Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The concept of drafting BPA also means not getting too attached to your prospects.

Jones and Lundkvist are examples of great drafting. But they play a position that is a current strength for the club. So you now have to be willing to move them (or the guys blocking them).

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The concept of drafting BPA also means not getting too attached to your prospects.

Jones and Lundkvist are examples of great drafting. But they play a position that is a current strength for the club. So you now have to be willing to move them (or the guys blocking them).
the problem becomes, Center is our need. No one is trading their slam dunk Center prospects.

We have to take a risk for the Turcottes or Kupari's of the league

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Binnington has a long term deal. Georgiev would be a cheaper contract. Maybe not better, but in a cap crunch, he's likely to be moved first. Blues moving Binnington would almost be a dump unless someone with term and dollars close is coming back.

Georgiev would be more coveted based on that alone.
Binnington is good and is a Cup winner. Georgiev is neither. There is not going to be a robust market for goalies either just because they are cheaper. They teams looking for an upgrade are going to be calling the Blues first.

Reactions: bobbop

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
I like Zac Jones a lot. I want him to stick on the 3rd pair next season.

But if he holds the second most value + Fox is taking 75% of the PP time for the next decade (with some combination of Miller/Trouba/Schneider/? mopping up the last 25%)...I'd consider dealing him.
Right now, I think the org views Robertson as the long-term 3LD. They coveted Schneider because of the game he plays and, from what I understand, Robertson plays a similar style.

They have enough offense in Fox/Miller/Trouba and a Robertson-Schneider “3rd pair” would give us a very dynamic top 6 and allows Gallant to roll all 6 without having to worry about match ups nearly as much.

While I do love what I saw from Jones this year, I understand why he’d be a better trade chip.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
the problem becomes, Center is our need. No one is trading their slam dunk Center prospects.

We have to take a risk for the Turcottes or Kupari's of the league
Everyone mentions Kane to the Rangers, but in reality, Toews at 50% in the summer is the move I'd expect. Similar AAV to what Strome is making now. Leader, and can still play. Would be a year removed from dealing with his personal issues and being back in the league. Good on draws, compliments Zibanejad.

That's the more likely deal than Kane.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Everyone mentions Kane to the Rangers, but in reality, Toews at 50% in the summer is the move I'd expect. Similar AAV to what Strome is making now. Leader, and can still play. Would be a year removed from dealing with his personal issues and being back in the league. Good on draws, compliments Zibanejad.

That's the more likely deal than Kane.
Toews, the leader so great he wasn't aware of molestation happening on his own team and other players making fun of the victim. No thanks.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Who the hell would want anything to do with Binnington? He's got 5 years left at 6M per.

He's also got a NTC through 2024
And he's also terrible. He had basically a hot season and a half behind a very strong team and now he's settled back in to what he is: a borderline NHL starter at best.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Binnington is good and is a Cup winner. Georgiev is neither. There is not going to be a robust market for goalies either just because they are cheaper. They teams looking for an upgrade are going to be calling the Blues first.

Binnington hasn't been good since they won the cup. Since then he's been a middle-of-the-pack goalie at best and has been downright bad this year.

Reactions: Go Rangers

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Binnington hasn't been good since they won the cup. Since then he's been a middle-of-the-pack goalie at best and has been downright bad this year.
And he is still better than Georgiev

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
If he is signed to a contract that starts this year, he would be eligible, but whether he's good enough is anyone's guess.
Oh yeah, I know he'd be eligible, it's the whether he's good enough or not that I'm wondering about. Is he worth trading a 2nd round pick for right now or are we better off taking our chances that none of the teams he wants will move a 2nd for him and we can take a run at him in the summer?

I know nothing about him, the first I've heard of him was when his rights being traded became a story a few weeks ago. Statistically he profiles similar to Morgan Barron but I'm not sure if their playing styles are similar at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad