Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
  • Haha
Reactions: DanielBrassard

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010

12.0%. So they'll go "all in" and bump it up to what? 13%? 14%? May not even make a difference since other teams will too. Better to wait for a down year around the league and then pounce.

Uh...12% is the highest percentage on the chart. In other words, the favorite.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Kakko, Laf, Chytil, Miller, Schneider. There's no telling which of these players will still be here next year--though I would expect most to still be here--but I do expect that they will all improve as they get older. Plus we have other prospects who might come in and make an impact, like Cuylle, Othmann, Lundkvist, Jones.

In a couple years, both Trouba and Kreider will be tradeable, as their NMCs become NTCs. And the cap should go up significantly by then. The next 2 years will be tight cap-wise, but after that, we have lots of options. That's not to say we should wait 2 years before doing anything significant, but at the same time we shouldn't be going all in now.

Right now, unless we can find a deal for the perfect 2C, we should be playing moneyball. No high priced acquisitions. No big trades. Find players who mesh well and help to build a team that is more than the sum of its parts. If we make a big trade for a center and we get it wrong, it's going to hurt us for a lot longer than 2 years.
All of that MAY happen, but reality right now, is they have a shot. Any one of your scenarios could be very easily derailed by injury.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
yes and they all fill the same need. crazy radical takes. Looking around the league for players that fill needs.

Have these players predominantly been middle 6 centers or energy spark plugs? They were? omg maybe it's a massive need? mentioned in a ROSTER BUILDING thread.... No shit.

have no clue what the point of your post was.
I love the Vatrano trade. It’s a 4th round pick for a legit middle-6 winger. That’s a trade that makes sense.

A lot of the names you’ve been peddling have too much term and we simply don’t have the space for them. Like Lindholm? How are we extending him? Why even entertain the idea of acquiring him when he doesn’t put us over the top?

Lehkonen is another name you’ve brought up a number of times that I can get down with for the right price, but he’s another player we might not be able to extend this summer.

It’s the bigger names that a lot of posters (not just you) keep discussing that set me off. That, and a lot of liquor.

Reactions: Riche16

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

12.0%. So they'll go "all in" and bump it up to what? 13%? 14%? May not even make a difference since other teams will too. Better to wait for a down year around the league and then pounce.

This is the best team they've ever had. The wait til next year mentality would be absurd...This is next year.

That isn't to say I agree with the Chiarot deal...that was an overpay.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
All of that MAY happen, but reality right now, is they have a shot. Any one of your scenarios could be very easily derailed by injury.
And any player we bring in might not help us. It's all a gamble. Any assets we use now to add players will be assets we don't have later.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Florida is going to have to be incredibly creative to launder money to accommodate any Giroux deal.
I just looked at Florida's Capfriendly page and you are right. How the hell can they fit Giroux under the cap even with 50% retention?

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Not sure we are picking up another forward unless it’s real cheap. Vatrano pushes McKegg and Gauthier out of the picture if Kakko returns. I don’t see Gallant moving away from Hunt. Maybe reaves gets a break…

Really want a pmd. Giordano or maybe Leddy. I don’t see drury meeting the price of a chychrun or lindholm

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Not sure we are picking up another forward unless it’s real cheap. Vatrano pushes McKegg and Gauthier out of the picture if Kakko returns. I don’t see Gallant moving away from Hunt. Maybe reaves gets a break…

Really want a pmd. Giordano or maybe Leddy. I don’t see drury meeting the price of a chychrun or lindholm

I would think Brodzinski is the casualty, not McKegg, based on Gallant's track record. I think Brodzinski has been a bright spot the last few games with an elevated level from Chytil, so, for me, that wouldn't be the right move.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
I would think Brodzinski is the casualty, not McKegg, based on Gallant's track record. I think Brodzinski has been a bright spot the last few games with an elevated level from Chytil, so, for me, that wouldn't be the right move.
IDK - seems like Brodzinski has replaced McKegg on the PK. If that holds, then McKegg is the next in line to sit.

Reactions: RangersFan1994
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad