Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I’m out!
Me too....I think our best move is for another first round pick or hold him and have another training camp and we will see where he is on the depth chart then . If he makes one of our 3 RW spots great....and if he is even close we find a way to give him 20-30 games and let teams see what he has to offer...somebody might want to take him if we still want to deal him . It's worth the risk to hold him and get possibly more out of him as a player on our team . He might be a great #2 RW .....Then we can decide on Laf and KK and maybe one of the trio is traded if VK surprises or best case scenario...all 3 of our studs turn out...then we have a problem LOL...a nice problem....somebody could always slot in the 3RW spot .

I don't see much point in trading him for Lehkonen a 3rd stringer expiring contract/RFA ......I think that is just bad business as a GM by Drury . He would do better swallowing some pride of sorts and give the kid one more chance at camp. We have Panarin-Kreider-Blais -Goodrow on LW and the 3 kids on the right and we added Vatrano and have Reaves . We don't need Lehkonen . We don't need to give away Kravs.

We need a #2 Center ...if you want to give Kravs away...do it there .

Last edited:
Reactions: EdJovanovski

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005

I swear to god the average 9 year old has better grammar than Goon.

I don't want to trade Robertson for a rental either, dumb. Future third pair who plays like a second pair.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
You didn't want to pay Hertl $8M plus over 8 years? What's wrong with you? Thank goodness that nonsense is over. Do you think the Rangers can get Hertl? Have you morons seen the Rangers cap situation? How the f*** are the Rangers paying Hertl when they have nearly $50M invested in their 6 highest paid players? Maybe they can get Kreider to waive? Why would he waive his NMC? Maybe they can get Trouba to waive? Not happening. Maybe they can dump Chytil and Nemeth for nothing to free up $4.8M in space. The Rangers don't re-sign Strome and they get rid of Georgiev. That doesn't add up to $8M for Hertl and you need to fill those roster spots. Strome and Georgiev don't have contracts for next season.

Creative accounting is not enough. Take out Hertl and replace him with another big name. The same issues exist.

The Rangers have Igor Shesterkin in net. The Rangers win every goalie matchup in the playoffs. Are they playing one on one? Igor hasn't played a single second of playoff hockey and he is supposedly carrying the Rangers to the Stanley Cup this season. The Rangers won every goaltending matchup when Lundqvist was there. It didn't mean much.

I 100% agree, and I don’t have a problem with posters at a place like this not understanding that guys like Hertl or Larkin or Eichel and the likes make zero sense — it’s worse that just about any reporter around this team understands it (and here I draw a line re. Eichel/Larkin after Ziba was resigned, would have been another thing if we let Ziba walk).

Sure you can afford extremely high paid players. I used to joke that all Cup winners actually have one thing in common, a few terrible contracts.

But like we have the extremely high paid players. Panarin is the 2nd highest paid player in the league. Both Fox and Trouba are top 15 along Ds. Ziba is 12 among forwards.

You must have elite depth to win, 4 of the last 6 cup winners arguably had by far the best 3rd line in the League (Hags-Bonino-Kessel/Coleman-Gourde-Goodrow). Stuff happen, you must be flexible.

All focus around this team should be on that Drury must find ways to get great contracts, overachievers. We can’t even remotely afford another expensive center. It’s a joke.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I'm guessing his sources stopped talking.

He had a few sports memorabilia stores (may still have them) and would have players come through for signings. Always assumed that he developed relationships with them and people that he had to speak in order to get them booked and would grab info that way.

He obviously tried to keep the reputation as an insider going after losing contacts (and came up with some goofy stuff) which was only accentuated by his grammar and spelling for some pretty hilarious memes in this place (Matt's Zuccarello is my all time favorite.) I personally never had an issue with the guy, but he asked for the flack that he got/gets.

But he was reliable at one point, way more than some of the other "insiders" who have rolled through here.

For the newbies: Edge and BBKers (especially when drunk) are the only guys you want to listen to. There was a Stepan super fan who used to post here who was also great but he got run off these boards.

Don’t want to out someone, so if it’s touchy someone that knows shouldn’t post about it, but I think we used to have a dad of a pretty good player post here, right?

Reactions: Idlerlee and BBKers

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
The situation is beyond saddening with so much suffering, disbelief and apathy. But also kindness, generosity and love. It’s truly sad and an ultimate sign of human duality that war brings out both the worst and best of people.

What do you say, I think we would make an invincible team, should we head to Moscow and take out the dwarf? We could also ask @bernmeister to tag.

Reactions: BBKers

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Don’t want to out someone, so if it’s touchy someone that knows shouldn’t post about it, but I think we used to have a dad of a pretty good player post here, right?
Stepan’s dad was the super fan mentioned. I won’t post his username though.

As for Ricky, the only two tidbits of information he ever gave that I believed were him running into Sather at the draft in 2013 and Sather telling him he wouldn’t re-sign Ryane Clowe because his brains were scrambled from the last concussion, and when he warned us all that Nash was coming back too early from the concussion in 2013 because he wanted to make the 2014 Olympic team.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

As for Ricky, the only two tidbits of information he ever gave that I believed were him running into Sather at the draft in 2013 and Sather telling him he wouldn’t re-sign Ryane Clowe because his brains were scrambled from the last concussion, and when he warned us all that Nash was coming back too early from the concussion in 2013 because he wanted to make the 2014 Olympic team.

Not Ranger related, but he called the Kovalchuk to NJD trade to a tee hours before it went public.

I think he had Avery and Prust to NYR before they happened too.

Also I had no idea that poster was Stepan's dad lol.

Reactions: Ola and NYR Viper

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
LOL...2 hours to read 20 pages and eat a cold supper . Ranger hockey is so addictive . What did we do back in 1971 with no internet ? I remember waiting for the games at night on radio and we would get all the scoops on the first intermission and during the broadcasts . Things sure have changed .

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
LOL...2 hours to read 20 pages and eat a cold supper . Ranger hockey is so addictive . What did we do back in 1971 with no internet ? I remember waiting for the games at night on radio and we would get all the scoops on the first intermission and during the broadcasts . Things sure have changed .

I too was shocked to learn things aren't the same as 50 freakin' years ago! :laugh:

I'm 40 and starting to feel it, thanks for making me feel young again :thumbu:
:naughty:

Gluten Free Breadman

Mar 9, 2011
ny

I was at the flying puck one night in 2010 with a bunch of friends. The guy next to me was pretty drunk and clearly a rangers fan. He randomly looks at me and says "man this new kid, whats his name, stephan, yeah stephan, he f***ing sucks,ehh?" and I was like no way he scored 3 goals in his first game, he's only 20 years old what are you talking about dude? and he was like okay come here lemme buy you and all your friends drinks, the guy was Stepan's dad and just messing with me.

He bought me and my 3 friends drinks the rest of the night, until like 2am and tried to get my girlfriend's number so he could take her "to a game." Fun times. I miss the flying puck.

Go Rangers

Mar 16, 2022
Franklin Tn
Radulov has sucked ass for a very long time now. You probably think he’s still good now because you watched a few games in 2017 and 2018 when he wasn’t frolicking on the ice like diva waiting for his teammates to spring him.

The only thing Radulov strangles is his teams offensive opportunities. I’d rather see McKegg than that worthless scrub.
Ok you just crossed a line with us anti-keggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad