that there’s a chance we might not actually get better over the next few years…right? Again, I’m not saying trade everything, but address the teams needs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad