Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I just dont think its an upgrade. I dont think Chytil can handle 2nd line duties. I also dont think teams are going to be trading high upside centers unless we pay a lot. I know people are down on Lindgren, but I dont think its worth upgrading our D at the cost of a better center.
I don't think he's a Center but it's what we have.

With the cap, there really isn't much to trade for when it comes to middle6 centers... It's a select few.

or memes can bevome reality and Laffy or someone moves to Center

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
rather trade for Radek Faksa who fills a need as a gritty shutdown center. Radulov is cooked.

i would do Chytil, Kravtsov and Robertson for Faksa and Gurianov

Goodrow Faksa Gurianov is a nice 3rd line to have. Way better than McKegg, Gauthier and Chytil

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
rather trade for Radek Faksa who fills a need as a gritty shutdown center. Radulov is cooked.

Goodrow Faksa Gurianov is a nice 3rd line to have. Way better than McKegg, Gauthier and Chytil
I think it would be difficult to get Faksa or Hintz out of Dallas, but they are good targets, i.e., the right style.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
I really hope we don't trade Robertson. I have zero time to watch prospect games these days and basically only know the basics about him, but for some reason I get the feeling that out of our group of prospect Dmen, he's the one who would become an impact player for us.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I think it would be difficult to get Faksa or Hintz out of Dallas, but they are good targets, i.e., the right style.
Hintz i doubt is moved but I can see them moving Faksa due to future cap issues. Faksa would be a gritty physical center they need with size. I would move Kravtsov to get him. He is good on faceoffs which is a need with the current Rangers centers

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I really hope we don't trade Robertson. I have zero time to watch prospect games these days and basically only know the basics about him, but for some reason I get the feeling that out of our group of prospect Dmen, he's the one who would become an impact player for us.

It's usually the ones who aren't hyped up offensively like Jones and Nils who pan out unexpectedly, so you may be onto something.

I like his attributes, but if he is dealt to bring in someone the Rangers can extend long term to plug a hole I can live with it. Same could be said for the other two really. Depends on the return.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

As an organization we have a really good history of developing no-frills defense first blueliners, which bodes well for Matthew.

That said, if you're telling me I have to give up one of Jones, Robertson, Nils... given what we know today I think I'd send Robertson first.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Faksa is not a shutdown center. He plays in that role and he's bad at it.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
As an organization we have a really good history of developing no-frills defense first blueliners, which bodes well for Matthew.

That said, if you're telling me I have to give up one of Jones, Robertson, Nils... given what we know today I think I'd send Robertson first.
Are we talking about giving them up for no return? Or giving them up with the context of them fetching "market" price? Because those are two very different value propositions.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Are we talking about giving them up for no return? Or giving them up with the context of them fetching "market" price? Because those are two very different value propositions.
I suppose you’re right. I think the market value is probably Nils, Jones, Robertson in that order, so what we recoup is certainly relevant to the choice.

Then again, there’s a pretty big market glut of small puck moving defensemen on the brink of entering the NHL so that could change things

Reactions: Greg02

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
It's been brought up a couple times but I could see Eakin being a NYR by the TDL

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If the Blues are really shopping Binnington RIP to any Georgiev trade

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I like Zac Jones a lot. I want him to stick on the 3rd pair next season.

But if he holds the second most value + Fox is taking 75% of the PP time for the next decade (with some combination of Miller/Trouba/Schneider/? mopping up the last 25%)...I'd consider dealing him.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Hintz i doubt is moved but I can see them moving Faksa due to future cap issues. Faksa would be a gritty physical center they need with size. I would move Kravtsov to get him. He is good on faceoffs which is a need with the current Rangers centers
We have future cap issues. Faksa is at best a 3rd line center, making 3.25 mil for the next 3 years. We need a 2C.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
If the Blues are really shopping Binnington RIP to any Georgiev trade
Binnington has a long term deal. Georgiev would be a cheaper contract. Maybe not better, but in a cap crunch, he's likely to be moved first. Blues moving Binnington would almost be a dump unless someone with term and dollars close is coming back.

Georgiev would be more coveted based on that alone.

Reactions: Glen Sathers Cigar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad